Do you wear a hearing aid?

I don't use hearing aides. But i do use electronic ear muffs when im at the shooting range. They amplify your hearing. Then block the gun fire when you or someone else shoots. I can hear what folks are saying on the range. They would be a great spy tool lol.

Reactions: geka and Edgewater
I’m in my first year with hearing aids for both ears. I have high frequency loss in both ears in the frequencies in which most women speak. I thus had a medical note from my doctor explaining that I was not ignoring my wife.
i don’t wear them all the time but when I wear them I definitely notice an improvement in my hearing.

Reactions: Edgewater and BigAl2
No hearing aids yet, although I have some high-frequency loss in both ears, probably due to all those years in band, sitting or standing in back near the percussion section.

I do wear hearing anti-aids though: I basically can’t sleep without earbuds. Without them I wake to even the smallest noises. It was a bit of a crisis when my years-old Bose SleepBuds finally died this last summer and I discovered Bose had discontinued them. After a few months I’ve finally warmed up to my Anker Sleep A10s. The downside to sleeping with earbuds or earplugs is wax buildup. I do what I can on my own, but I end up needing my ears cleaned pretty much yearly.

• Wow
Reactions: Edgewater and geka
I feel like I need the exact opposite of a hearing aid... like an ear plug that doesn't block out all sound but makes it easier to cope with loud environments

Back