diaper disposal

faeria

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
i’m not sure if a diaper genie would work for adult diapers the same it does for children’s and i don’t fancy wasting money trying to figure it out. i know they make adult diaper disposal bins that i’m interested in purchasing. right now i just have little scented diaper bags i put them into but my current trash bin doesn’t even have a lid so the smell is still a bit strong. i’m curious as to know how you guys dispose of your diapers at home and in public if you change while you’re out and about.

🍼🧸thanks~^^🌷✨

Reactions: Labrador
You might get others opinions but I've tried a couple adult diaper pails and they price for what you get isn't worth it at all.
I just put them in a garbage bin with odor eliminating "scented" bags and take them to my outside bin few times a week. It's the cheapest option

Reactions: faeria
Im lucky i have big comunal bins and they stink but i put mine in a bag and put them in them after im done with them xxx

SparkyDog said:
You might get others opinions but I've tried a couple adult diaper pails and they price for what you get isn't worth it at all.
I just put them in a garbage bin with odor eliminating "scented" bags and take them to my outside bin few times a week. It's the cheapest option
i’ve been having to dispose of them a few times a week too which i don’t mind especially because it prevents buildup but it would be nice if i only needed to do it weekly when i do the rest of my trash. i’m not even sure how i would dispose of my diapers in a public setting so i either just don’t wet myself while i’m out or i wet myself while i’m out and i just stay in a wet diaper until i get back home.

With a trash bag, these steel round cans seal in the smell just fine - have one (similar make) on each floor of the house.

Amazon Basics Round Cylindrical Trash Can With Soft-Close Foot Pedal, 30 Liter/7.9 Gallon, Brushed Stainless Steel https://a.co/d/cF7hYUo

I haven’t been doing this a year yet, but so far, plastic bags seem to work ok. I only wet, so smell isn’t as bad as otherwise. During the cooler months an open top pail lined with a plastic trash bag works ok. Since our house is cool enough that the amp is doesn’t get too bad. Once summer came, the amonia smell became a bit more noticeable. Still not too obvious but too close to comfort. So…
I started to nab dog poop bags from the park on my walks, and use them to dispose of my wet diapers. Once tied off the smell is minimal, and putting the scented baby wipes I use to wash up in the dog bag makes the bag smell like baby wipes instead of diaper.
I don’t mind, I like the texture and color of the plastic trash bags.
That said, I am very minimalistic with my diaper use: I buy drugstore diapers and don’t get into any kind of as-built ABDL stiff. So perhaps mine isn’t the best course of action.

Last edited:
I Use HIPPO SAK Diaper Disposal Bags and an Adult Diaper Pail.Screen Shot 2023-07-10 at 11.42.23 AM.png

Reactions: CptKirk and faeria
I use Bos bags to bag up each diaper, and then I have a trash can with a lid in my bathroom. I used to have neither, no bags nor covered trash can, and at that time I timed my usage so it was when the trash was nearly full and I took it out that day or the day after. Now I have more flexibility, a few days to even a week. If I sniff closely with the lid open after it's been like a week, I can smell a bit of the stink (depending how wet I used it too), but it doesn't get too bad until more days later.

I like the regular trash can with lid compared to an adult diaper pail because it is more discreet, I can keep it as my bathroom trash can when guests are over and it doesn't draw any suspicion. I think the diaper pails have added features of double lids to block more odors and some have flexible bag sizes so you can dispose of them whenever and not feel like you're wasting a trash bag. I think my added layer of the Bos bag, any plastic disposal bag, compensates for the lack of a 2nd lid in terms of odor blocking, although a 2nd lid with these plastic bags might block even more odor. And if I did have a diaper pail, since they're larger to be able to fit adult-sized diapers, it would be harder for me to be able to hide, which is why I need the hidden-in-plain-sight option.

Back