Current L/XL Goodnites and New Sample Comparison

Ho my good. I just tried the new Goodnites XL. I’ts just perfect. It’s more comfortable thant before. I think I can wear a Size L because I have a lot of space in my diaper.

Reactions: espectro and jamiejamie
LittleTinou said:
Ho my good. I just tried the new Goodnites XL. I’ts just perfect. It’s more comfortable thant before. I think I can wear a Size L because I have a lot of space in my diaper.
Awesome! Enjoy it!

Really hope they bring this over to the drynites brand soon. 🤞

If it hasn't happened yet it's not likely to happen. Even if they do turn a profit from the sales they may even discontinue the XL again. It's all about the bottom line with the big companies. If they don't hit a certain percentage of profit from a product they get rid of it. Even if there is a need and a profit turned. P&G and Kimberly Clark don't give a damn about anyone but their shareholders and corporate employees. Seems to be a pattern with most big companies these days.

Reactions: CodyBaby
You have way too much time on your hands…

• Haha
Reactions: Joediaper
Joediaper said:
If it hasn't happened yet it's not likely to happen. Even if they do turn a profit from the sales they may even discontinue the XL again. It's all about the bottom line with the big companies. If they don't hit a certain percentage of profit from a product they get rid of it. Even if there is a need and a profit turned. P&G and Kimberly Clark don't give a damn about anyone but their shareholders and corporate employees. Seems to be a pattern with most big companies these days.
You right, but they have just solved a problem which in my opinion are not even aware of having solved it. Their panties Depends the size S/M is too big for smaller adults. This product would solve that problem. I have already tried them and to tell you, I was floating in them so much that if I had an accident I automatically had a leak.

Extremely well done! Thanks

New XLs are very nice. Only gripe I have with them is absolutely abysmal odor control.

Very nice detailed comparison btw.

Last edited:
Joediaper said:

The XL sized Goodnites sell out faster than the smaller sizes, so they may be around for a pretty good while.

Here's hoping KC eventually gives us GoodNites that compete with baby diapers for crotch width. If they did, I'd suddenly find them usable. I certainly get that, because babies are expected to poop and not just wet, a proportionally greater crotch width is needed to prevent blowouts, but it still astonishes me that a diaper intended for kids as old as 15 would be smaller in any way (in absolute terms) than a diaper intended for a toddler.

Here's the crotch width of a size 6 Pampers Baby Dry diaper--not even the largest size available, just what I happened to have in my stash:
IMG_1437.jpg

...and here's that GoodNites XL crotch again (courtesy of @Joediaper):
DSC_0020.JPG

When people here talk about pooping in GoodNites and getting away with it, I have to assume that they change immediately after doing it. There's just no way a diaper narrower than a toddler's diaper is going to contain an adult-sized mess for any amount of time. Unfortunately, I can't even wet in GoodNites without leaking. If I could, I'd have some around all the time. My "junk" is average-sized, and is still too much for that 7-1/4" width. I end up with gaps on either side.

I do still periodically buy them, though. They're fun to wear and very discreet. But functional? Not at all.

(I should probably mention that Huggies baby diapers are similar to Pampers baby diapers in crotch width, so it's not a Huggies/Pampers discrepancy.)

Last edited:
  • Wow
My guess is they were trying to make the goodnites discrete by slimming down its width as much as possible.

LaPew said:
My guess is they were trying to make the goodnites discrete by slimming down its width as much as possible.
Probably. Interestingly, both Pull-Ups and Easy-Ups (and most other disposable training pants) are similarly much narrower in the crotch than diapers. It would be hard to argue "discreetness" for training pants, but in that case perhaps it was all about a resemblance to underwear--not like a three-year-old is going to be that observant. Plus a lot of parents just use training pants as diapers when their kids reach a certain age, so... 🤷 It's all still a bit of a mystery to me.

15-year-old males are also generally quite a bit bigger than 15-year-old females, and yet the sizes of XL GoodNites are the same for both genders. And there's the male anatomy. I sorta feel like males are getting gypped here.

I'm not actually super passionate about it. They certainly aren't meant to fit me, anyway. I just find the sizing decisions on these things a bit counterintuitive.

Last edited:
Back