Do you feel living an ABDL lifestyle helps or hinders you?

For me , being a DL it don’t really do anything to help or hinder my life . Diapers bring me pleasure from time to time and provide a certain amount of stress relief .
All and all it’s just something I do and something I wear , like socks.

Reactions: Deleted member 39193 and SebUK97
Doesn't have any effect on everyday life.

Reactions: SebUK97
Wearing diapers for my own pleasure and comfort has always been a mixed blessing. In general, society frowns on adults who wear diapers for personal pleasure/kink. So it's been necessary for me to keep this side of me private from most, especially during my career. Once my life was more steady and secure I was able to let a few ladies in on my desires, but there was always the risk that someone might find out and ruin my life. So that fear or threat always hung over me while in indulged in my little secret world of wearing diapers and rubber pants, wetting myself, making messes in my diapers and in other ways acting out the childish side of me. I'm much more open about it now. My wife, daughter and other close family members know I wear diapers full time now, as well as a few close friends of my wife. Despite the downside, I'e received so much pleasure and comfort in diapers, i feel it's all worth the costs.

ShyBoo81 said:
Good question tbh. This is a weird comparison, but just like with alcohol, moderation is key when it comes to the abdl lifestyle. Theres a thread somewhere on adisc talking about what people do for a living. There are plenty of abdls who also happen to be pretty successful with their career and whatnot. I guess my takeaway from this is to think with a positive mindset, cause its possible to become successful with both sides
I do have a good career which I happy with, I guess that’s not what I meant by successful. I feel other areas of my life are lacking; hobbies, friends, relationships. I’m not good at things like home interiors, gardening, cooking/baking, house repairs. I feel like this is partly because when I’m at home I like to put on a diaper but once I’m in a diaper I don’t really want to do active/ busy tasks, I always end up wanting to snuggle up and watch TV or read or play a video game. Sometimes I think things like ‘I could sort that task I have to do today’ but then think, nah, I’ll wait till tomorrow when I’m not in a diaper. Problem is I live alone so whenever I have a day off work and no plans it’s too easy to just put on a diaper and have a lazy day. Same with plans with friends or taking up hobbies, sometimes if I have a day off the opportunity to just chill at home, diaper up and watch TV is more alluring than arranging to see friends or try a new hobby. Obviously it’s hard to say whether this is solely because of the diapers or if actually I just have an introverted personality type and would feel the same without the diapers, but sometimes I feel like I rely on the diapers for comfort but then they make me less likely to step out of that comfort zone to try new things.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: ShyBoo81 and SebUK97
KaleidoscopeKitty said:
I do have a good career which I happy with, I guess that’s not what I meant by successful. I feel other areas of my life are lacking; hobbies, friends, relationships. I’m not good at things like home interiors, gardening, cooking/baking, house repairs. I feel like this is partly because when I’m at home I like to put on a diaper but once I’m in a diaper I don’t really want to do active/ busy tasks, I always end up wanting to snuggle up and watch TV or read or play a video game. Sometimes I think things like ‘I could sort that task I have to do today’ but then think, nah, I’ll wait till tomorrow when I’m not in a diaper. Problem is I live alone so whenever I have a day off work and no plans it’s too easy to just put on a diaper and have a lazy day. Same with plans with friends or taking up hobbies, sometimes if I have a day off the opportunity to just chill at home, diaper up and watch TV is more alluring than arranging to see friends or try a new hobby. Obviously it’s hard to say whether this is solely because of the diapers or if actually I just have an introverted personality type and would feel the same without the diapers, but sometimes I feel like I rely on the diapers for comfort but then they make me less likely to step out of that comfort zone to try new things.
Maybe strike a balance between wearing diapers and watching tv or playing games, by setting aside a few hours on your day off, to tackle the jobs or other things you need or want to do?

Last edited:
Living an ABDL lifestyle helps a lot reduce anxiety and stress associated with adulthood responsabilities.

BabyTweetyBird said:
Living an ABDL lifestyle helps a lot reduce anxiety and stress associated with adulthood responsabilities.
Yes, it most certainly does, and that has to be a good thing. (y):)

Suppressing the unsupressable urge to wear… Denying the undeniable need …

Those are far worse than surrender and acceptance.

• Love
WandaWondersWaterfall said:
Suppressing the unsupressable urge to wear… Denying the undeniable need …

Agreed, but nowhere near as much fun! :p Just give into the all consuming power of the diaper! :ROFLMAO: (y):)

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 73542
WandaWondersWaterfall said:
😭

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 73542 and SebUK97
SebUK97 said:
Whether you are "AB", "DL", or ABDL do you feel that indulging in the experience "enriches", your life or "complicates" it?
It depends (no pun!). When I have company coming over to visit my property and I have to do a quick cleanup of any ABDL related items, it feels like a complication. My neighborhood is fairly quiet and not full of soliciting. Luckily, more often the ABDL side is an enrichment to an otherwise more ordinary level of existence, especially over bedtime or just lounging out padded over the weekend. 😊

• Love
MetalDan86 said:
It depends (no pun!). When I have company coming over to visit my property and I have to do a quick cleanup of any ABDL related items, it feels like a complication. My neighborhood is fairly quiet and not full of soliciting. Luckily, more often the ABDL side is an enrichment to an otherwise more ordinary level of existence, especially over bedtime or just lounging out padded over the weekend. 😊
So true, we are on the same page. (y) :)

For me, it definitely helps a lot!!! It helps calm me down and it’s fun!!! Tbh I’ve always been childish- it’s just how I am, so I literally can’t stop even if I wanted to. And I don’t think there is anything wrong with that- So what if I like diapers, cartoons, toys and sleep with binkys and stuffies every night? I’m not hurting anyone and it hasn’t kept me from finding the most amazing partner ever 💖💖💖 I love being ABDL

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
binkyybunnyy said:
For me, it definitely helps a lot!!! It helps calm me down and it’s fun!!! Tbh I’ve always been childish- it’s just how I am, so I literally can’t stop even if I wanted to. And I don’t think there is anything wrong with that- So what if I like diapers, cartoons, toys and sleep with binkys and stuffies every night? I’m not hurting anyone and it hasn’t kept me from finding the most amazing partner ever 💖💖💖 I love being ABDL
Fantastic! Carry on being exactly as you are, and congratulations on finding yourself the most amazing partner ever, to share your life with. (y) :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 76595
SebUK97 said:
Fantastic! Carry on being exactly as you are, and congratulations on finding yourself the most amazing partner ever, to share your life with. (y) :)
Aw thank you sooo much!!! 💖💞🌈💕✨🍬🍭

• Love
SebUK97 said:
Don't cry, it's all good. 🫂
Oh, it's just a sign of emotion :sneaky:

DL here and it Definitely enriches my life.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and SebUK97
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and geka
SebUK97 said:
Damien Michael Turner, is no longer with us, he took his own life on Christmas Day 2022! RIP. He was buried on Jan 03 2023. 😢🫂
Sorry to to bring this back up, but after looking up their name, they have a lot of content that's not appropriate. I just don't understand how they tried to go to college for psychology, and yet they never recognized they needed help and what they were doing was a burden to everyone else? I hope somehow maybe their content can be taken down.

I believe people should be allowed to wear diapers for their needs, but we have to maintain a level of respect for ourselves and each other. Public humiliation didn't just hurt this one person, but it makes all of us look bad as a whole community. This person is exactly why I was afraid to accept myself in diapers. People were trying to publish articles about them while they were alive, but at what point is it appropriate to step in and get someone offline and try to get them help before they do what this person did? To imagine the feeling of hurt and pain of the family looking this person up by name and still seeing it all there? No one should celebrate what they did, but use it as a teaching lesson to show that boundaries are needed no matter your comfort, for the respect of everyone. I love wearing for my own needs and comfort, but the level of exposure they did was wrong and is not something I would encourage under any circumstance.

It's late evening when I'm writing this, and as I log off for the night, I hope we remind ourselves of the importance of kindness going both ways. As someone who survived an attempt with minimal damage, the pain of being close to death while unconscious is something I can't forget and wouldn't wish on anyone.
Diapers should not have to slow us down or stop us from doing what we want while trying to listen to our bodies. But we still have to respect each other. I'm looking to start my career, but I'm only going to disclose for accomodations or on paperwork if necessary and try to keep it private.

Back