Dear AB/DL Lurkers - Here is what we want you to know

I can concur after being a lurker for a bit. I made my account back in September of this year but I recently started to interact more and more and it was the best decision I had made all year. For all the lurkers, I encourage you to make an account and see what it's like to be a member. We're such a warming and loving community and we all would be lucky to have anyone new join our community! 🤗 🤗 🤗

Reactions: cakdl, nectar0001, Sealander and 1 other person
I was a lurker until recently joining, not because of an insecurities but because I wasn’t sure exactly how active I’d be on a forum based platform. I used to be on forum sites all the time back in the 2010s, but now a days not so much. There’s so much activity here that it feels like there is plenty to talk about all over the place. :p

I hope that potential lurkers also feel inclined to make an account and join in full! So far it has been an absolutely wonderful experience for me here. <3

Reactions: Woncrinklz
I had seen adisc for a while but wasn't able to make an account. Now I am here I really like it

Reactions: Sealander
yeah, i finally made an account after lurking for ages. might as well contribute

I need to get that book

Reactions: Stefie
I have been in and out of ADISC for years when searching ABDL questions before. I made this account a few months ago and then forgot about it. Got an email reminding me about it so I thought I'd try something new. Hopefully I don't fade away after a week or so.

• Sad
huggiesthick said:
We have but one goal with this thread, to share collective tips and support for those thinking of joining this community.

I’ll start, I had not joined ADISC for many years. Since shortly after it went public. Now that I’ve joined, only about a week ago, I have to say that I’m extremely impressed with the welcoming respect, caring, and sharing I’m experiencing. It’s also very obvious that my privacy is maintained and I need not fear being exposed. There are many settings that you can make to ensure this.

Since I’ve joined here are a few things I’ve learned from this fine community that I am now a part of:

1. There are typically double the visitors as members online at any point. That’s a lot of visitors. We all need to here from, learn from, and support each other. We all want to feel like we’re connected in some way. While I received good information in my many years of lurking, only since I’ve joined have I felt like I can contribute and maybe help a few other folks accept themselves or offer advice that might really help someone on their journey. It’s very cool and we treat each other very well.
2. I learned about a book that came out this year written by Rhonda Lipscomb, PhD., called You’re Not Broken - Strong Self Worth for AB/DLs. I just received the softcover book today from Amazon and I’m actively reading it. I am blown away by what I’m reading and learning. Please get this book, join ADISC, and let’s talk about it. We need to hear your thoughts and we need your input!
3. You’re not alone. In Libscomb’s book Chapter 1 I read that it is estimated that perhaps, “…we have over 330,000 AB/DL individuals in the United States and millions worldwide.”. Please join ADISC so we can connect and expand our network and be able to share with each other on an even wider scale.

Lurker sounds so .....devilish.:unsure: Is that what it's called when viewing a site on and off? (Older person talking here):giggle:
It sounds negative, almost insulting, that's all. To actually "Lurk" means some kind of possible nefarious activity before the nefarious outcome in my head.:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::oops:

Lurker is a small monster from Diablo 2

• Haha
Reactions: Woncrinklz and LaLoneDigi
Woncrinklz said:
Lurker sounds so .....devilish.:unsure: Is that what it's called when viewing a site on and off? (Older person talking here):giggle:
It sounds negative, almost insulting, that's all. To actually "Lurk" means some kind of possible nefarious activity before the nefarious outcome in my head.:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::oops:
Woncrinklz said:
Lurker is when you come on to read the posts with out becoming a member

• Thinking
geka said:
Lurker is when you come on to read the posts with out becoming a member
Is it based on a negative connotation, or is it just a relaxed means of slang with this computer generation? :unsure: 🤭

Back