Diaper free time.

limelynx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hi all, I am wondering if there is anyone here that gets a little diaper free time everyday to avoid getting diaper rash? I am prone to getting diaper rash, as I wear 24/7. I have had some pretty bad rashes, and do not like them. I do use butt paste or desitin, but If I don't let stuff (air out) everyday, I can get a rash quickly.

Reactions: PatrickDL, Dry247, Neroforte and 3 others
Not incontinence myself but I do doit bare butt. Lol and by the way it's a good Idea to get those cheeks some fresh air.

Reactions: Diprs2
I generally will wake up, take off my wet overnight diaper, and dry out for a bit before changing into my daytime diaper. Some days I don't have the time for it, but whenever I do I take the opportunity to.

Reactions: Constantlydamp, Diprs2 and BigAl2
I take air out time too. In the morning after i take off my night diaper. I'll try to go on the toilet. To be sure my bladder is empty. Then i take my air time. Untill had a something to drink. About a 1/2 hour after i had a drink. I'll put on my diaper. I will sit on a chux to be safe.

Reactions: Babynie, Constantlydamp, Diprs2 and 1 other person
I air out after a shower each morning before getting dressed. On good days with little/no IBS-d I get by with a male guard with underwear, so that helps.

BigAl1 said:
I take air out time too. In the morning after i take off my night diaper. I'll try to go on the toilet. To be sure my bladder is empty. Then i take my air time. Untill had a something to drink. About a 1/2 hour after i had a drink. I'll put on my diaper. I will sit on a chux to be safe.
Chux?

limelynx said:
'Chux' is a term for protective pads you'd put on a chair, bed, or any other surface. Something like this.

eastcoastdl said:
'Chux' is a term for protective pads you'd put on a chair, bed, or any other surface. Something like this.
Ok, I use those too. The ones I use are washable.

Last edited:
I am not 24/7 so i do not have much problems with rashes, but in the summer time this may happen.

I do use a Foley or condom catheter for one or two days to get rid of it and the next days i do use cotton feel products.

Reactions: Constantlydamp and Diprs2
I usually air out after my evening shower. I just sit on a pad in my arm chair

Reactions: Constantlydamp and Diprs2
i sometimes just relax and sit on an open one to air out and not have it fully on but still ready if needed

Reactions: Babynie and Diprs2
Due to my dual ic I wear 24/7, generally cloth prefolds or contours, but when the logistics of cloth are prohibitive, Abenas or InControl 4 tape briefs. Changing my cloth diapers in the shower once a day is my policy, and except for periods when I may be experiencing rash or see the symptoms developing, I’m rarely bare to the air other than the few minutes right after toweling off after the cleanup shower. If I notice a rash coming on, or if I have one I’ll try to get a bit more tushie to air time to promote my skin health. It’s a bit risky for me to go without a diaper so I choose the time that I’m going to be wearing just my birthday suit carefully. I try to insure that I’m not expecting any further “deliveries” that need to be contained while I’m sans butt wrapper.

I have my little guy go around pant less every night before bed for atleast half an hour.

It's good for his skin down there.

We live in a hot country, so it's a must rather than a choice.

I find not using plastic backed (my preference) 24/7 helps. I found a very good non-plastic backed tabbed diaper (Incontrol air) and it’s perfect for day time use. Unlike most “cloth” backed diapers, they have very minimal stretch, and the tabs can be refastened tonnes of times (and they hold like crazy glue).

I only air out if I feel a rash developing which is rare.

I seem to always have a rash I think , not so much itchy just in between my legs on my legs its always red... like my skin got use to it, so after a shower I'll just lay on my bed for a while or stand in front of a fan in the summer , but usually after 10 min I'll put desitin on and then if I'm home a loose cloth back diaper so it can air out more, my go to diaper is a megamax

I am on medication that regulates me , it makes things soft large and frequent so I can get tons of air time , my aide can either diaper me or if no plans and just hanging out in bed she can use a urethral and rectal cath to collect my waste . Being a quad I don’t feel the need to go or being catheterized . My G/F is on bed rest currently being she has feeling and will mess with catheters she’s being sedated . Not having feeling or control sometimes is a blessing . According to my doctors we should aim for equal amounts of diaper and air time daily , everybody’s body and tolerances are different ( my G/F is prone to rashes and skin breakdown very easily )

Yes, taking some air time currently, got a bit of a rash gong, so i'll put on some goop tonight and mayeb get some air tim tomorrow.

I just have an asorbant pad, and it's washable, usually put a towel on top too, but goto the bathroom like every 1/2 hour and not much of a mess if any, depending on my water intake.

Also, i find there is a correlation to not drinking enough water and geting a rash, the urine/acid is more concentrated and think it's easier to get a rash...

Bigbabybret said:
Yes, taking some air time currently, got a bit of a rash gong, so i'll put on some goop tonight and mayeb get some air tim tomorrow.

I just have an asorbant pad, and it's washable, usually put a towel on top too, but goto the bathroom like every 1/2 hour and not much of a mess if any, depending on my water intake.

Also, i find there is a correlation to not drinking enough water and geting a rash, the urine/acid is more concentrated and think it's easier to get a rash...
Same holds true for morning diapers ,change ASAP because it’s got super concentrated urine/acid .

Tetra said:
Same holds true for morning diapers ,change ASAP because it’s got super concentrated urine/acid .
I forget about that one, I have little or any of the normal sleep cycles...so for me I may get up at 3am or 3pm or 10am, sorta depends on the old body and how angry it is. Overall I seem to void about the same no matter the time of day and dont notice the normal concentrated urine from the night.

My PCA's are pretty good about the issues, especially when there is something like a fall or long car rides(body no like).

Back