Do all DL's have some component of AB in them?

Edgewater said:
Well, to be here, you have to be over 18 years old!
Time to ask yourself, what you want to do for the balance of your life!
You have made choices to get to this point.
Gee, let's see...

1 I'm going to be 50 at the end of the year.
2 I want to enjoy my life, and be free to be the real me, not some "vanilla" half-image.
3 Yeah, I married a woman who initially thought my interest in diapers was funny, and that it was a "phase" I'd "grow out of". She has since gone to the absolute far end of the charts as anti-ABDL and considers liking diapers as a step away from being a p(...).

• Sad
Reactions: LittleTyke
Bigbabybret said:
Everyone has some amount of every genre in them to some degree, and that is just how it is, and IMHO anyone that says they dont have any X thing in them ever in thier life is deluding themself and/or restricting thier own self expression.

That sounds excessively general for me. Are you implying I'm a shit-eating pedophile or a incestuous necrophile to some degree?
Sorry, but in that case I prefer deluding myself and/or restricting my own self-expression.

Bigbabybret said:
So, i also HATE that people are so wanting to put themself into some sorta group or define thierself as a certain "type" or association.

I would appreciate if you didn't want to put me into the AB group. :unsure:

Reactions: artemisenterri
LittleTyke said:
Also, I very much disagree with the "all or nothing" approach, with the safeword that instantly ends all the fun. That's no way to act as partners in a close relationship.
That's exactly what I thought, I did not like the 'all or nothing' ultimatum. That didn't sit well with me.
I'm a DL, but I do like wearing onesies and training pants and other things that someone might point to and say "That makes you a certain % of AB. Well, I guess they can habe their opinions. But me personally, I still think I'm DL.
But being open minded and fair, I have not read that book so it's possible, although I think still unlikely.

ElPulpo said:
That sounds excessively general for me. Are you implying I'm a shit-eating pedophile or a incestuous necrophile to some degree?
Sorry, but in that case I prefer deluding myself and/or restricting my own self-expression.

I would appreciate if you didn't want to put me into the AB group. :unsure:
Well, Pedo there are legal definitions of, and a social one.

So, given the legal definition is out there, i leave that to you.

So, skipping the pedo area as everyone will be all up in arms as it is. But the AB example below hold true.

But on AB

Do you even act less than your age ever to even one min in time, or a year under your age, or laugh at a joke that is for kids. Do you like a movie that is meant for kids. Do you ever look in the mirror and think when did you get this old (not thinking your as old as you actually are)
All of the above examples would to some degree be considered being not acting your age. Which is the definition of age play.

Same goes for everything in life.

To actually think that there is ever anything as complex as a human psyche and/or mind that can be 100% definitive in thought is IMHO just denying your own complex being.

Now, none of these say you DO anything outwardly towards its, that is a choice, or that you would ever do something to ever inflict or push anything on anyone.

Having a fleeting thought that another man looks sexy, as a strait identified man doesnt make you gay. But to deny that thought is just denile, and your choice to act upon it is your choice. same as having a childish though to say pull a childish prank, that is you choice to not act upon it, but the fact that the thought is there means that there is thought of things that are not within your age.

being an AB is defferent than having any AB in you.

Everyone has to some degree had thoughts of wanting to harm another at some time or another.
If you act upon it, by definition you'd most likely have commited assult or worse, or murder or whatever.
You have thoughts to harm another, even if that is just to berate them, or wish them bad luck, or curse them. But that doesnt say you act upon them, but you do have the thought.

Bottom line, you are not by your actions an AB, but that is a choice, but there is going to be thought that are in the age play genre and that is by definiton AB...So, you have some AB in you, but you dont act upon it and that is your choice.

Same for anything possible.

Everything that is possible within us(humans or even non-binary aliens :) ), is going to be in the mind/psyche and therefor in you, like it or not, act upon it, or not, deny it or not. It is in the mind.

Only exceptions i can think of is if the concept has never been introduced and/or passed down within the being....and in that case the question would have never been asked, so the point is moot and not within any descussion.

So, if you ask if you are AB or Whatever, the answer is always yes, as you have already thought of the concept therefor it is part of you

So, to bottom line it, by simply even knowing the definition of AB or Pedo, just having that in yourself means you know it therefor it is part of you, good or bad, and it will never go away. Simply seeing a photo makes that photo part of your being, reading the AB forum has made you aware of AB and therefor there is some part of you that is AB.

Beyond the simple fact that by having knowledge of it making it part of you (good or bad, agree with it or hate it doesnt matter) if you have to ask the question am I XXX, the answer is going to be yes, the fact you have have to ask has already answered the question.

Now the real question is wether you are to act upon, about, or with that knowledge and in which way?

Jusy my well past 2 cents...

Last edited:
artemisenterri said:
3 Yeah, I married a woman who initially thought my interest in diapers was funny, and that it was a "phase" I'd "grow out of". She has since gone to the absolute far end of the charts as anti-ABDL and considers liking diapers as a step away from being a p(...).
@artemisenterri
Your marriage sounds a bit like my former marriage, except that my ex-wife never thought that my interest in diapers was funny. I was forbidden to endulge myself in the ABDL world in any way or form. Period.

This was not the only thing that ended up making me totally miserable. There was loads of other negative stuff. Leaving that sorry excuse of a partnership behind was one of the smartest (and hardest) things I've ever done.

Now, I obviously don't know you or your story, and thus it would be unethical of me to shout "divorce!". There might be lots of love between you, and plenty of reasons to stay married. But if you are considering to change your situation dramatically, you have my moral support (for what it's worth).

After I got out of my hellish marriage, and got settled in my new living situation, I discovered that I would rather stay single for the rest of my life, than keep living in a toxic and restrictive relationship. Despite that decision, I am no longer single, but I've found out what an actual loving relationship is all about.

I wish you all the best for your future.

LittleTyke said:
@artemisenterri
Your marriage sounds a bit like my former marriage, except that my ex-wife never thought that my interest in diapers was funny. I was forbidden to endulge myself in the ABDL world in any way or form. Period.

This was not the only thing that ended up making me totally miserable. There was loads of other negative stuff. Leaving that sorry excuse of a partnership behind was one of the smartest (and hardest) things I've ever done.

Now, I obviously don't know you or your story, and thus it would be unethical of me to shout "divorce!". There might be lots of love between you, and plenty of reasons to stay married. But if you are considering to change your situation dramatically, you have my moral support (for what it's worth).

After I got out of my hellish marriage, and got settled in my new living situation, I discovered that I would rather stay single for the rest of my life, than keep living in a toxic and restrictive relationship. Despite that decision, I am no longer single, but I've found out what an actual loving relationship is all about.

I wish you all the best for your future.
There are a few people who know me personally (but not this side of me) who have also told me I need a D, due to mental, emotional, and financial abuse issues...

artemisenterri said:
There are a few people who know me personally (but not this side of me) who have also told me I need a D, due to mental, emotional, and financial abuse issues...
I needed nudges from other people to build the courage to get a divorce. Eight years later, they still occupy a very special place in my heart.

Elros said:
The Author makes the argument that DL's all have some component of AB in them and that no true DL's exist. My partner asked me a list of questions from the book and the result has me questioning my presumption that I am pure DL. At first, I considered the possibility that the author (Joyce Kinnebrew) and I had a different working definition of what an AB is, however, the research on understanding infantilism suggest she may be correct.
So, this self–acclaimed author (whoever she is) says in the introduction to her book, that a husband who wears diapers must be (honest, respectful, and…) obedient to his wife. Then says, as a husband you must read no further into this book under any circumstances. Then in the next paragraph (addressed to the wife) the first thing the author tells the wife that if the husband says he is DL but not AB then he is lying, and really wants to be totally humiliated and treated like a baby.

Sheesh, why does anyone give any credence to such utter trash? Bin it before such manipulative BS completely Fs up any remnant of a positive relationship you have with your significant other.

• Wow
Reactions: LittleTyke and artemisenterri
Is not enjoying wearing and using diapers an AB trait? Therefore, being a DL means you have one AB trait at the minimum: the love of wearing and using diapers, but you have an AB trait. So the the argument that DL's all have some component of AB in them is basically correct. The love of diapers.

• Haha
I identified strictly as a DL until a few years ago, when I very suddenly developed an urge to try using a pacifier. I’m still mostly a DL, but I’m a DL who uses pacifiers, wears onesies and loves printed diapers. I’ve given up trying to assign a weight to my AB and DL sides; instead, I’ve accepted that I’m a person who enjoys certain things, and those things are typically associated with ABDL.

Canuckie said:
Is not enjoying wearing and using diapers an AB trait? Therefore, being a DL means you have one AB trait at the minimum: the love of wearing and using diapers, but you have an AB trait. So the the argument that DL's all have some component of AB in them is basically correct. The love of diapers.
So you're saying that our friends on this site who are IC, but have come to terms with enjoying wearing their diapers are a "smidge" AB? Nah, I don't see that...

That's like saying a man preferring panties instead of men's underwear is a sissy, even if he doesn't dress the whole way or act feminine...

The conclusion: singular titles don't fit a broad spectrum of people. Ta dah lol.

artemisenterri said:
I look at it as games with long drawn-out storylines are way above the mindset of toddlers or babies, sci-fi can either confusing or scary for little kids, and roller coasters are definitely scare for really young kids...

I have zero interest in drinking from bottles or sippy cups, playing with baby toys, wearing baby-style clothing, and definitely no interest whatsoever in watching anything made for babies...
lol love sf, love story games like fable but also love dummy bottle im middle

BrandonLittlebun said:
This is a bit of a common question, but one so misunderstood, because there are so many people that are on both sides of the field.

AB: Adult baby - Enjoys acting like a baby, May potentially use diapers. Littlespace, babyspace, etc.
DL: Diaper lover - Has a special interest and focus of diapers. May potentially NOT act like a baby, but enjoys diapers outside of littlespace
ABDL: Adult baby diaper lover - Enjoys acting like baby, Has a special interest in diapers.
TB: Teen Baby - A younger aged AB commonly 16-20
Babyfur - A little who enjoys acting like a baby animal. May potentially use diapers, littlespace, babyspace, etc.
Diaperfur - A Furry who enjoys and has a special interest in diapers
CG: Caregiver: one who takes care of littles or middles in an age dynamic.

To answer the question, that DL's may want to get a change but not be babied during it, may not want to enjoy a bottle etc. They may potentially just enjoy a diaper as an interest in ONLY diapers, but not every DL is like this. Some are a blend (hence AB/DL) Just as @LittleTyke says above, it is critical not to limit thinking, as it is not a special club of "You on this side and you on that side" We are trying to be together not to segregate. What I can say with confidence is knowing the different types can help you understand and be respectful to the community in a meet.

For example, a DL walks up to you, your not going to toss them a toy and expect them to toss it back, but if you are a AB, and they are an AB, there may be a mutual (of course respectful and planned) understanding of generally how to treat each other. In plain english, we can understand littlespace of each other and how to react and what to say. A DL may wear a diaper and may be totally in adult headspace, where a baby bunny like me (AB/BF) will be unable to think straight and become a babbly mess as soon as I am padded up where I cant do anything but whimper nonverbally and be adorable!

Hope it helps!
-Bunny snug!
im tb cool

Bigbabybret said:
Yes, i get needing a term like AB meaning something in general to all people that read it.

But what is see all the time is people asking things if the are ab, or dl or whatever.

The answer is YES to all the above, especially if you have to ask.

But, what they seem to want is to define thier own self by the term of say being an AB.

Asking, "I like pretending im 5yo, am i an AB" the answer is frankly YES as everyone has some bit of ABness in them.

But to ask that is, from what i thnk, to pigeonhole thier own self into being an AB and then to do the AB things they see/hear and then live by that esoteric set of random posts as to what an AB is. They then say they have a hard time "Using a bottle" or dont like something, and ask why is that, and does that make me not an AB...where the answer there is NO.

This IMHO is just not needed, there is no right or wrong way to express your own self, no one gender, no one AB, no one DL, no one SUB, no one TOP, no one religion, or one version of anything in life.

You do you!

There is no need to be in some "Club" where you are to do X thing to be that way, that is some form of abuse either self imposed or externally enforced.

Everyone has some amount of every genre in them to some degree, and that is just how it is, and IMHO anyone that says they dont have any X thing in them ever in thier life is deluding themself and/or restricting thier own self expression.

Sorry for the aside
Just my 2 cents
u hit the nail on head tbh i love ur posts

Reactions: Bigbabybret
I’m 100% with no AB tendencies. Plain white diapers with plastic backing. Maybe an occasional pack of pink ones. That’s it. I’m pretty simple.

I imagine there are plenty of people who are a mixture of both but don't lean heavily into the Baby/Little aspect but I don't think all DLs have AB aspects.

Personally I'm mainly DL but I do have some tendencies that are considered AB/Little in nature and even many of the AB aesthetic aspects such as some of the clothing and diapers are things I prefer in the long run but I definitely don't lean into being baby-ish myself.

Considering this is a spectrum, most likely not, there are some that would find the diapee non sexual

Back