Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 4 guest views remaining

Do you Prefer Cloth Backed or Plastic Backed Diapers?

Plastic Backed (Crinkle) or Cloth Backed (Comfort)

• Total voters
My wife insists on cloth diapers and plastic pants at night as I am a heavy side sleeper. During the day I wear ATN’s and plastic pants under my cloths. The plastic diapers and plastic pants make it easier to change at lunch and are less bulky at work although they are a bit more noisy.

• Love
Reactions: Angelapinks, ABDElsa and Deleted member 57387
Plastic backed, and your poll is wrong, at least for me. Cloth backed diapers are NOT comfortable. The cloth backing is rough and it feels like sandpaper is rubbing against my inner thighs all day long. It feels damp and clamy to the touch after I wet, also uncomfortable. And most cloth back diapers crinkle too, if not as much as plastic backed, still some. Under that cloth backing is plastic, if it wasn't there, you're just wearing disposable training pants that might hold a little more urine before leaking then 100% cloth back trainers.

• Wow
Reactions: daddy2022, Forced and ABDElsa
Love them plastic diapers. Its what I was drawn to as a child. I love the all white thick crinkly ones. Yes if one wants discreet then clothlike probably are better out in public. I find though if I put a cover over the crinkly diaper and then clothing you dont hear any crinkle when out in public. The days Im home though Ill make sure the diaper is as crinkly as possible. It just screams out that your wearing a diaper and you cant hide it.

• Love
Reactions: daddy2022, ABDElsa and Deleted member 57387
Grew up in plastic backed, thick Pampers and wore those to bed for a while until I was 8 or 9.
Plastic backed all the way.

• Love
Reactions: daddy2022, BabyCorry, ABDElsa and 1 other person
I like plastic back & classic sticky tapes. They are more durable. If you enjoy pushing your diapers' capacity limits, the "breathable" micro-perforations in cloth-back seem to weep and get the outside a bit clammy/damp (even AlphaGatorz). I've tried ABU Dinos (plastic back with H&L tapes), and I've found that classic sticky tapes hold better. Cloth backing and H&L tapes may get better with time, but I'm still a classic disposable guy for now.

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa and Deleted member 57387
I prefer the plastic backed crinkle for feel and sound, but have a hard spot for soft pull ups😍

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa and Deleted member 57387
It depends. I don't like the noise or heat of plastic, but they are usually better and have a nice feeling to it

• Love
Reactions: RedPandaDL, ABDElsa and Deleted member 57387
Once i can get a pack of the abu diapers ill make that decision. I actually really enjoy the way that like goodnights feel, however medical diapers dont all do it for me. My general preference though is a nice soft plastic back. Like the megamaxes are top notch.

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa
BabyCorry said:
Plastic backed, and your poll is wrong, at least for me. Cloth backed diapers are NOT comfortable. The cloth backing is rough and it feels like sandpaper is rubbing against my inner thighs all day long. It feels damp and clamy to the touch after I wet, also uncomfortable. And most cloth back diapers crinkle too, if not as much as plastic backed, still some. Under that cloth backing is plastic, if it wasn't there, you're just wearing disposable training pants that might hold a little more urine before leaking then 100% cloth back trainers.
Huh interesting. I've never been uncomfortable in cloth backed. But as for Plastic backed they get a bit uncomfortable sometimes as they tend to itch more in the crotch and backside, and the side wings tend to rub against my thighs sometimes making them itchy too. And they can also get really hot and sweaty especially in the summertime! That's why ABU promotes their cloth backed Diapers hard in the summertime, to keep cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedPandaDL
MikeDJ said:
Love them plastic diapers. Its what I was drawn to as a child. I love the all white thick crinkly ones. Yes if one wants discreet then clothlike probably are better out in public. I find though if I put a cover over the crinkly diaper and then clothing you dont hear any crinkle when out in public. The days Im home though Ill make sure the diaper is as crinkly as possible. It just screams out that your wearing a diaper and you cant hide it.
IKR nothing better than wearing a Diaper at home and hearing the Crinkle to let you know you're wearing a Diaper!!!

tunafish said:
It depends. I don't like the noise or heat of plastic, but they are usually better and have a nice feeling to it
I like the noise but not the heat sometimes. Plastic backed are usually better when it's colder so, they don't get as hot. And cloth backed are really good for the summertime to help keep you cool.

Dakota13 said:
Once i can get a pack of the abu diapers ill make that decision. I actually really enjoy the way that like goodnights feel, however medical diapers dont all do it for me. My general preference though is a nice soft plastic back. Like the megamaxes are top notch.
Man those of you that can still fit into size 6 Diapers, Pull-ups, and Goodnites are soooo lucky!!!

Reactions: Nowididit and Angelapinks
I prefer plastic backed, not for the crinkle, but because they keep my underwear (and trousers and furniture) dry.
I do use cloth backed a lot too, but often with plastic pants. I don't find them more comfortable, instead they often sag more.

I don't understand why cloth backed are advertised for breathing and keeping your skin dry.
The only thing they breath is pee and the smell of it. And when the diaper is wet inside from wetting, it's wet.:think:

• Wow
Reactions: ABDElsa and Angelapinks
OnePiece said:
I prefer plastic backed, not for the crinkle, but because they keep my underwear (and trousers and furniture) dry.
I do use cloth backed a lot too, but often with plastic pants. I don't find them more comfortable, instead they often sag more.

I don't understand why cloth backed are advertised for breathing and keeping your skin dry.
The only thing they breath is pee and the smell of it. And when the diaper is wet inside from wetting, it's wet.:think:
By "breathable" I think they mostly mean the sides. Is it possible for a plastic backed product to be designed like this?

I preffer plastic back. I like the durability, and better protection, and the crinkly noise. I love rwarz, typables, little for big, and bambinos.

• Love
Reactions: Angelapinks, Deleted member 56273 and ABDElsa
Kbaby84 said:
I preffer plastic back. I like the durability, and better protection, and the crinkly noise. I love rwarz, typables, little for big, and bambinos.

Plastic is sexier than woven nylon.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Angelapinks and ABDElsa
ABDElsa said:
That's why the Diapers from ABU/Bambino/Rearz etc. are so much better! Unlike the Medical Diapers the ABDL Diapers have what's called a Landing Zone that you stick the tapes stick to allowing for easy re-adjustments without tearing the Diaper! It's almost like taping scotch tape on top of scotch tape. It adheres to itself but can still be peeled off easily if needed.
Main issue is I can't afford premium ABDL diapers, they are way more expensive than what I can spend on this kind of stuff, and for me, they would probably be somehow a waste of money if we consider how much they cost and how much they can absorb, I rarely fill my diapers to their capacity, I wear, I have fun with myself, and take it off and clean and rinse to be 100% sure of the cleaning. I would dream to be able to afford them sometimes, but its either the rent, or fancy ABDL diapers, and in 18 yrs, I've never skipped paying my rent on time, even if sometimes I have to eat just some bread with peanut butter on it for weeks at a time.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Angelapinks and ABDElsa
CodyBaby said:
Main issue is I can't afford premium ABDL diapers, they are way more expensive than what I can spend on this kind of stuff, and for me, they would probably be somehow a waste of money if we consider how much they cost and how much they can absorb, I rarely fill my diapers to their capacity, I wear, I have fun with myself, and take it off and clean and rinse to be 100% sure of the cleaning. I would dream to be able to afford them sometimes, but its either the rent, or fancy ABDL diapers, and in 18 yrs, I've never skipped paying my rent on time, even if sometimes I have to eat just some bread with peanut butter on it for weeks at a time.
Dang that's rough sorry to hear that

Reactions: Angelapinks
I wear cloth backed because I don't like the crinkle. It's embarrassing to myself and I feel ashamed if my wife or daughter (or anyone) would hear me crinkle while sitting moving or walking around..I try to be as discreet as possible that way!

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: RedPandaDL, ABDElsa and Angelapinks
Plastic for me, love to hear them crinkle when I move and especially when I sit down.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273, sissygirlpink, ABDElsa and 1 other person
Back