Do you need to lay down to change?

I have never tried it standing up. I think it would be extra difficult to do and I have no problem laying down, so I never tried.

Reactions: Diprs2
PrincessLittleBear said:
Hi all!

I'm brand new to the world of adult diapers! I have experience with pull-ups (store bought depends and incontrol's felicity pullup), and I am drawn to the cute prints available for diapers.

So, my question is, can you put a diaper on standing up, or do you need to lay down to change? Thanks so much!
I prefer to stand.

If my GF is doing the change but if she’s not available then I use the wall standing up to do a quick change.
I don’t ever seem to be able to get the same good fit that my partner does when I lay on the bed.

I stand to put on and change disposables, and I have a smaller cloth one I stand to put on. I unfold it and arrange it against the bathroom counter, then I back up to it, pull the front part up, then pull the tapes around. I have a larger prefold cloth one that's just too heavy to do it standing, so I do put that one on lying down.

Reactions: Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
You can totally stand up to change! That’s the method I have learned and I’ve pretty much got it down to a science now! I wanted to start out learning this method because I knew there would inevitably be times where I would need a change in public/ at work and knew in my situation standing would work best.

I do prefer the lying down position when I can convince Daddy to diaper me though, it makes me feel more little 💕 I think he’s kind of hesitant about it though because of the tapes placement, but I’m getting some hook and loop diapees soon so hopefully this will help lol

Here’s a link to a video that has helped me a lot with figuring out how to approach changing my own diapers! 10/10 would recommend his channel, he has helped me a lot!

Reactions: PrincessLittleBear and Diprs2
If it's pullups, I stand up to change
If it's my normal diapers, I typically will either stand up or sit down (which can be harder sometimes)

I always change standing up. I put my diaper in place and hold it there by squeezing my legs together. No wall needed

I always lay down when I change

I change either lying standing or sitting depending where I am. I tend to change standing in public toilets as more hygienic. Practice makes perfect!

I basiclcally don’t have function below my chin so I can’t participate in diaper changes it’s done by my aide in bed so she can manipulate my body to “coperate” in cleaning and changing dressing etc once I am changed she puts me back in my wheelchair positions and safely restrains me till it’s time to do it again . Between wet /messy I am changed about 9 X’s a day .

• Sad
I started laying down putting my diaper on but now stand to put my diaper on now. Far eaiser. Do bottom tapes first then top tapes.

• Thinking
I find it easier to just lean against a wall.. or have a table to lean against or sit on

All good little girls lay down and lay still for a diaper change...even if I'm changing myself. It makes fitting & adjusting my diaper easier versus standing. I get a snug, secure and perfect-fitting diaper everytime. Then upsy-daisy, a quick bottom-pat and I toddle-waddle-crinkle all the day! 🤭🥰

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955, BabyTrina, Diprs2 and 1 other person
I prefer to. I find that I get the best change when on a bed. When I'm just on the floor I feel like it don't get quite the right fit. I can do it standing up if need be.

Reactions: Diprs2 and BobbiSueEllen
I prefer laying down but I can do it sitting and standing up too. There are some safe YouTube vids out there showing the best ways.

Reactions: BabyTrina, Diprs2 and BobbiSueEllen
No but I like to when I can

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
PrincessLittleBear said:
Hi all!

I'm brand new to the world of adult diapers! I have experience with pull-ups (store bought depends and incontrol's felicity pullup), and I am drawn to the cute prints available for diapers.

So, my question is, can you put a diaper on standing up, or do you need to lay down to change? Thanks so much!
I personally only wear tabbed diapers and have to lay down

Reactions: Diprs2 and BobbiSueEllen
I always love lay down changing into a diaper because it reminds me of getting changed as a child.

Reactions: littledub1955, Babybub, Diprs2 and 2 others
I'll either change standing up (preferably against a wall) or when I mess I usually Wipe a couple time and then have a full shower.

I am alway standing up to change and know no other way of achieving a perfect Nappy fit.
One day I will try laying down.

Back