Diapers as a gag gift.

Bp220

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I’ve got a good friend turning 40 this weekend and there’s a surprise party. I was thinking about buying some diapers as a gag gift for being “over the hill” just not sure if I should give him some cheap pull-ups from Walmart or something more premium or just not at all.

Reactions: littledreamers333
Rearz has some good ones, found on Amazon and Rearz.ca

BabyAbbyAdultTrish said:
Rearz has some good ones, found on Amazon and Rearz.ca
Yeah but they will most likely get thrown away I can assume. So I really don’t want to be out a lot of money either.

Sigsagor, diaper cover,

On average they are about $15 each

How about these bb1009_jpg.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: TigerDL, dogboy, GatoChihuahua and 2 others
Ok, I admit it, done this before, several times.
1 I’ve learned that presentation is most effective when I don’t label the gift.
2 quality of the gift is important, get a good product don’t skimp.
They are more likely to get used and not kicked to the curb with the trash, besides everyone has parents and grand parents that might really need them.
3 wrap the gift with more than one layer, the inner layer should be a nursery/baby shower type paper.
You can even use nursery wall paper print, also the anticipation of the crowd grows as the layers peel off.
4 most important step, Don’t , Don't, Don’t say a word suggesting they open their presents.
Just not labeling the “gift” is not enough, you need to look as shocked as everyone else in the room when it’s opened.
5 purchase a second gift, a real gift that’s not related to anything AB/DL, spend at least as much if not more on the second gift, and make sure to wrap it totally different(put it in a gift bag). People look at the folds in the wrapping.
You don’t want to give your self away.
and last
6 never,never,never admit that it was your gift.
I’ve a few friends that still blame each other for my pranks.

• Haha
Reactions: DLRyan, jcwilliams343, aydensboy and 11 others
I have never bought them but have seen them on line. They are available from lots of places including amazon. Just google emergency plastic pants.

• Haha
Reactions: GatoChihuahua
Idk, 40 is hardly over the hill. Personally I feel adult diapers would be a premature gag gift. But if you insist then you should go with a supermarket/drugstore brand and not something that would be too costly. No doubt they will be tossed.

Last edited:
A little off topic, but I remember a few days after I first told my wife about my love of diapers (and her freaking out), we had a 40th birthday party to go to for a friend. Things were still a little weird between us because it was so fresh, but we had to pretend all was well. Anyways, when our friend opened his gifts, somebody had given him a pack of depends. Of course the whole room starts laughing, but not my wife. She gave me a dirty look from across the room as if to say “everybody sees diapers as a joke except you”. That was awkward.

• Wow
Reactions: TigerDL, dogboy and Lumos
Honestly, every time I've seen or heard of diapers as a gag gift, it's been embarrassing and totally taken the wrong way from what the giver intended. Then again, I usually hear about people doing this at an office party where a certain level of decorum is expected, you don't know people as well as you think, and for people older than 40. One perspective on the gag is that it's ageist, even if 40 isn't that old. Even if they laugh, I'm not sure a person who feels hurt by this would speak up and ruin the mood.

I'd tread carefully and I assume you know your audience well enough to know how this will be received. I could be dead wrong, but I'm always happy to be that once voice urging caution.

blaincorrous said:
tread carefully
Indeed. But, speaking of treading carefully, zip-up slippers convey the same age-old old-age joke and it's guaranteed that they'll actually wear them 😉

• Haha
Reactions: GatoChihuahua and blaincorrous
ade said:
Indeed. But, speaking of treading carefully, zip-up slippers convey the same age-old old-age joke and it's guaranteed that they'll actually wear them 😉
Sold! I’m getting a pair of those for me for my 39th birthday, and for every 39th birthday thereafter.

• Haha
Reactions: TigerDL, GatoChihuahua and ade
I agree, you have to know your target (audience).
one thing to note, I haven’t considered gag gifting diapers since my accident (ending back in diapers).
this is something I need to put some thought into.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first purchase of adult diapers was under the guise of a gag gift. At the checkout I told the teller they were a gag gift for my dads birthday when in fact they were for my kink😏

I once got a pack of ATNs from Goodwill that had a small corner of wrapping paper stuck to it with scotch tape. I guess someone didn't like their gift and donated it. I found it interesting as they aren't something you can walk into just any store and get, I would think that you would be more likely to find that on depends or some cheap store brand.

When I was in high school someone gave adult diapers as a gift for the white elephant at a class Christmas party. For those that don't know, gag gifts are very popular in that game, and everyone was talking about the diapers as being the funniest gift that was given that day.

All I could think about for the next few days was how much I wished I could have been there and gotten the diapers. I'm not sure how I would have reacted, but I know I was not a very good actor and I might not have been able to hide my excitement. Safe to say that it was probably for the best that I did not get them.

A while back I bought a book called "the joy of bedwetting" by Forrest Grant, and was thinking that it would be a very funny gag present to give If I ever do another work white elephant. Might not be a good idea though, because I would be worried that my coworkers might get even a tiny bit weirded out that I had bought or already owned that book.

Bp220 said:
I’ve got a good friend turning 40 this weekend and there’s a surprise party. I was thinking about buying some diapers as a gag gift for being “over the hill” just not sure if I should give him some cheap pull-ups from Walmart or something more premium or just not at all.
If they do not wear diapers, you will be wasting every penny you spend on anything cheaper than the cheapest. Also, if it appears you spent quality money on diapers, it might suggest it wasn't a "gag gift" since if it is something only to illicit a laugh, spending $50 on premium adult diapers doesn't seem to be suggesting a gag, in my opinion

I actually did this once recently. Had a good friend with a 40th (I'm older than him so it felt less judgmental). Like someone said above, you have to know and gauge your audience. But I figured I couldn't just go plain white store brand and so I went for it and gifted him a sample pack of two ABU BareBums. I was initially worried that it would bring into question why a diaper with such print existed in that size but in the end, it was the joke of the night and we all had a good laugh. I might have found it entertaining that only my wife and I knew I was wearing that very same print at the same time. At the end of the party, I thanked him for being a good sport about it and told him that I would be happy to take them and donate them to someone who could use them instead of them getting tossed in a landfill. He actually said "Sure, or keep them since you will need them before me" and I just laughed.

• Haha
Reactions: TigerDL
Back