Status
Not open for further replies.

ggreggy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Ill be heading to my second sleep study in the hospital tonight. this time
Code:
to check out and calibrate my cpap. Due to having soaked the bed last time, i have been instructed to wear a diaper tonight. thanks to discussions here with all of you i wont have a problem with them seeing me in diapers ( i think). wish me luck.

Yeah, good luck! Do you have a particular diaper you think of wearing?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Let us know how it goes. When I had mine, I wasn’t having a problem with wetting in my sleep so I didn’t wear. For some reason, it’s always a bit frightening/exciting to have to wear in a medical context.

So how did it go?

it went real well. since last time i had a lot of touble getting calmed down and sleep, the nurse running the study complemented me on how well i slept this time, and said "you didnt even wake up to go to the toilet!" you will be proud of me not being shy, i said, "well that is easy when im wearing a diaper" and showed the top of it. she smiled and said "i saw that you wet last time, that is why thereare pads under the sheet. i guess you didnt need them." i snickered and said "nope maybe next time"
i have an appointment with the doc next week for the Rx for the cpap and have him suggest the settings? or what ever needs to be done-- Im new at this.

I sleep a lot deeper while on my CPAP. I've heard it said that one may tend to wet the bed easier because they were in a deeper sleep. I must have strong bladder muscles because I never wet in my sleep. I do sometimes wake up in the middle of the night if I have to pee and if I'm diapered, I just go. It will be interesting to see how you do. The mask can be uncomfortable. I usually don't have a problem with it but sometimes I wake at three or four in the morning and I'll just take it off and go back to sleep.

Even with a catheter in place at the hospital I found I was still leaking small amounts of pee and blood. It was just enough to wet my gown to need a change- and diaper. I knew what they would have would be bad, and they didn't disappoint, but it was enough to catch the leaks.

Sleep on the other hand was difficult at best. Between the pain and being checked on every couple of hours, my sleep was broken at best. On the funny side, I often use meditation to calm things down for me. Every time I'd hit the zone my monitor would sound off and the alarm for apnea would come up- while I was awake. lol.

ps. I know I do not have apnea. I have a large lung volume (about 3250ml, where normal is 2000ml) so my breathing is much slower than normal. It confuses the machines easily.

thanks guys for the help. and i hope you get feeling better, slomo. I will let you know if the wetting gets more or less, or stays the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back