Do you recall the moment that triggered your DL indulgences, or 'where it all began'? (Not fantasy)

I honestly don’t have a time where I can say it started. I just always remember having the desire to wear diapers.

Reactions: dlguy4life
Recently when I skyped with my sister. (She has a baby) After that I came up with following theory: especially early childhood shapes "babies/kids“. Manny parents like to pat their diaper butts or when they carry them their hands are in the crotch area. (some more than other) maybe those moment of touching have something to do whether someones going to be a DL???

I thought the boxers and "True Fit" were good ideas. They could have combined those, to improve the quality/believability that they were ordinary boxers.

That probably has more appeal to us than it does a company that doesn't market to the AB/DL crowd, even though adjacent to it.

After all, real teenagers in Goodnites will just wear boxers over them.

I wrote my origin story six years ago last week, apparently, but here's the tl;dr version. When I was three I spent two months in hospital and was forced into wearing diapers the entire time. In fact, a nurse telling me "we're going to pad them under you" while diapering me is literally the first sentence I remember another human being saying to me. Having been potty trained for over a year I was mortified, but I quickly grew to love being diapered. I was upset when it stopped. To compensate I started stealing my baby cousin's diapers whenever we'd visit my aunt and uncle. Eventually I was caught. I didn't wear another diaper till I was 23, but my fascination with them never went away.

to be honest no, I have memories of wanting to poop my pants and wear diapers since before I can remember. I actually remember the point where I had to establish that not everyone was the same.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192
I was a bedwetter till the age of 14, currently I am 19, the event that triggered my dl fantasies wasn’t something that happened to me but dreams I started having.

I was around 10 years old and I’m not sure why but it was randomly during my first viewing of avatar the last air bender, vividly I can remember having a huge crush on one of the main characters Katara, about halfway through the series I think they are in a mud bath at a spa in the earth kingdom or something my memory’s hazy but that scene must have had a profound impact on me because later that night I went to bed and I had this dream of katara in a diaper that was either filled with mud or some other bodily function and I can somehow still remember that dream to this day as if it were yesterday.

But as far as I’m aware that dream is both my first diaper fantasy and also the first time I had a crush and fantasy about a girl.

lesson is, make someone watch ATLA and you’ll turn them into a diaper addicted Tomboy in no time

Reactions: Lyric and WillFord384
Initially I'd snagged and tried on a couple of my toddler brother's diapers when I was 8. I thought they looked like they would be so comfy, and I particularly liked the idea of the ruffly leak guards for some reason.🥰 I was a skinny kid and they fit amazing and I loved it. I tried wetting them out of curiosity, but only managed a couple of squirts, which did nothing. Well that fun was short lived since they got found in a couple days and I narrowly got out of that.😰

Anyway, what really got it started would have to be my first time wetting a diaper since potty training. I bought some Goodnites when I was 12 around '00-'01 after seeing TV ads for them. I didn't even know they made pull-ups in a pre-teen/teen size!!😲 The pull-ups branding was in small print on the package at the time.

I remember my first time wetting one so vividly. I was only doing it out of curiosity and actually had no intention of making it a habit. I was just expecting a wet feeling, then cold and clammy. BOY WAS I WRONG.
I was in the bathroom in case of a leak, and was in front of a mirror just to see what happened. It took a while for the flow to start, and at first I felt nothing. Then I saw a small gray circle. Then all the sudden the flow must've broke out of "injecting" the padding and made a hissing noise and I felt the warmth surge and spread. I saw a faint horizontal line start rising up the diaper front too. The pee slowed and stopped and then I felt the diaper still swelling, which I was definitely not expecting. I started to get an erection as a result of all this too. The diaper actually felt extremely nice and cozy and warm instead of the clammy cold wetness I was expecting. From that day on I was hooked.🤗

Last edited:
Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, WillFord384, Deleted member 53185 and 3 others
I remember exactly the causes of my DL side. At the age of 6 I woke up wetting the bed and had my first orgasm. I was not a bed-wetter and this experience left me quite disturbed because I didn't know what it was - but it felt great. I concluded that it must have something to do with my bedwetting. I started wetting myself on purpose at night and had a great time doing it for a short time - until my parents had enough. They offered me a visit to the doctor if my bedwetting didn't stop.... Of course I didn't stop - I enjoyed my new hobby too much, but I became more careful and started to make diapers out of plastic bags, kitchen rolls and other stuff to hide the whole thing from my parents.

Many years later I learned that this first beautiful arousal was called "peegasm". Since then I have tried again and again to have such an orgasm again - but I never succeeded again. Meanwhile I know that this is almost impossible for men and the reason why it had worked this one time was that the body had simply not yet reached its full sexual development at that time. But anyway - this experience together with the repetition has established the fetish.

• Wow
Reactions: Lyric, Softypink and Fleetwoodmac32192
Nutshell version. My younger sister had to wear diapers due to a disability that crippled her. I was surprised to see one day that they made diapers bigger than the standard sized baby diapers I was used to seeing. This intrigued me. I surfed the internet (old dial-up) and found ABDL, which was still in it’s infancy (no pun intended). I was around 13 years old at this time. Then rejoined the community when 18.

Reactions: Lyric and Softypink
TL;DR and I've posted this before.

I was 4 or 5. There were some diapers left over in the bathroom. Curiosity sets in and boom....life forever altered.

Reactions: Softypink
I think it's a combination of several warm and cozy feelings/memories, but I'll do the best I can.

While wearing diapers as a child, my parents used to "check me" often to see if I needed a change. Sometimes during the check, the tapes would tear and they'd need to re-secure my diaper with a piece of masking tape. Later in life they joked about this, to which I said nothing, only hoped they didn't suspect what I was slowly figuring out, that I'm a DL with a BDSM fetish. Were these check-ups and re-tapings the foundations of my feelings of warmth, comfort, care, and security I associate with diapers? That's not a conversation I want to have with my mom or dad, but... maybe? Lol. Not like it makes a difference.

I don't really know what exactly triggered me into realizing I liked diapers, but it was before I hit puberty, and it's most likely a result of my bedwetting issues.
I don't remember anything about my potty training, but I can only surmise that I was out of daytime diapers before/around the time I turned 3. I have no idea when night diapers stopped, but I do distinctly remember my mom having me wear cloth training pants when I was probably 4 or so to help with my night wetting. Probably around 5 is when I was introduced to Goodnites (The old all-white kind) and I wore them basically every night until I was 10. At that point my parents decided to take me to the urologist who prescribed me DDAVP and Imipramine, which were mildly effective, but I still peed all over myself at least twice a week. When I was 12 my mother received a pack of adult diapers as a gag gift for her 40th birthday, and I had an overwhelming urge to wear them, so I snuck them into my closet, and the rest is history. I never had the nerve to ask my parents to give me my diapers back, though as a teen they discovered my stash a few times. They never really talked to me about it or brought it up, I was just told to make sure I dispose of anything. I now suspect that even though they most certainly didn't approve, they felt responsible since they kept me in diapers for so long.

Thankfully, the bedwetting slowly became less and less of an issue until it finally subsided when I was 17. Now 27, I have discovered that I have an ABDL superpower! I do not wet the bed anymore, unless I am diapered and drink a lot before bed. I wet a little bit before I go to sleep, and will wake up absolutely soaked, with no memory of wetting. It's pretty awesome and takes me right back into what made me like diapers in the first place.

Reactions: Lyric and Deleted member 53185
Yes.

Found a pack of spare pull ups in the cupboard from when I was potty trained. (this is when i was 8 i found these) put one on, must of been very comfortable, wet it, took it off, hid it, then a loop and then my mum caught me, took them away and i snuck a couple under the covers, wore to bed the next couple of weeks before they ended up tearing. Didn't wet those two until they tore.

For me, it was seeing my niece insisting he want's to poop in diaper. I could not understand why she would want ot be in diaper more than neccesary. I wanted to find for myself, I did...

Reactions: Softypink
Back in the 1960s, we'd get a catalog in the mail from I think it was Spencer Gifts.
Flipping through it one day, I saw something called "Sanitary Pants". This intrigued me!
I was always getting in trouble for pooping my pants and thought, "There's other people out there pooping their pants, So it must be okay"!
Just seeing that ad made my pee pee get hard and tingly at about 8 years old.
I would fantasize about acquiring some so I could poop and nobody could tell, not thinking about odors.
Didn't actually get anything like them until I was in my 20's...

Reactions: wetaccident
My secondary school therapist's best friend's adopted born-female 12 year old girl was using an age play coping mechanism heavily and getting quite the kitchen sink treatment (no pun intended) at said age. She was 12, messing and being changed ...and I don't know what to swear on that that is NOT fiction.
Maybe I dance badly with my own gullibility but sometimes what sounds like fiction may actually not be.
-
BW

ryan01 said:
Hi guys, starting my first thread here so go easy on me if this isn't the right place to do it.

I was on the thread about children who ask and get nappies/diapers when they want, and it reminded me about an experience I had when I was younger that I feel has influenced me as to why I indulge in DL comforting tendancies.

I know that some members use traumatic times and feel that being ABDL allows them to escape that, which I understand. However what I felt triggered me was an experience that wasn't necessarily trauma, but a random situation which provoked it, and I'm curious as to why it transpired the way it did with me as I grew up.

On that thread, the discussion lead on to how there are younger kids who refuse to use the loo even at ages 3 or 4 during training, and that's why DL behaviours are triggered. But for me, I went through similar, but 2 years after training when I was around 5.

My first experience with nappies/diapers post training was a strange one. Not the fanatical stuff that often gets banded about on how some 17 year old in a fantasy world has his friend's mother change him and spank him (strange stuff to pass off as real!), but instead just a bizzare moment that provoked me. Had a few members ask me for experiences so here it is I guess...

Recalling this particular period with my mother and with the limited memory I have of it, it was something to do with my younger brother (around 3 at the time) being hospitalised near the end of our family holiday in Greece (due to a severe allergic reaction), causing us to miss our flight and having to rellocate to some nearby camping / shallet park with communal toilet facilities while we waited for him to be discharged.
The facilities never had lids on the toilet seats and was dark and dingey with lighting issues which scared me, and I wasn't big enough to sit on the cold bowl without a seat. It smelled, and it was used by strange old men who I'd not seen before which freaked me out. I was quite consciencous and was apparently too scared and embarrassed to be awkwardly helped to use it by my parents, so used to hold any #2s I needed and waited until I could use the loos in the hospital. Being worried for my brother's conditions didn't help either, so I was a bit of a state already.

But by the time he was discharged we still had a day left before the next flight back home, by which point I'd become constipated and struggled to hold it. Got caught short while refusing to go to the loo at the park, so mid way through after a brief battle of wits my mother quickly popped one of my brother's nappies into the back of my pants just to save them from ruin at the eleventh hour. It was quite embarrassing for me and I remember being mortified and in an emotional and confused state.
For that day when I needed a #2 it became a huge traumatic fuss of me refusing and crying of being scared to use the loo on site and begging to go to the hospital to use the loo there, but as it was a taxi journey away and it was night time by that point, my mother just taped me into another nappy to allow me to do a #2 to stop me both constipating myself and picking battles with them until we got home when it'd all be back to normal. It felt horrible and babyish at first, but I had no option as I was scared of the loos at the park, and was holding it in pain, so when the nappy was on it was like a sense of embarrassing security.

From there I basically had an irrational fear of unknown loos, so the routine of crying/screaming when I refused to use public loos and getting a nappy for #2 went on until we got home. By which point my parents waited hastly for me using the loo and giving me more attention when I was going rather than leaving me to just go in peace, which forced more anxiety to kick in with the battles started all over again at home for a few days. My parents soon gave up as it became stressful for them and me by constantly picking fights at the fact I could easily go #1 in the loo but not #2 simply out of anxiety from holiday.
The cycle of going #1 in the loo to at the peak of the issue, being put in a nappy when it was suspected I needed to go #2, continued. Irrational and embarrasing it was for me, yet after a while I somehow found comfort in it. I don't know how. I hated being seen in the nappy so would always run up to my room and hide under my duvet covers until I was finished, and hide there shamefully until my mother would come back up to clean me out of the nappy and put me back into pants.

I rode the phase out shortly after when I was due to go back for the next term of school a week later. Being as conscientious as I was, never would I be seen dead acting babyish or kicking up a fuss in front of my friends, let alone my parents, so starting the new term was a happy coincidence which seemed to snap me out of it.

I often wonder how this contributed to indulge in DL behaviours but can't really seem to disect it all. It was only a week where this all happened, yet it's seemed to stick with me. Times got tough a few years later yet I still have the vivid memories of that week when I was 5 in my mind, and I used the thoughts of nappies/diapers as comfort. Still, I don't know why, but I know it was that week which started it all.

Can anyone else relate to this? Or am I just insane that I don't have these illustrious experiences like a lot of people on here seem to have to make it easy as to 'what started it all'?
Wow, I am impressed that you do have this recollection and can connect these feelings to these certain things.

As for me, I can only connect with the fact that I was born with this desire, or at least as long as I have any kind of memory about it. I have memories of being maybe 3 years or 4 at the most when I found a box of used baby clothes in the basement and remember being fascinated with the training cloth pull ups that were in there and using them, stashing them as I didn't know what else to do, then having my mom find them and confront me about it. As long as any memory or thought exists, I have been attracted to diapers and from that earliest first memory, I have wished to wear diapers.

When I was maybe 7, I think? I was having bedwetting problems and my mom put me in a makeshift towel diaper for the night as I had already wet the bed twice. It was a conflict of crying that I was not a baby and did not need to wear a diaper, but at the same time really liking it. So weird, but yet I can vividly recall that situation.

Then as I continued to grow, I have so many memories of just wanting to wear diapers. Making my own makeshift diapers out of towels and trash bags, then eventually as a teenager purchasing baby diapers and duct-taping them together for my size. Finally as I reached the last few years of high school, finding out there were diapers for adults (Depends) and purchasing them and then wearing them when I was in college.

So yeah, the answer to your question is that I do recall when this all happened, and that was likely during my potty training experiences as I never have had any memory of not wanting to wear them.

I never enjoy hitting this barrier: Regretably I have an infant dark origin and - because the internet is written in ink - not even Adisc gets to learn that.
-
BW

Back