diaper vent

Bigt84015

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
EDIT: sorry but I posted this in diaper talk the first time and didn't mean too. Administration feel free to delete the first one if you feel it doesn't go there. i'm sorry

so I am dealing with a lot of stress over my supply of diapers. I normally get Megamax and Crinkels from Northshore. I recently been trying to get my auto shipment schedule worked out. well I am totally out of diapers and my parents took me to the local healthcare store to get some diapers to hold me over for a few days. anyway this was Thursday, so i went down for a nap when i get back caues I get fatigue caues of CP and a few hours later I was woken up soaked. i was so upset. Still have acceptances issues with bedwetting and bowl IC. I just don't get y there so bad? any way I decided to see about getting diapers through insurance since there where good to work with when I went to buy my diapers. yeah i just said how bad they where but I was going to try subsidiesing my normal Northshore order with the them to stretch a few more days out of my premiere diapers. So I called and my doc had a new script written and faxed it over and I was glad I didn't need to go in and get a appointment to get a new script. Im thinking they are kind of used to me, my disability & seeing my diapers when I get a exam/check-up. trying to figure out is that a good thing or a bad thing? anyway I called back to the healthcare place and the guy who answered did everything but help me to get my supplies. I was kinda cool with it tell later when a lady called me back and got me set up in less then 5-minutes. then im like y was the first dude a duchbag.

so if any one can reply and help with a few questions. does anyone else go through there insurance to get diapers and are they any good??
do u swich back and fourth between hight Quality brands and the insurance brands? can you haggle to get like tena on tranquility somthing halfway good?
whenever I get a new script I feel weird cause my ABDL side is like 'I'm still in diapers, woohoo!!' but my other side is all 'your pathic your 40 and still need to be put in diapers'. like the doctor just put a rubber stamp on my forehead 'HANDYCAPED'. has anyone dealt with this dicodame of feelings? please respond need input

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2 and GatoChihuahua
U said u had cp cerebral palsy? How bad is yours? Mine is mild on my left side ☹ and im pretty sure i have ibs -c but havent been diagnosed yet .

Really annoys me to get my stuff through insurance. And to have to pay for anything quality out of my own money i could be saving but im on disability yet i work.
So i kinda can relate i have to rush to bathroom most times i make it with having to number 2 i wear in case i dont but stress incontinence sucks

I don't have any disabilitys apart from dyslexia and incontinence so I'm no help to you there but I do know what it's like to run out of supplies. It is not fun and is incredibly distressing. I really hope you get on top of this and get the help you need.

Reactions: Diprs2, GatoChihuahua, Bigt84015 and 1 other person
furry121 said:
U said u had cp cerebral palsy? How bad is yours? Mine is mild on my left side ☹ and im pretty sure i have ibs -c but havent been diagnosed yet .

Really annoys me to get my stuff through insurance. And to have to pay for anything quality out of my own money i could be saving but im on disability yet i work.
So i kinda can relate i have to rush to bathroom most times i make it with having to number 2 i wear in case i dont but stress incontinence sucks
Just saw this. Not blown u off will reply back tomorrow to sleepy to think

So I am going to try to break this up in few parts.

Me personally if I can find some quality but considered cheaper diapers I do occasionally use them at home to save for better diapers. So like I look at mainly craigslist and last month I got 2 cases of Tena Super they aren't a bad diaper but not a night time diaper for me unless in a pinch with a booster.

As for insurance the most common is State Medicaid with is state and govt funded (it's not really a free program someone is paying for it) as for what they pay for depends on state but most only provide cheaper medical diapers usually under $1 per diaper like prevail, some attends & tena, usually brands used in hospitals and healthcare facilities, most states have their guidelines which some can be found online. But some also go by price per diaper by case and per size so say max $0.55 Med, $0.65 Lg .. The thing is most quality diapers usually run around $1.30 per diaper (when broke down from a case price) I personally think it's best to talk to that company see what they pay for but there is no haggling you get only what they provide which alot of the time is junk but you could even use them during day and better ones at nights, but will say for those that truly in need though I may not agree something is better than nothing a begger can't be choosie (not calling you a begger it's just a term) also do know the state usually get a cheaper price because their buying so many it's like it's normally cheaper to buy a case vs a bag well their buying per pallet if not more so they get a price lower than msrp so you may get Tena Classic which say avg is $60 msrp their paying alot less. Also most have max counts depending on orders and needs. Even though not the best it's still better than some countries. Also many special needs parents use these daily.

Honestly depends on the level of your incontinence not many really require Mega-Max or an abdl diaper all the time, when I first became paralyzed the top of the line was Molicare and if lucky maybe Abena that's it and many managed ic pretty well, ya you may change more but you may want to switch something little bit lower priced diaper so a Med Megamax is $2.87 per diaper but you go with something like Molicare Slip Maxi is like $1.67, NS Supreme Med is $1.88, Seni Quarto think $1.40, Abena M4 $1.42 and if you get on auto ship program most saves 5% off the order which drops price per diaper even more but at minimum your saving $40-60 per case right there compared to a MM. The Mega-Max is considered a night time diaper and at one point a thought process was having daytime and nighttime diapers. Say a case is 60 that's 2 months supply for night maybe 1.5 if used for special occasions.

So me personally I use daily NS Supreme I do also keep a case of boosters around and for most times that combination works great I do usually keep another case of a higher absorbency for rare times changing maybe difficult(normally case last couple months) but honestly unless your on a diuretic and even than most incont people don't need don't need a megamax or abdl extreme absorbency diaper 24/7. I am paralyzed and have neurogenic bladder and bowels and on diuretics (water pills makes you pee more). Like I mentioned for day time at home I usually try to find a higher quality diaper off craigslist and usually have good success but not guaranteed.

I do understand the feeling weird part being disabled I see my docs more often than I would like but I wouldn't read into it, your docs just knows you and your needs. So like I needed a refill of certain meds other day and my doc was like I sent this one as well because you will probably needed it soon. Honestly I appreciate them thinking ahead. As for suppliers they are people aswell and we all have bad days but some people do just suck. Few weeks ago my wheelchair supplier was being a dink and I was firm direct but not disrespectful I did also request to speak to a supervisor and got parts I needed but sometimes people just make things harder than they need to be I wish it could be easier but you can't control them or how they act but don't stoop to their level it sounds like it worked out I would write the person that was helpful name down so next time call and speak to her directly.

I am not an an abdl & I am not going to bs you and say I understand it but does sound like even though ic gets you down or depressed which is sort of normal alot of people have periods they feel depressed having to to wear and use diapers. So like.me personally 98% of time I am good(I do hate wearing them but sort of accepted them) but say I am out and have a leak I feel completely stupid or have had times getting dressed I feel depressed having to put it on but do know even though it sucks they allow me to live my life and I can have somewhat normal life. Again I am not an abdl but sounds like you use abdl diapers to cope but right now you need to look at bigger picture or from a budget stand point and though not something I would do I do know a few special needs parents that used stickers and they put them on their kids diapers so they have prints but age appropriate ones still cheaper somif you need a printed diaper to cope try stickers or like NS supreme you can get them in solid colors.

If I come across disrespectful that isn't my point or personal me personally I don't get the abdl side of things I do try to be accepting but for me diapers aren't enjoyable it's a need that midigate a problem. I hope this helps.

ParaRomeo said:
So I am going to try to break this up in few parts.

Me personally if I can find some quality but considered cheaper diapers I do occasionally use them at home to save for better diapers. So like I look at mainly craigslist and last month I got 2 cases of Tena Super they aren't a bad diaper but not a night time diaper for me unless in a pinch with a booster.

As for insurance the most common is State Medicaid with is state and govt funded (it's not really a free program someone is paying for it) as for what they pay for depends on state but most only provide cheaper medical diapers usually under $1 per diaper like prevail, some attends & tena, usually brands used in hospitals and healthcare facilities, most states have their guidelines which some can be found online. But some also go by price per diaper by case and per size so say max $0.55 Med, $0.65 Lg .. The thing is most quality diapers usually run around $1.30 per diaper (when broke down from a case price) I personally think it's best to talk to that company see what they pay for but there is no haggling you get only what they provide which alot of the time is junk but you could even use them during day and better ones at nights, but will say for those that truly in need though I may not agree something is better than nothing a begger can't be choosie (not calling you a begger it's just a term) also do know the state usually get a cheaper price because their buying so many it's like it's normally cheaper to buy a case vs a bag well their buying per pallet if not more so they get a price lower than msrp so you may get Tena Classic which say avg is $60 msrp their paying alot less. Also most have max counts depending on orders and needs. Even though not the best it's still better than some countries. Also many special needs parents use these daily.

Honestly depends on the level of your incontinence not many really require Mega-Max or an abdl diaper all the time, when I first became paralyzed the top of the line was Molicare and if lucky maybe Abena that's it and many managed ic pretty well, ya you may change more but you may want to switch something little bit lower priced diaper so a Med Megamax is $2.87 per diaper but you go with something like Molicare Slip Maxi is like $1.67, NS Supreme Med is $1.88, Seni Quarto think $1.40, Abena M4 $1.42 and if you get on auto ship program most saves 5% off the order which drops price per diaper even more but at minimum your saving $40-60 per case right there compared to a MM. The Mega-Max is considered a night time diaper and at one point a thought process was having daytime and nighttime diapers. Say a case is 60 that's 2 months supply for night maybe 1.5 if used for special occasions.

So me personally I use daily NS Supreme I do also keep a case of boosters around and for most times that combination works great I do usually keep another case of a higher absorbency for rare times changing maybe difficult(normally case last couple months) but honestly unless your on a diuretic and even than most incont people don't need don't need a megamax or abdl extreme absorbency diaper 24/7. I am paralyzed and have neurogenic bladder and bowels and on diuretics (water pills makes you pee more). Like I mentioned for day time at home I usually try to find a higher quality diaper off craigslist and usually have good success but not guaranteed.

I do understand the feeling weird part being disabled I see my docs more often than I would like but I wouldn't read into it, your docs just knows you and your needs. So like I needed a refill of certain meds other day and my doc was like I sent this one as well because you will probably needed it soon. Honestly I appreciate them thinking ahead. As for suppliers they are people aswell and we all have bad days but some people do just suck. Few weeks ago my wheelchair supplier was being a dink and I was firm direct but not disrespectful I did also request to speak to a supervisor and got parts I needed but sometimes people just make things harder than they need to be I wish it could be easier but you can't control them or how they act but don't stoop to their level it sounds like it worked out I would write the person that was helpful name down so next time call and speak to her directly.

I am not an an abdl & I am not going to bs you and say I understand it but does sound like even though ic gets you down or depressed which is sort of normal alot of people have periods they feel depressed having to to wear and use diapers. So like.me personally 98% of time I am good(I do hate wearing them but sort of accepted them) but say I am out and have a leak I feel completely stupid or have had times getting dressed I feel depressed having to put it on but do know even though it sucks they allow me to live my life and I can have somewhat normal life. Again I am not an abdl but sounds like you use abdl diapers to cope but right now you need to look at bigger picture or from a budget stand point and though not something I would do I do know a few special needs parents that used stickers and they put them on their kids diapers so they have prints but age appropriate ones still cheaper somif you need a printed diaper to cope try stickers or like NS supreme you can get them in solid colors.

If I come across disrespectful that isn't my point or personal me personally I don't get the abdl side of things I do try to be accepting but for me diapers aren't enjoyable it's a need that midigate a problem. I hope this helps.
no it's good you where not disrespectful at all

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and ParaRomeo
You're not the only one who's CP screams, "I. . . Am not. . . A baby," and then your AB side says, "For anyone I don't trust, but I in here, and I fragile."

You're not pathetic. You have CP, I have CP, my future husband, also 40, and the best human since Jesus, has CP. Having it makes us poster people for neurogenic bladder and bowel. I think the static is in the 90 something percent range of the CP population has some form of bathroom muscle dysfunction. Too bad people forget to tell us.

If there's one thing we do very well, it's keep up the appearance that we can do everything, and if we can't, at least we've got it handled. We do not like weakness at all! If your doctor, social worker, teacher, boss, whomever, finds out you're weak, there are human warehouses they will put us in, and that's drilled into us, practically from birth! Yep, I get it.

I'm scared someone with just a touch too much power will see that sometimes, I'm so tired of holding up the world, I shrug, too. Seriously, I'm thinking about telling my future husband to make sure all the exterior doors are locked, and we know no one who would assume us mentally deficient is around, before I even think of Littling. I understand. It's scary, and yeah, it feels like being ripped into.

It's not just you. Literally everyone with CP I know, at the very least, leaks, and everyone I know with a Little side and CP together, is afraid of the same stuff. It feels like the song Surface Pressure.

Reactions: Diprs2
What is neurogenic? I too have cp. Doctor told me it wouldnt get worse as i age.
Does anyone get pain in their hands im 34.
They said i didnt have arthritis. Had blood test done .

Sometimes i have to rush to bathroom sometimes its not too often i didnt make it bowel urgent need to go ... idk why it sometimes feels like i dont feel emptied out even tho ill have a full bm .

When i eat cold ice cream or drink really cold stuff ill get brain freeze but also a shooting pain down my spine.

Mind u i have cp mild form on left side. Yet also was born 1lb half at birth at 24weeks was on oxygen.

furry121 said:
What is neurogenic? I too have cp. Doctor told me it wouldnt get worse as i age.
Does anyone get pain in their hands im 34.
They said i didnt have arthritis. Had blood test done .

Sometimes i have to rush to bathroom sometimes its not too often i didnt make it bowel urgent need to go ... idk why it sometimes feels like i dont feel emptied out even tho ill have a full bm .

When i eat cold ice cream or drink really cold stuff ill get brain freeze but also a shooting pain down my spine.

Mind u i have cp mild form on left side. Yet also was born 1lb half at birth at 24weeks was on oxygen.
Neuro
relating to nerves or the nervous system

Genic
formed from

In the case of CP, "You're bathroom muscles don't work normally because your brain is damaged."

My step-dad is mild, too. And? I don't mean to be sparky. Let me try putting it this way. I had a childhood friend who was effected on one side. What made her wet her bed, sometimes, when being asleep actually calms my bladder? Sleep made her too relaxed. She couldn't hold back unless she was awake. My bladder is jumpy, unless acted upon by the chemical that prevents sleepwalking. My step-dad still has neurogenic bladder and bowel. He was one of the few who's mom was told he had it, and wouldn't be able to control either one. He can. He still leaks. It's still there. I'll never go away and now that he can, his kidneys are a bit damaged. CP isn't a disease. It's a birth brain injury. No 2 of us are injured the exact same way.

Being mild doesn't keep your bladder and bowels from being annoying pains in the butt. You can't see them misbehaving. It doesn't mean they aren't. It doesn't mean that when they misbehave, it's your fault.

The milder CP is, the more likely one is to treat it like it isn't there at all, and the more likely one is to do things that because the CP is there, ware the body out faster. Name a time when your body hasn't had CP, when your joints haven't been pulled on by it. It's constant. That constant effect of course arthritis happens.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Diprs2 and furry121
@Bigt84015 I’m going through a lot of the same things you are going through. What really helped me is to listen to your intuition and body.

I did not want to admit that it was my CP that caused my neurogenic bladder because that means that there is no treatment. I tried doing a test that would show me my bladder spasming in real time. It was unsuccessful but I realized deep down, this is something I’m going to have to deal with the rest of my life.

@SpAzpieSweeTot is right. She gave me so much information that fit my symptoms but I just tried to ignore it or rationalize it away (e,g. I’m special because I have athetoid CP and those who are incontinent are just “weaker than me”, all I need to do is try harder and it will go away).

I don’t use insurance but Amazon has high-quality pull-ups that are reasonably priced.

If it makes you feel any better, my period of full continence only lasted 22 years. I’m actually kind of jealous you made it to 40 without having to wear a completely different kind of underwear.

I’m sorry I couldn’t speak to insurance but hopefully this helps you somewha.

Anonymous said:
@Bigt84015 I’m going through a lot of the same things you are going through. What really helped me is to listen to your intuition and body.

I did not want to admit that it was my CP that caused my neurogenic bladder because that means that there is no treatment. I tried doing a test that would show me my bladder spasming in real time. It was unsuccessful but I realized deep down, this is something I’m going to have to deal with the rest of my life.

@SpAzpieSweeTot is right. She gave me so much information that fit my symptoms but I just tried to ignore it or rationalize it away (e,g. I’m special because I have athetoid CP and those who are incontinent are just “weaker than me”, all I need to do is try harder and it will go away).

I don’t use insurance but Amazon has high-quality pull-ups that are reasonably priced.

If it makes you feel any better, my period of full continence only lasted 22 years. I’m actually kind of jealous you made it to 40 without having to wear a completely different kind of underwear.

I’m sorry I couldn’t speak to insurance but hopefully this helps you somewha.
I have a bit of athetosis, too. Just a touch, mixed into my spastic form. You see it in my outstretched fingers, but I swear my bathroom muscles carry most of it.

Weird, my first boyfriend, when I was like 9, was athetoid, and couldn't feed, dress, or toilet himself, nor could he speak, or avoid drooling. Some foods had to be soft. He was also brilliant.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Neuro
relating to nerves or the nervous system

Genic
formed from

In the case of CP, "You're bathroom muscles don't work normally because your brain is damaged."

My step-dad is mild, too. And? I don't mean to be sparky. Let me try putting it this way. I had a childhood friend who was effected on one side. What made her wet her bed, sometimes, when being asleep actually calms my bladder? Sleep made her too relaxed. She couldn't hold back unless she was awake. My bladder is jumpy, unless acted upon by the chemical that prevents sleepwalking. My step-dad still has neurogenic bladder and bowel. He was one of the few who's mom was told he had it, and wouldn't be able to control either one. He can. He still leaks. It's still there. I'll never go away and now that he can, his kidneys are a bit damaged. CP isn't a disease. It's a birth brain injury. No 2 of us are injured the exact same way.

Being mild doesn't keep your bladder and bowels from being annoying pains in the butt. You can't see them misbehaving. It doesn't mean they aren't. It doesn't mean that when they misbehave, it's your fault.

The milder CP is, the more likely one is to treat it like it isn't there at all, and the more likely one is to do things that because the CP is there, ware the body out faster. Name a time when your body hasn't had CP, when your joints haven't been pulled on by it. It's constant. That constant effect of course arthritis happens.
But im 34 i shouldnt develop arthritis yet ☹😐🤔

furry121 said:
But im 34 i shouldnt develop arthritis yet ☹😐🤔
My sister is your age and has had arthritis for years. Since it's your hands, though, your tendons may just need to move. Mine hurt like hell ih I hold my tablet still too long.

Doc 'CP is not progressive ' me 'BS doc'. In a way I know what you're saying about not being in a warehouse but I also would like to be in a group home where I can ask for help. Now I am at home and if I asked for help with personal care I'd end up with a broken jaw. I think it would be nice to get help changing my diaper if I needed cream or something like that put on. Now I just have to go around with a sore ass for a few days if I get any rashes. Like you say gotta pass for normal at any cost. Also would like someone to hold me when I'm depressed. Sorry ppl sometimes a 3sec hug doesn't do the trick. I know no-one would even do that but I'm just complaining about stuff for a min thanks for listening

Bigt84015 said:
Doc 'CP is not progressive ' me 'BS doc'. In a way I know what you're saying about not being in a warehouse but I also would like to be in a group home where I can ask for help. Now I am at home and if I asked for help with personal care I'd end up with a broken jaw. I think it would be nice to get help changing my diaper if I needed cream or something like that put on. Now I just have to go around with a sore ass for a few days if I get any rashes. Like you say gotta pass for normal at any cost. Also would like someone to hold me when I'm depressed. Sorry ppl sometimes a 3sec hug doesn't do the trick. I know no-one would even do that but I'm just complaining about stuff for a min thanks for listening
Why u being abused? There is a hotline u can call whst state are u in?

i dont think that it abused if my parents don't want to change me bro. it's mainly because there convinced my IC is just part of my kink

Last edited:
Bigt84015 said:
i dont think that it abused if my parents don't want to change me bro. it's mainly because there convinced my IC is just part of my kink
You were talking about a broken jaw, which sure would have been abuse. No, you most likely had neurogenic bladder before your kink, like 90 something percent of the CP population, and as usual, parents too damn stupid to figure that out.

Well if i said that they would have a cow would you guys have the same concern for my house being full of livestock. 😆 but I can see my choices of metaphors was bad I'm very sorry for any inconvenience/concern/or confiuesion I caused

Back