Do I Really Need a Toilet?

INTrePid said:
NY Times article

I thought this was an interesting article. It's about a guy hunting for apartments in NYC and he finds the perfect one, but there's just one problem: the bathroom doesn't have a toilet. The apartment has a bathroom with a sink and a large bathtub, but no toilet. The nearest one is in the hallway and shared with all occupants of the floor. The author considers renting the apartment anyway, but ultimately decides
not to the rent the apartment. The lack of a toilet is a dealbreaker.

I personally would love an apartment like this. It would be perfect for someone who wears diapers 24/7. I've even thought of having a home custom built without a toilet in the master bathroom and just have a guest toilet off the main hallway instead. It's kind of fun to imagine a universe where toilets are simply not a standard plumbing fixture in bathrooms.
I don't use mine at all 🚼 ❤️

Sounds like a mashup of apartment and college dorm. I honestly wouldn't mind an arrangement like that if I was living alone. (And yeah. Great excuse for wearing diapers! :)) It doesn't seem all that family-friendly though.

Reactions: mistykitty
I'd imagine a toilet would be beneficial or even required in some situations. What if you need to vomit, for example? A toilet would provide the easiest cleanup (just flush it). Best case scenario, you'd vomit into a sink or a bathtub, in which case you'd probably need to spend at least a few minutes cleaning that up. probably not pleasant.

Back