DIY diaper scent strips

itslittled

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So after a long while I was finally able to buy Little Kings in Mexico and try out the scent strips ABU sells, I always wondered what that scent was like but now I know. It reminds me a lot of a scent used on Toilet paper, like a very nice floral, sweet and fresh aroma, very pleasant, but not too strong which is nice.

But searching in the forum to try and make scent strips myself or an air freshner, I found people swore by a couple of essential oils with a baby powder scent very similar to what pampers were supposed to smell like, but unfortunately the links are dead.

Could anyone help me out to find the product they were talking about, or if anyone has personally tried an oil or something, with that exact smell, can you show us what you use? Thank you :)

Reactions: DorianLogan and KrazyJoe67
Amazon has Scent Bomb Baby Powder in a spray oil that I use. I spray it on an index card and seal it with 2-4 diapers in a 2 gallon zipper bag.

…and I had a bit of a moment when I misread that as “smells like used toilet paper”…

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: KrazyJoe67, theancientmariner and DPLuvAB
blaincorrous said:
Amazon has Scent Bomb Baby Powder in a spray oil that I use. I spray it on an index card and seal it with 2-4 diapers in a 2 gallon zipper bag.

…and I had a bit of a moment when I misread that as “smells like used toilet paper”…
Have you tried ABU scent strips, how does it compare to those?

Maybe I should rephrase that bit there 😅

itslittled said:
Have you tried ABU scent strips, how does it compare to those?

Maybe I should rephrase that bit there 😅
I have not tried ABU strips, so the suggested spray probably won’t smell quite the way you want, but it does a good job of triggering MY senses.

I’ve played with a melon peach scent by Blunt Power, too, in the search for a signature scent for my wife’s diapers. It was pleasantly candy like without being overly sweet. (Side note: I did tell her I was doing that on purpose. I don’t want to be accused of subliminal conditioning if she wakes up one day to a honeydew and peach smoothie and suddenly asks for a diapering.)

However, I want to be more intentional about my scenting and will next be trying an amaretto scent. Not usually found on diapers, but I just love the smell of warm almonds in general.

blaincorrous said:
…..However, I want to be more intentional about my scenting and will next be trying an amaretto scent. Not usually found on diapers, but I just love the smell of warm almonds in general.
Ah, Amarretto, I used to love that stuff. Put a couple shots in a black cup of coffee and you’ve got a drink that’ll keep you awake as you’re slowly getting loaded. But between the coffee and the Amarretto it’s not going to improve the smell of your urine unless you drink a lot of water to dilute it.🤧

Zeke said:
Ah, Amarretto, I used to love that stuff. Put a couple shots in a black cup of coffee and you’ve got a drink that’ll keep you awake as you’re slowly getting loaded. But between the coffee and the Amarretto it’s not going to improve the smell of your urine unless you drink a lot of water to dilute it.🤧
Not getting into scenting so much for odor blocking as for triggering relaxation. I don’t see any point to that unless you neutralize the odor.

And if I want to change how my pee smells, I COULD drink a lot of water… or I can do one of my favorite tweaks and drink a bunch of coconut water. …why, I DO like PEEña coladas, why do you ask?…

Take the scented strip to a local lab for a technical breakdown diagnostic. Just know to not reproduce the results or you can be sued for copyright XD

itslittled said:
So after a long while I was finally able to buy Little Kings in Mexico and try out the scent strips ABU sells, I always wondered what that scent was like but now I know. It reminds me a lot of a scent used on Toilet paper, like a very nice floral, sweet and fresh aroma, very pleasant, but not too strong which is nice.

But searching in the forum to try and make scent strips myself or an air freshner, I found people swore by a couple of essential oils with a baby powder scent very similar to what pampers were supposed to smell like, but unfortunately the links are dead.

Could anyone help me out to find the product they were talking about, or if anyone has personally tried an oil or something, with that exact smell, can you show us what you use? Thank you :)
You can try making your own blend using essential oils such as Baby Powder. Amazon sells lots of brands. I like the Barnhouse brand which can be ordered from Amazon, or directly from Barnhouse. For the fresh, and unused toilet paper sent try green tea. They are only about six dollars each so buy a few and experiment. You can also apply a drop directly to the padding in a diaper and let it dry instead of using the scent strip. I have no idea how those essential oils smell versus the ABU scent strips as I’ve never tried them.

Dalmatian said:
You can try making your own blend using essential oils such as Baby Powder. Amazon sells lots of brands. I like the Barnhouse brand which can be ordered from Amazon, or directly from Barnhouse. For the fresh, and unused toilet paper sent try green tea. They are only about six dollars each so buy a few and experiment. You can also apply a drop directly to the padding in a diaper and let it dry instead of using the scent strip. I have no idea how those essential oils smell versus the ABU scent strips as I’ve never tried them.
I do caution against getting the oil directly on your diapers. Some of these oils have been documented to cause bubbling in some type of paint (especially latex, no surprise there) and to cause damage to some car interiors. There are materials, structures, and inks (esp. vivid external prints like Critter Caboose) in diapers that will degrade in oil, and many ABDL manufactures call this out to prevent (or, more likely, to disclaim) damage.

There's also a risk that there's unsafe chemicals added to these products if their origin country doesn't seem to care, and exposing your most sensitive skin to these directly can be hazardous. And to be clear, I'm not a "Chemicals BAD!!!" kind of worrywort. So if I'm raising a concern, it's from a place of informed caution. For example, I know bergamot oil is a noteworthy skin irritant, especially if you're mixing it in high concentrations. So, please be sure I see an actual risk from a known-unknown. Those who have expressed to me in the past that they trust my judgement, I'd put that trust up as collateral. My method of spraying a piece of paper appears to be a good tradeoff for these risks.

I don't know how pre-scented diapers approach this. They may use an oil, but it would be something that's been tested thoroughly.

Back