Does anyone have some advice please?

JonahAteAWhale

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have mostly bedtime accidents but only sometimes accidents during the day. I think, although not sure, it is the major tranquillisers I am on doing something to my nervous system, and anyway I always was a bedwetter but it had mostly cleared up, but all these people are making me paranoid that it's caused by nappies (I decided to go 24/7 in nappies for mental health reasons, but prior to this was having the accidents. I just feel calm and happy in nappies. I am diagnosed with schizophrenia, possibly autism and ADHD, people are telling me to get tested but I cannot afford the tests and the NHS waiting lists are closed.) Sorry.. that's a bit jumbled... I'm really worried that I will be in extreme pain due to total incontinence for relying on nappies for my mental health and periodic incontinence, should I be worried? I don't know... Thanks for reading :)

• Sad
  • Hug
Reactions: Diprs2, Seasonedcitizen and PadPhilosopher
All of the major tranquilizers carry a small risk on Incontinence /bladder dysfunction as a side effect . There are so many typical and atypical drugs available if you can’t or won’t tolerate a particular side effect , talk with your doctor and they can cross taper to something that may help your symptoms without the intrusive side effects . Now as far as routine diaper use if you use a diaper like a diaper you will slowly overtime develope complete incontinence if on the other hand you wear for accidents well still using the toilet like a toilet with no effect on potty training . If you use the diaper to wet or mess intentionally with the slightest need or urge randomly it will not end well ,wearing it for mental health and accidents is perfectly ok, your not hurting anyone or anything ( let’s face it there are 1000 other potential lethal mental health coping mechanisms people use , and honestly if most doctors weren’t ignorant assholes who treat people like garbage , we would all be better off )

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher, Woncrinklz and 1 other person
Tetra said:
All of the major tranquilizers carry a small risk on Incontinence /bladder dysfunction as a side effect . There are so many typical and atypical drugs available if you can’t or won’t tolerate a particular side effect , talk with your doctor and they can cross taper to something that may help your symptoms without the intrusive side effects . Now as far as routine diaper use if you use a diaper like a diaper you will slowly overtime develope complete incontinence if on the other hand you wear for accidents well still using the toilet like a toilet with no effect on potty training . If you use the diaper to wet or mess intentionally with the slightest need or urge randomly it will not end well ,wearing it for mental health and accidents is perfectly ok, your not hurting anyone or anything ( let’s face it there are 1000 other potential lethal mental health coping mechanisms people use , and honestly if most doctors weren’t ignorant assholes who treat people like garbage , we would all be better off )
Thank you for your reply. However I cannot hold wee in a nappy. I just tend to go and sometimes don't notice (I don't know if I have mentioned but I wore nappies through my childhood and wore for fun for many years as an adult.) Part of the reason nappies help me is because I can go anytime. I have been advised in the Adult Diapers forum to wear a pull up for a day and not go in it and use the loo, which is what I am going to do.

So it is true nappies can result in total incontinence and I should be careful? That is disappointing. Never mind though I will wear a pull up once a week and hold it as much as possible.

Reactions: Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
But is it true being incontinent or having a really small bladder means you're in constant pain?

• Wow
Can’t say for sure on the source of your pain I will say there is a disease called interstitial cystitis that can cause a lot of pain as well as cause incontinence issues . You really need to see a good urologist / psychopharmacologist to find out what’s causing the pain and are the medications causing side effects ( hint pain is a warning sign usually reflecting on greater health issues that have not been correctly diagnosed or treated ) I am no longer licensed in any field of medicine due to permanent disability/retirement , so I am just a knowledgable “peanut gallery “ .

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and Woncrinklz
Tetra said:
Can’t say for sure on the source of your pain I will say there is a disease called interstitial cystitis that can cause a lot of pain as well as cause incontinence issues . You really need to see a good urologist / psychopharmacologist to find out what’s causing the pain and are the medications causing side effects ( hint pain is a warning sign usually reflecting on greater health issues that have not been correctly diagnosed or treated ) I am no longer licensed in any field of medicine due to permanent disability/retirement , so I am just a knowledgable “peanut gallery “ .
No sorry I have no pain. Someone told me nappies caused him to live in extreme pain forever, due to a tiny bladder? Is this true?

It’s probably more malingering than fact , typically the only difference among large bladders and small is wether your gonna flood that bad boy in a single wetting .incontinent people don’t usually have high power full bladder dumplings , it’s usually a constant low pressure leak and some like myself leak all the time but have retention issues so if I am not frequently catheterized and drained I can and will destroy a diaper when my bladder releases a large amount . I just got out of the hospital so I was getting bladder scanned hourly to check and measure well being changed.

Reactions: Diprs2, JonahAteAWhale and PadPhilosopher
JonahAteAWhale said:
But is it true being incontinent or having a really small bladder means you're in constant pain?
No idea where you got that idea. Some conditions which cause incontinence are also sources of pain, but the inability to hold urine is not inherently painful, albeit diaper rash and psychological distress can follow sometimes.

Reactions: mirrored22 and Diprs2
Oh, also, it's theoretically possible for muscles unused to holding urine to have some form of pain from strain if you try to hold it after not doing so for a long time.

Reactions: Diprs2
Tetra said:
It’s probably more malingering than fact , typically the only difference among large bladders and small is wether your gonna flood that bad boy in a single wetting .incontinent people don’t usually have high power full bladder dumplings , it’s usually a constant low pressure leak and some like myself leak all the time but have retention issues so if I am not frequently catheterized and drained I can and will destroy a diaper when my bladder releases a large amount . I just got out of the hospital so I was getting bladder scanned hourly to check and measure well being changed.
Thank you for this information. You think he is a bad person with bad intentions, or maybe he is blaming nappies for circumstances without the causal powers of nappies?

• Thinking
PadPhilosopher said:
No idea where you got that idea. Some conditions which cause incontinence are also sources of pain, but the inability to hold urine is not inherently painful, albeit diaper rash and psychological distress can follow sometimes.
Thank you this is very reassuring I feel much better now deeply so :)

JonahAteAWhale said:
Thank you this is very reassuring I feel much better now deeply so :)
Good...... I'll be honest, some of what you've posted recently says your continence is probably going to be toast soon, if it isn't already. But aside from the fact that most people who are incontinent consider that reality to be "a pain," using the term to mean "a hassle," as is colloquially done, there is no reason to believe that you're staring down a road full of physical pain.

PadPhilosopher said:
Good...... I'll be honest, some of what you've posted recently says your continence is probably going to be toast soon, if it isn't already. But aside from the fact that most people who are incontinent consider that reality to be "a pain," using the term to mean "a hassle," as is colloquially done, there is no reason to believe that you're staring down a road full of physical pain.
Oh gosh is that what it is? Oh you mean like an inconvenience? Oh.. No I don't think it is an inconvenience to me. I mean: let h be the happiness of nappies and let i be the inconvenience of nappies, h/i and h>i

Last edited:
JonahAteAWhale said:
Oh gosh is that what it is? Oh you mean like an inconvenience? Oh.. No I don't think it is an inconvenience to me.
Yes, that. Many people say things are "a pain" to mean that it is an inconvenience, or a hassle. Perhaps that's what the person who frightened you was meaning.

Living truly 24/7 as if I were urinary incontinent, in solidarity with someone who is and is struggling with that reality, I assure you it is an inconvenience at times. But, it sounds like in your case it might be less inconvenient than other challenges that diapering seems to mitigate for you.

Last edited:
PadPhilosopher said:
Yes, that. Many people say things are "a pain" to mean that it is an inconvenience, or a hassle. Perhaps that's what the person who frightened you was meaning.

Living truly 24/7 as if I were urinary incontinent, in solidarity with someone who is and is struggling with that reality, I assure you it is an inconvenience at times. But, it sounds like in your case it might be less inconvenient than other challenges that diapering seems to mitigate for you.
Yes I think so. Thank you for your wisdom and insight :) I feel really better now.

Back