Depend returning to plastic backed

Status
Not open for further replies.
miapeters said:
Are these anything close to confidry 24/7? Since I moved to confidry I've minimized leaks in the night and it seems much better at containing bowel accidents. Just curious about how these fair...

these are more for 4 hours unless you put boosters in them, Incontal's percentage is accurate.

quattrus said:
I'd even say that's an optimistic estimate :p

Depends on the fit, too big then definitely no

Can you complain to PAMPERS too!!!!

Sure just don't tell them you were using it as a liner , "my kid drank two bottles of Pedialyte, and your diapers pedia all over my couch"

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Tetra said:
Sure just don't tell them you were using it as a liner , "my kid drank two bottles of Pedialyte, and your diapers pedia all over my couch"

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

LMAO thats awesome:laugh:

A friend linked this thread to me and I have to say I am very happy about this, I too had complained formally to them when they had discontinued the plastic backed version and put a few hundred miles on my car driving around to buy up all the old versions I could find, Rite Aid pharmacy's had them on sale and thought this would be a life time buy if you will, I had been wearing these since the mid 1990's and was the only cheap product that would not slide down or fall apart and clump up, There cloth like product caused me all kinds of problems and had switched to the plastic attends but here I can only get them online and the shipping costs are insane. Wal-Mart stores here had carried there 4 tap product for a little while and just stopped stocking them. I do hope they restock the plastic versions.
I may be new to this forum but I could not remember if I had posted here or not, I am very happy they responded to all the complaints

INCONTAL said:
I would say 4 depends = 1 dry 24/7

That migh be overstating the old depends capabilities. One confidry will last me 10+ hours, one old depend will not last two hours. The ratio should be closer to 5 or 6 = 1, and this is just for total capacity before leaking.

Depends is also not able to contain even one full bladder release like with urge incontinence. Confidry can easily handle two full floodings.

Well that depends on who's bladder we would be talking about, I can if I want to flood a depend and it takes it all, but I have a small bladder, my threshold for discomfort is about 200-250ml and after that I kinda just vent off the over pressure if you will if I can't directly get to a bathroom, but that's just me, I don't have normal bladder capacity, I had to have a doctor stuff a camera up there to tell me something I already knew lol

I'm hoping others follow suit. I use to like assurance when they were plastic years ago, but now they are just a pad with stretchy sides.

Except for not being as sticky in the summer, I never really understood the reasoning for cloth covered diapers.

I read somewhere that the Australian Depend Briefs are much better than the US/UK ones? Can anyone confirm whether there is any truth to this or am I just wasting my money?

DracoAmericanus said:
Well that depends on who's bladder we would be talking about, I can if I want to flood a depend and it takes it all, but I have a small bladder, my threshold for discomfort is about 200-250ml and after that I kinda just vent off the over pressure if you will if I can't directly get to a bathroom, but that's just me, I don't have normal bladder capacity, I had to have a doctor stuff a camera up there to tell me something I already knew lol

That would be the average 200 pound adult with a typical bladder capacity of around 350-400 ml.

But like I said, the old depends could not take one full wetting. In your case, sure they can probably take your one small flooding just fine. I'd bet not two small floodings though.

Still, if this is what their new plastic diapers are like then it's still a step better than the cloth like disposables they currently have.

Slomo said:
That would be the average 200 pound adult with a typical bladder capacity of around 350-400 ml.

But like I said, the old depends could not take one full wetting. In your case, sure they can probably take your one small flooding just fine. I'd bet not two small floodings though.

Still, if this is what their new plastic diapers are like then it's still a step better than the cloth like disposables they currently have.

Slomo,
The first generation Green backed Depends were really awesome. However not to a X-Plus L-4 or a Dry 24-7 but I can tell you during High school and College in the 80-early 90's I went thru 3-4 a day and one overnight and that is with my addiction to Mountain Dew too . I did not wear the standard ones I wore the Overnight absorbency ones . I would be lost without them that is for sure. They were the best fitting and most comfortable adult diaper ever made I would say. Loved the form fitting elastics that made a near perfect water tight seal .
I agree the second generation plastic depends fitted briefs the so called max protection ones were a utter joke I had to go to attends for a while I hated that perfume smell they had, anyone around you knew you were wearing a diaper just from the smell of the diaper alone let alone the crinkle factor also.
How I wish they would go retro , that is wishful thinking on my part ya know.

xpluswearer said:
Slomo,
The first generation Green backed Depends were really awesome. However not to a X-Plus L-4 or a Dry 24-7 but I can tell you during High school and College in the 80-early 90's I went thru 3-4 a day and one overnight and that is with my addiction to Mountain Dew too . I did not wear the standard ones I wore the Overnight absorbency ones . I would be lost without them that is for sure. They were the best fitting and most comfortable adult diaper ever made I would say. Loved the form fitting elastics that made a near perfect water tight seal .
I agree the second generation plastic depends fitted briefs the so called max protection ones were a utter joke I had to go to attends for a while I hated that perfume smell they had, anyone around you knew you were wearing a diaper just from the smell of the diaper alone let alone the crinkle factor also.
How I wish they would go retro , that is wishful thinking on my part ya know.

I absutely agree. The original first generation depends were awesome. They were my go to diaper as well, and you could pick them up in most any store too.

I actually blame inflation for depends, molicare, abena, and most any brand that got cheapened up over time. As prices rose these manufacturers decided to cut a corner here or there in order to keep their product's cost the same and keep customers. Over time those cut corners really subtracted from their quality and they lost even more customers. Oh well, too bad for them, but I do wonder if depends has learned this yet.

Slomo said:
I absutely agree. The original first generation depends were awesome. They were my go to diaper as well, and you could pick them up in most any store too.

I actually blame inflation for depends, molicare, abena, and most any brand that got cheapened up over time. As prices rose these manufacturers decided to cut a corner here or there in order to keep their product's cost the same and keep customers. Over time those cut corners really subtracted from their quality and they lost even more customers. Oh well, too bad for them, but I do wonder if depends has learned this yet.
Yep and someones zeal for a Promotion id say "lets cheapen the product so we can make more $$$" KC says sure here is your new corner office thank you ! LOL Sounds like the Appliance makers I overheard at Detroit Metro airport execs from whirlpool saying we cheapened the motors and the materials to fail more often so customers will buy more appliances ! I was shocked how brazen they were to brag out in the public especially at a international airport where a competitor could be overhearing this or a customer of theirs !

the one thing I liked the best about the plastic depends is defiantly the fit, I don't use all 6 tapes though, I only use the top two of each side, they had a run of bad quality tapes for a little bit but that is sometimes just with lot variations, one thing I had also always liked is after the glue in tapes have set they make a very satisfying rip sound then have the plastic tear away under the tape, always loved that with depends, not good if you wanted to take it off and put it back on but if I rip the tapes it's usually wet anyway.
the diapers from when I was a child where all like that, That said though with the elastic waist band that depends had I could slide them down like you would with underwear. The new cloth like ones do that on there own :(

I'm really curious about where those poise briefs I've seen photos from way back when are from, some of those looked pretty serious.

DracoAmericanus said:
the one thing I liked the best about the plastic depends is defiantly the fit, I don't use all 6 tapes though, I only use the top two of each side, they had a run of bad quality tapes for a little bit but that is sometimes just with lot variations, one thing I had also always liked is after the glue in tapes have set they make a very satisfying rip sound then have the plastic tear away under the tape, always loved that with depends, not good if you wanted to take it off and put it back on but if I rip the tapes it's usually wet anyway.
the diapers from when I was a child where all like that, That said though with the elastic waist band that depends had I could slide them down like you would with underwear. The new cloth like ones do that on there own :(

When did you get here ? Hows Miami ? I know you from Yahoo chats

I think I have been a member here before but could not remember any of my account info, but I am from Michigan, wish I was in Miami.
What name did you use in yahoo chats? I have used draco t dragon on yahoo chat and Draco Americanus just about every other place, I have not been very active over the last number of years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back