Diaper Sizes and Waistlines

What is your Actual (measured) Waistline? Not pants size.

• 22" and below

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 23"-26"

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • 27"-30"

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • 31"-34"

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • 35"-38"

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • 39"-42"

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • 43"-46"

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • 47"-50"

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • 51"-54"

• 55"-58"

• 58"- and above

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Llayden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Over the years I have seen many threads by people wondering what they can fit into and a few posts of people wearing children's products. The upcoming re-introduction of a "Small" size by ABU has me wondering what kind of waistlines (measured not pants size) we have as a community.

I thought I would create this poll to kind of get a visual of what our community makeup is. I am curious to see in the comments if people are fitting into products that they are outside the advertised size range, or having problems fitting into a product that they are in the size range for. I know that everybody's body makeup is unique and there is much more than waistline to consider when fitting a product, but I was still curious.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are my stats:

5'10"
37" Waist
Wear 36-38 pants (they're a bit loose for comfort and concealment)
Fit medium sized diapers.

Even though my waistline is at the upper end of most Medium scales, and the recommendation is to always go a size higher, I absolutely swim in Large sizes. I find that they are huge on my body and leave large leg gaps at times. Mediums fit me much better, albeit a bit snug at times. I have yet to find a brand that I fit Larges better than Mediums. The holiday's are the worst part of the year for fitting as well. I tend to gain a few pounds during the cold season but drop them rapidly come spring.

Waist size does not tell the whole story. knowing the front to back length is also important in my experience. And for some reason, companies are lax to provide this information. I am thin but tall. I cannot fit into most mediums, but it is not for lack of waist measurement. Most mediums are about 30" long. Attends w/waistband for exampe are 33" , a big difference. Also, total padding surface area is also important. Not all diapers bring the padding close to the waistline. A few I know of are Northshore, Molicare super plus and Better Dry.

One rule of thumb I've found (applies with everything but Dry 24/7 in my experience): Take the largest hip/waist size the manufacturer specifies, and subtract 6". If your actual measured waist (not pants size; I wear a 33 or 34 in jeans, but my measured waist is about 39") is less than that, it should fit. If not it'll be way too tight if it fits at all.

The -6 theory is interesting. From my experience, it seems to be accurate. I have a 39" waist also, but I am tall (6'4"). I've used mediums in everything except the North Shore Supreme which I got a large in. As it turned out, they were a bit too big. I'm close to the upper size for an Abena M4 and am wondering if I shouldn't get the L4 next time. I need to look to see if I'm within 6 " of the upper range for the M4.

My stats...
Height 6'2"
Chest 48"
Waist 36"
Hips 42"
Top of Thighs 27"
I lift weights, so I look slim. I wear 36" jeans, or 38" slacks that must be tailored in at the waist
Size Large in every diaper I buy, otherwise the bottom tapes won't fit
To be honest, I find it interesting how most guys wear Medium and not Large, especially as I don't look that big.

I am in the same boat. large fits better for the 3 brands I use. Northshore, Molicare Super Plus and Better dry.
The waist tapes do come close together, about 3-1/2" apart. Still, I like all that high waist padding.

For me the M4s barely fit (beyond snug), and I swim in the L4s. Pity, as Abenas are readily available locally. I'm also fairly tall (6'2").

I have a 31" waist and usually wear medium sized diapers, though for some manufacturers mediums are too large for me (e.g. Dry 24-7).

i am big bloke. Have 47 inch waist. I wear large normally. Have worn XL for ABU diapers.

My measured waist size is 33", and I wear 32" pants. I can cram into an Abena S4 (small), although its a bit tight. There's no way I'll fit into the new small ABUs, which sucks because the mediums (at least in the premium line) are almost too big for me.

I am a 26" waist and it is so hard to find a diaper that fits.

Goodnites fit my perfectly, but can't hold a full wetting. I have tried s/m in the "Certainty" brand by Walgreens, but those are still too big. And when I say too big, I mean that they don't fit snug enough to provide a seal, so even when the diaper is nowhere near full, I leak every time. The Certainty adjustable waist diapers fit better, but they are still a pull-on diaper with adjustable tabs. They don't always hold a full wetting and it is very difficult to get and maintain a seal around my legs when moving at all.

I feel like there is enough of a smaller ABDL crowd to make it profitable for manufacturers to make diapers that fit us. Plus, I have trouble even finding non-ABDL diapers that fit and have enough absorbency for even a single wetting. I know that there are a significant number of teens and small framed adults who are incontinent, so it frustrates me how difficult this is to find.

42" waist, 36" pant size. Not even confidry mediums properly fit me (though I can easily squeeze into them), so I wear larges & have a good fit that seldom leaks.

Small 20-31 inch waists
Molicare Super Plus
iD Slip PE (plastic backed) Briefs
Here's 2 companies that make a small size

photogirl said:
I am a 26" waist and it is so hard to find a diaper that fits.

Goodnites fit my perfectly, but can't hold a full wetting. I have tried s/m in the "Certainty" brand by Walgreens, but those are still too big. And when I say too big, I mean that they don't fit snug enough to provide a seal, so even when the diaper is nowhere near full, I leak every time. The Certainty adjustable waist diapers fit better, but they are still a pull-on diaper with adjustable tabs. They don't always hold a full wetting and it is very difficult to get and maintain a seal around my legs when moving at all.

I feel like there is enough of a smaller ABDL crowd to make it profitable for manufacturers to make diapers that fit us. Plus, I have trouble even finding non-ABDL diapers that fit and have enough absorbency for even a single wetting. I know that there are a significant number of teens and small framed adults who are incontinent, so it frustrates me how difficult this is to find.

Well, you shouldn't have to wait long, since the new small ABU diapers will be out this month. You'd be right in the middle of the size range for those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back