Crazy layers of diapers

DinoFrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
  4. Carer
So the other day during my midday changie I put on a Megamax and suddenly started to crave some additional padding to feel more protected, but not from wetness because those diapees already do a wonderful job at keeping me and my clothes dry; I felt like I needed more protection of the special kind that we crave as ABDL… so I came across my dinosaur training pants and figured they could be a good diaper cover. I put them on but still wasn´t enough.

Since I already was in cloth territory, the next thing I thought about was a cloth diaper, so it went on top of the training pants with a couple of cloth inserts too. Now I had a wonderful waddle like Tommy Pickles in Rugrats, as well as a HUGE diaper butt. Against the real judgment from the mirror, I felt utterly little and adorable too.

But then I started craving the crinkle of my diapee, buried underneath all those layers of cloth. To my good luck I still had some large plastic backed Rearz Inspire from my early days as bedwetter which fitted perfectly on top of all the diapers I already had on myself. The sensation that followed skyrocketed my feelings of safety and comfort and immediately felt like I really needed a nap. It was one of the most comforting naps I´ve taken recently and after I woke up almost three hours later (I slept through the 30-minute alarm I had set) I felt super well rested and relaxed and comforted.

I knew from the beginning there was no realistic way to use all those diapers; it was just for the sake of comfort and security. Also, it´s very rare for me to crave that much padding, but it got me thinking how thick would other ABDL consider is thick enough? I´ve heard lots about double or triple diapers before, but how many of you have actually experienced with several layers of diapers before? Which diapers do you prefer for it? What were your personal feelings before and after?

Reactions: PearlandDL
I love the idea of thick padding and multiple diapers when I'm home alone. Unfortunately, I've discovered that doubling the diaper only partly works for me. If I'm sleeping then it can work fine but if I have to sit and the back is wet, it seems like my body weight squeezes the pee right out and it leaks everywhere. I've never tried triple diapered for this reason. I think it sounds fun if I'm maybe walking around the house (though I think I'd need a strong onesie to hold it up) or laying down, but sitting only works if the back isn't peed yet.

Reactions: DinoFrant
The nice thing about traditional cloth diapers is that you can go crazy with the layers and nothing's wasted if the experience isn't what you'd hoped for. The thickest diaper arrangement I've worn in recent memory was six prefolds, with four laid out normally and two folded into long pads and placed in the middle. To call it comfortable would be... a lie! It was wayyy too much. I was basically immobilized in bed. Not only that, but my largest diaper cover wouldn't cover it all, and even if it had, I doubt my onesie would've closed. I cut back to four diapers, and I was *just* able to get my cover and onesie on. I looked pretty silly.

Even just two of those "night weight" prefolds are a lot of bulk! Waddling is impossible to avoid. When I was little, Mom would double-diaper us with prefolds for bedtime. That was a pretty normal thing to do in those days. I remember being diapered that way, but I don't remember how it felt. I'd have a really hard time sleeping with that much bulk between my legs now, but obviously in those days I was used to it.

• Love
Reactions: DinoFrant and PearlandDL
PearlandDL said:
I love the idea of thick padding and multiple diapers when I'm home alone. Unfortunately, I've discovered that doubling the diaper only partly works for me. If I'm sleeping then it can work fine but if I have to sit and the back is wet, it seems like my body weight squeezes the pee right out and it leaks everywhere. I've never tried triple diapered for this reason. I think it sounds fun if I'm maybe walking around the house (though I think I'd need a strong onesie to hold it up) or laying down, but sitting only works if the back isn't peed yet.
Thank you for your input. Indeed, multiple diapers only work for the funny feeling of something really thick between your legs because press-out leaks rarely get absorbed by the outer diapers.

Reactions: PearlandDL
Cottontail said:
The nice thing about traditional cloth diapers is that you can go crazy with the layers and nothing's wasted if the experience isn't what you'd hoped for. The thickest diaper arrangement I've worn in recent memory was six prefolds, with four laid out normally and two folded into long pads and placed in the middle. To call it comfortable would be... a lie! It was wayyy too much. I was basically immobilized in bed. Not only that, but my largest diaper cover wouldn't cover it all, and even if it had, I doubt my onesie would've closed. I cut back to four diapers, and I was *just* able to get my cover and onesie on. I looked pretty silly.

Even just two of those "night weight" prefolds are a lot of bulk! Waddling is impossible to avoid. When I was little, Mom would double-diaper us with prefolds for bedtime. That was a pretty normal thing to do in those days. I remember being diapered that way, but I don't remember how it felt. I'd have a really hard time sleeping with that much bulk between my legs now, but obviously in those days I was used to it.
Wow! Six layers! That´s crazy indeed! One thing is the comfort of thick padding, but I guess that if it´s not comfortable then it starts to take the good sensations away and can be even bad for the back.

Also after many years of walking without the baby waddle it can be rather uncomfortable for our knees to support our adult weight from a more difficult angle.

Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: PearlandDL and Cottontail
When I go to Alaska to work the fishing season, I'm gone for 3-4 months, and when I come back home, It's time to diaper up like there's no tomorrow. I remember one time in particular, I put myself in 3 diapers at one time. Started out with a medium, then added 2 larges to add to the bulk. And just as @PearlandDL said, it doesn't work out too well, as you won't be able to fully use all 3. The 1st one will saturate, but the other 2 will only get a little bit and will become useless if you poked holes or cut slits in them.

So if I want extra bulk to my diapers, I add baby diapers or thrift store diapers. Besides, the Luvs I add make my diaper smell better.

Reactions: PearlandDL and DinoFrant
You made me think of a spartan-like army of eager ABDL shouting "diaper up like there´s no tomorrow!!!" and then rushing towards a huge pile of diapers, LOL. Sorry, it´s my silly moment.

That´s a considerable downside of using 2 or 3 diapers at the same time: you make the outer diapers useless with very little use, which isn´t good for ABDL economy, but also because having to dispose a good diaper without being properly used sounds like a terrible -but necessary- thing to do.

I appreciate your input, especially the thought of adding the nice smell of baby diapers which I believe most of us find quite intoxicating. I guess that for the case of disposables it´s more efficient to add boosters inside rather than covering them with outer diapers that won´t be able to perform as they should.

• Love
Reactions: theancientmariner and PearlandDL
Back