Do you carry your diapers in the open?

I really didn't read any of the posts here but the way I feel about openly using diapers is that there's nothing shameful about it I know pregnant mother's wear diapers or underwear or a pad and I have told family and friends when you have nothing to hide you have nothing to be embarrassed about and I believe that if a person is making fun of you for the fact that you are wearing diapers they are likely having a problem of there own but are to scared to wear a diaper and I will just keep a diaper on and pay them no mind

I'm one of those people who believes in reasonable discretion. I'm also one of those people who knows, not believes. . . Knows. . . That there are valid reasons to be seen holding a diaper before you go into the bathroom. It can be hard to twist one's body, to either get the bag off the back of his or her wheelchair, or to get a diaper out of it, and leave it on the chair.

If one only has IC, and nothing else visible, people have a harder time claiming, "You don't look disabled," and instead, their minds go, "Oh, it's incontinence."

I would try my absolute darnedest to not make anyone uncomfortable, but, if the day comes I need to change in public, and I either can't have a bag, or it's too hard to get my stuff out of, I'll take it out beforehand, sit, and wait, without a darn thing to be ashamed of.

It just ticks me off when people's minds go directly to, "That's uncalled for," when sometimes, it is called for.

Don't wanna see it? Don't tell us we can't have bags. Unnerved by a disabled person holding a diaper? Maybe it's difficult to negotiate her bag, or maybe he doesn't want to hear, "You don't look disabled."

winterheart01, I'm sure you're, "not exaggerating," but, I can almost guarantee you them having it out in front of you, was about their own disabilities, and wasn't about making you see it, at all. I'm sure it only caught your attention, because you're so many things within the ABDL community, so you can spot a diaper like you're a diaper seeking missile.

I certainly didn't get mad for no reason. In fact, I had a very good reason.

Last edited:
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
I wasn't attacking you, nor anyone else. I was saying that it wasn't disrespectful to carry only what a person needs. What's the obvious? If the obvious is that some people are uncomfortable with diapers, then, yes. It's also obvious that medical equipment doesn't need to be embarrassing, and I made that point. I also made the point that, one way to help people get comfortable, was to get comfortable, ourselves. I'm sorry you felt attacked. Tell me why.

I understand that some people are uncomfortable with diapers. I'm not saying that everyone should carry openly. If it embarrasses you, individually, then don't. It's not that I don't understand that it embarrasses people. I do, but what's to be ashamed of? It's only medical equipment. I also pointed out that the intentions of the people who do take their diapers out beforehand, might have more to do with accommodating their own disabilities, or, it occurs to me now, maybe even fighting the, "You don't look disabled," judgement from people who can't see their right to a disabled stall, because people can see it's IC, even if someone doesn't look disabled, if the person is holding a diaper, than seeking attention, somehow. For the record, it was your automatic jump to, "Anyone who carries openly, is demanding attention, and there can't possibly be another reason," that made me slightly angry.

If me challenging your assumption that the only reason anyone would have a diaper out beforehand, is always, forever, and for no other reason, attention seeking, hurt your feelings, or made you feel attacked, then I'm sorry, and my point is even more made.
When I first started having incontinence problems I just carried a bag with like ten diapers five light weight diapers and five heavy diapers that would work for bed wetting as well as wipes and powder and and ointment extra plastic pants but I should say that nobody will notice that you are wearing a diaper as long as you act like every thing is normal

I have to agree with others when they say that if you don't make a big deal out of it and it seems like it's a normal thing for you to do others won't think nothing much about it other than incontinence or a disability of some sort.
The thought occurred to me when I wrote this thread I was going into the gas station to change and when throwing away my diaper I do try and fold and tape it up so no one has to mess with it. Disposal bags for me would be an extra expense since I only wet my diapers but that maybe a debate for another thread.
As for carrying a bag into certain places I was self conscious about it at first but decided that if they want to see my bag they are more likely to be embarrassed by what they see than I am. Of course most of the time like others this is a non issue as I can wait until I get some place to change home or whatever but there are times either at work or after work when I don't go home directly after that I have to change some place.

Last edited:
Bag for sure. When I was 24/7, I kept extra diapers, wipes, powder, and plastic bags for disposal with me, and carried it almost everywhere with me. I had a lot of insecurities at first but got over them, especially when changing in a gas station/restaurant

A little late to this thread, but I carried a diaper openly just once. I'd like to think it was more for "the experience" than for any personal thrill... It was inspired by a diaper sighting thread somewhere. A person at a rest stop along a busy highway noticed a guy in visibly wet shorts exit from a car while carrying a fresh diaper. I was at a Wal-Mart late one Friday night, wearing my very last pull-up, and bought two bags of Assurance diapers, then immediately drove across the street to a large-ish gas station and entered with diaper in hand. It didn't feel all that strange.

Back then, when I was wearing cheaper diapers and changing on-the-go more often, I would usually load a small opaque shopping bag (possibly from Hot Topic or Spencers) with supplies from my main bag, and it tended to blend into most environments. Today I carry supplies in a backpack and typically just take that with me everywhere, and for the reasons that everyone's mentioned: I like having it all with me. And it's faster than transferring items around.

I think gas stations and fast food restaurants are used to travelers stopping to freshen-up or attend to other personal matters. I've also carried my full bag (then a laptop bag) into large stores with no ill consequences.

I am still working out some changing issues at my current employer, but for everywhere else don't overthink the situation. Get the job done and move on. (I may ultimately take this approach at work, too.)

I dont give a f so i just go with diaper in hand , mostly walmarts! and use the one person washroom!/

I've walked into my gay bar with printed diaper in hand, sat it down in the ledge for drinks while finishing up a game of darts before going to the restroom to get changed and have also stood around with it in hand talking to strangers - no one appeared to notice, LOL. I wasn't nervous or waving it around either yelling "look, I've got a fresh diaper in hand!" but certainly wasn't hiding it.

Slightly related, but others only have the power to embarrass / shame you if you give them that power (are embarrassed / ashamed yourself...) Own it, be confident and don't allow others insecurities to deter you!

I carry in the open. I also exclusively wear baby diapers. I also have kids. So nobody thinks anything of it.

I do have some personal rules. IC just doesn't bother me as much, anymore.

Did this happen because of a legitimate IC episode? If it did, to the disabled stall I'd normally use I go.

If it happened only because I was hypothetically having a discreet Little outing, meaning the only person or 2 who would be able to tell I was Littling would be myself, and my BIG, were he with me, I better be padded up well, because my right to my usual stall is forfeited, because there was a perfectly good, "holding it," day, and I'd know I chose not to.

If I ever were to choose to wet, when it was perfectly safe and possible for me to go in the toilet, I'd be choosing the consequences, i.e., changing at home.

Somebody else might not be having a good, "hold it," day, or, the conditions of even the best disabled bathroom might not be safe for them to use, and they might need it to change in.

Now, if I did have a legitimate IC episode, even when discreetly Littling publicly, I wouldn't care if someone saw me with those new ABU Bunny Hopps,if I could stand plastic backed, because I'd know it was a real accident, not a chance to do that Prince song with the extra T, in public. I'd wear a print, not for that, but because if others can have pretty printed undies, so can IC people.

Not saying don't wear, and/or wet for ABDL's sake. I'm saying I'd choose the cramped regular stall, if I did, and since I can't, because I literally can't fit in there, my consequences would be changing at home.

Last edited:
Yep, backpack. Only 1 time did I have to carry an exposed diaper into a gas station to change. no one noticed. of so I think they didnt.

Most of the time I have my little black knapsack with me. It's actually a legitmate Fisher-Price diaper bag but it doesn't scream that out (if you look carefully, it does have a wipe dispenser on the side and the tabs on the zippers have little icons for pacifiers, bottles, or whatever goes there).

At other times, in winter, I'll just stuff a diaper in my coat pocket. I've gone from the car to a rest stop or the like just carrying the diaper at times. Nobody much pays attention. I did once get a drunk girl as I was carrying into Denny's one morning say "that's a diaper."

Taking the used ones from the stall to the trashcan can be an issue though I tend to just roll them up, but I do carry plastic bags in my diaper bag. There have been times (one local Walmart) that had electric hand driers in the bathrooms and NO trash cans.

FP99427dlxsportydiaperbackpackfastfinderblackd1

I always carry my back pack with diapers and wipes. At work I hang my bag in the bathroom otherwise I always have it with me. Wipes come in handy a lot! Otherwise when I go to dispose of it, I usually just carry it out and throw it in the trash.

Usually have my back pack with me butt I have just carried one in when I have gone to Wal-Mart

Back