Daring Acts

PCBaby said:
I thinnk my most daring was requalifying for my HALO parachute jump just before I left the Royal Marine Commandos, I'd been injured in the Falklands conflict and that started my bladder IC again, I was hoping if I could re pass all the tests I needed to they'd let me stay in. Unfortunately it was actually my spine that let me down as I couldn't complete the final forced battle yomph (that's march to you non marines)
And for those that don't know a military HALO jump is frokm over 5 miles high (a lot of the guys wory nappies just incase).
you win

Reactions: BabyHailey1977
PCBaby said:
We didn't use static at that height as we didn't deploy the 'chutes until we were well under 2000ft. The ramp when down, we stood up and just jumped off. If we did a streamlined dive we could hit speeds well in excess of 300mph
I've always wanted to skydive, but mainly because it's something that I am absolutely terrified of. It would be a great challenge to overcome. It still scares me to think about it 😬

Craziest thing I've done whilst wearing was to answer the door to the pizza delivery guy in just a t-shirt and nappy. He didn't say a word.

Last edited:
Reactions: BabyHailey1977
Back