Did your parents make you wear diapers after 100% potty trained

EagleBoy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
When you where a kid and there was a full pack of diapers after you were 100% fully potty trained both day and night did your mom and dad make you wear the diapers until they were all gone?

Reactions: Diprs2 and Jr2012
"Until they were gone" is probably way too specific for people to remember.

I know I was double diapered on a trip one time, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't wearing anything to bed normally. At least not wearing a tape on diaper vs a pull up.

Reactions: Diprs2
Sorry. forgot to add in. Did you have to use them to?

Disposable diapers, weren’t a thing when I was a kid in diapers. I wore cloth diapers and plastic pants till mom said, you’re going to be potty trained! About 2 1/2, 3 ish, at night. When mom said I was done with diapers, I saw my beloved diapers, used as dust cloths and window rags 😕 So, there were no “packs” of leftover diapers in our house back then.

Reactions: Diaperboy27, Lyric, Diprs2 and 1 other person
EagleBoy said:
Sorry. forgot to add in. Did you have to use them to?
Have to, no. But, I know I did a few times at least.

I either wanted to or was told to take my diapers off myself in the morning though of this particular trip.

Reactions: Diaperboy27, Diprs2 and disabledinconben
When sick or n long trips yes... Until I was probably 5 or so. I remember is to some extent. I remember telling my mom I needed to go and her simply saying to relax and be quiet... I also remember fully using that diaper and wishing I could do that more often 😂

Reactions: Diaperboy27, Pamper8824, LiddleBigBoy and 1 other person
My mom kept my diapers for a while and once threatened to put me back into them. I was four years old at the time.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edsel
I was potty trained at a very young age, before I was 2 and I never wore pull ups or anything even when I occasionally wet the bed. But if my parents had made me wear them I would have not been sad lol I wanted to wear them

Reactions: Diaperboy27, Diprs2 and Luvshugs
I remember my mom making me wear Goodnites for weeks after I stopped wetting. I’d take my dry one off and wear it for a few nights until it was worn out or wet. Once I was dry, I had to “wear out my last pack” and if I wet one night, I’d have to wear one for around two weeks until I was allowed out of my diapers

Reactions: Diaperboy27, LiddleBigBoy and Diprs2
Nope, I went straight to wearing underwear.

Reactions: Diaperboy27 and Diprs2
I was a bedwetter till late teens about 16 , i was asked to wear just in case till i was 17 so i still continued to wear diapers after i was dry just in case for about 1 year before i completely did not have to wear after . I also had to wear them for traveling 24/7 even after i was dry because of not only for convenience but back then i tend to wet when asleep so my mom had me wear just in case

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy, Diprs2, Rezzu and 3 others
Seems like this could be done in poll format to generate some data/charts?

To my recollection I went to underwear. But would reportedly take my security blankie and stuff it in my underwear. So I would use the white cotton blankie with satin edging as a diaper on my own. Mom said I just kept doing this and she didn’t stop it. Why would I have done that at 2 or 3? It must have felt good or offered me comfort?

Talk about a good trigger for a DL in the making. I still have this blankie :)

Reactions: Diprs2 and eastcoastdl24
I actually got into nappies from pretty much ever since I can remember things. We had leftover nappies from after I was trained and I would wake up in the morning before everyone else and put one on.

I finally stopped wetting my bed when I was 17 so I didn't have to wear diapers at night, but I did miss my mom pinning my diapers on before bedtime. My mom saved my old diapers and rubber pants so when I came home for holidays during my college years, I got to wear my old diapers to bed.

Reactions: Blekyss and Diprs2
I was never put into them after being fully trained . I was off to Pre K /nursery school right after training and my mom was big on being trained if your going to go to school/group gatherings. There was a box of Toddler Pampers in my closet on the top shelf. They were essentially left overs, they were the purple box ones , crinkly all white 70s Pampers. I would sometimes look in the box and smell the aroma of them and feel the plastic . I was too afraid to put one on thinking mom would find out. They sat there I guess for just in case emergency. They ended up never being used as I really had no true accidents there after. They actually would fetch a good price on Ebay if I still them Im sure. My friend on the block was always put into diapers when he was home sick in bed, years after being trained. His mom didnt want him getting up too much to go to the bathroom Im guessing.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Subtlerustle
After I was potty trained , diapers were used as a punishment, if I misbehaved for the babysitter I would be put in diapers, if I acted out and disobeyed my parents I would be put in diapers, at the time I hated it but once that form of punishment ended I missed it.

This situation might have been a reality for me. I remember my mother telling me that they will be my last diapers and that I can chose which night I want to wear them so they can last as long as I wished. Being a 6 years old at the time, I decided to have one every night until the end though. However I don’t clearly remember if I was fully trained at the time—obviously I would be very soon after, else she would have continued buying diapers. If only I kept one to this day!

Reactions: Pamper8824 and Diprs2
Because of my disabilities growing up I wasn't potty trained during the day until I was almost 6 but I was a bedwetter until 14 or 15 so I had to continue to wear diapers and pullups at night. I didn't have to wear them until I ran out of them but I to keep them for just incase I started to wet my bed again or we went on trips and had to stay in a hotel or with family and I had to wear them at the hotel or at our family's house

Reactions: Diprs2, Wetshisbed and nezquic66
cannaboy88 said:
After I was potty trained , diapers were used as a punishment, if I misbehaved for the babysitter I would be put in diapers, if I acted out and disobeyed my parents I would be put in diapers, at the time I hated it but once that form of punishment ended I missed it.
Your parents were actually reinforcing and rewarding your misbehavior. You say you hated it, but at some level you must have enjoyed the diapers because you missed them.

Babybear2006 said:
Because of my disabilities growing up I wasn't potty trained during the day until I was almost 6 but I was a bedwetter until 14 or 15 so I had to continue to wear diapers and pullups at night. I didn't have to wear them until I ran out of them but I to keep them for just incase I started to wet my bed again or we went on trips and had to stay in a hotel or with family and I had to wear them at the hotel or at our family's house
Babybear2006 said:
My folks would make me wear a nappy on long car trips and when sleeping away from home because I was a bedwetter.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Babybear2006
Back