Doctor asked about my diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlboylife

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
So I donated plasma today which was an experience by itself. I thought it would be short and simple like giving blood. It took 2 hours for paperwork and all and 2 hours for donation. After paperwork and the blood test, the guy tells me I have to give a urine sample. ( I'm wearing a rearz dino diaper during this). Ok I guess I can manage a urine sample, awkward but I did it. Then the lady that did the test asks me in for a questionnaire and exam. That went fine until she says," can you lift your shirt up so I can listen to your lungs?" So I take a deep breath and lift my shirt. She does so and has no question about the diaper. She has me lay down for the abdominal exam. She pushes on my stomach like always, this made my diaper crinkle. She checks my ankles and feet, then says she's done. Just before I pull my shirt back down she tugs on my diaper and asks " is this a disposable?" Totally off guard since I thought I was done, i simply stated yes it is. The doctor asked me why i was wearing it and if i needed to tell her anything. I just told her i was wearing my diaper for comfort reasons. She replied with an ok just making sure everything is ok. I pulled my shirt down and sat down in the chair to finish the paperwork.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: KittyMerriweather, LilPawz, LatinLex and 8 others
Personally, I believe that was a little forward. I mean grabbing the diaper, it’s like a little unwanted touching. I’m glad you were honest. It was hard for me to talk about it as well. But I have been to about 10 appointments while wearing diapers. They all know now, and treat me with respect.

I’ve never donated plasma (can’t donate blood so no idea if I could donate plasma), so I had no idea you’d get an exam like that! But I am glad to hear that it went well and that she was understanding. Of course I haven’t heard of many medical workers questioning our clothing. I was almost expecting her to offer you another diaper because you had on a disposable (she could have thought you were wet and would like a fresh one).

I’m pretty sure I’d have gone bright red if that happened to me. I’m comfortable enough to go shopping, movies, and parks. An exam itself I wouldn’t wear and a surprise exam would be worse. I’d probably ask to use the bathroom real quick to take it off.

dlboylife said:
So I donated plasma today which was an experience by itself. I thought it would be short and simple like giving blood. It took 2 hours for paperwork and all and 2 hours for donation. After paperwork and the blood test, the guy tells me I have to give a urine sample. ( I'm wearing a rearz dino diaper during this). Ok I guess I can manage a urine sample, awkward but I did it. Then the lady that did the test asks me in for a questionnaire and exam. That went fine until she says," can you lift your shirt up so I can listen to your lungs?" So I take a deep breath and lift my shirt. She does so and has no question about the diaper. She has me lay down for the abdominal exam. She pushes on my stomach like always, this made my diaper crinkle. She checks my ankles and feet, then says she's done. Just before I pull my shirt back down she tugs on my diaper and asks " is this a disposable?" Totally off guard since I thought I was done, i simply stated yes it is. The doctor asked me why i was wearing it and if i needed to tell her anything. I just told her i was wearing my diaper for comfort reasons. She replied with an ok just making sure everything is ok. I pulled my shirt down and sat down in the chair to finish the paperwork.
I wonder why she asked if it’s a disposable.

Reactions: BabyHailey1977
MattTheCat said:
I was wondering the same thing.

I think it was a way to bring up a subject that she knew would be embarrassing for me. I might have been beet red but I wasn't paying attention to my face. Haha

Reactions: Moicano and BabyHailey1977
dlboylife said:
I think it was a way to bring up a subject that she knew would be embarrassing for me. I might have been beet red but I wasn't paying attention to my face. Haha
Makes sense..

dlboylife said:
Oh yea that sounds right.

Foward and uncomfortable, certainly lacking tact but it is not totally uncalled for. Many people do use for medical reasons and that should be on record so it is part of their job.
I would have said the same thing save an additional caveat but in a 4-hour session I would likely go past simple comfort and there is a decent chance I would have wet myself on accident and I would add that fact if for n other reason than to put it on my medical record, something that I have actually done already.

Wait why was there an exam? I’ve never donated but as I understood it ( for blood at least) you just donate and answer questions then you’re done.

Beowulf said:
Wait why was there an exam? I’ve never donated but as I understood it ( for blood at least) you just donate and answer questions then you’re done.
I wont pretend to know exactly why but it's just more strict with plasma than blood. They use plasma to make several medications. I was not expecting it to be that drawn out and was definitely not expecting an exam.

dlboylife said:
I just told her i was wearing my diaper for comfort reasons.
That is actually a great reply. It can mean physical comfort as you're incontinent or it can mean mental comfort as you're a DL or it can mean a lot of things in between those two extremes. I shall remember that if I am ever asked. I promise I ALWAYS wear a diaper; so, it isn't out of the realm of possibilities for a mid-70s guy to be asked that question should a medical professional notice I'm wearing.

MattTheCat said:
Probably meant it like in the sense of "briefs" or "protection" or "protective underwear" rather than saying "diaper".

Reactions: Moicano, Elhon and Reward
dlboylife said:
I wont pretend to know exactly why but it's just more strict with plasma than blood. They use plasma to make several medications. I was not expecting it to be that drawn out and was definitely not expecting an exam.
I dont think that plasma is any different from blood in that regard. However, they are paying for the plasma they take, so its in their best interests to ensure they aren't throwing away money on bad quality, junkie juice.

Reactions: dlboylife and blowydiaper
dlboylife said:
( I'm wearing a rearz dino diaper during this).
dlboylife said:
( I'm wearing a rearz dino diaper during this).

i wear rearz dino they r the best

Do you think she suspected you had a medical issue that you wern’t disclosing? Maybe a surgery due to a medical issue that made you incontinent. Just an idea. I agree with everybody else, it was a bit intrusive.

MattTheCat said:
She'd probably never seen a disposable adult diaper with cute designs. She'd probably seen the more conservative designs like on Tena, et al., and her mind probably tried to reconcile the triple input of "diaper", "adult" and "babylike"; after all, the vast majority of the uninvolved have no idea that cute, babyish diapers exist for adults...or that adult-sized bottles, pacifiers or baby clothing exist, neither.

That's just our little secret...for now. 🤫 🤭 ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Peesalot and BabyHailey1977
Been to the doctor many times, have worn a diaper every time for the past 20 years, was only questioned about it in my early 30's.
Those questions stopped after I wet my diaper during a physical .
Now part of my permanent medical history as incontinent.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
About a year or so ago, I threw my back out really bad, still not quite sure how. Long story short, my fiance had to take me to urgent care, and yes, I was wearing-partially due to the fact that I couldn't get out of bed because my back hurt so bad.

The nurse actually had to give me a muscle relaxer shot in my butt-and she didn't say anything when I pulled my pants down. Now that, my friends, is professionalism!

Last edited:
Reactions: thedlguy, SpAzpieSweeTot and BobbiSueEllen
Howwedoin said:
Do you think she suspected you had a medical issue that you wern’t disclosing? Maybe a surgery due to a medical issue that made you incontinent. Just an idea. I agree with everybody else, it was a bit intrusive.
No it wasn't. It was an exam. It wouldn't have been professional of her not to ask, because she needed to know everything was okay. It was actually a rather brilliant way for her to ask, without making him feel extra uncomfortable.

Reactions: Moicano, askmelater47 and BobbiSueEllen
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back