condom catheter

Diaperman95

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
How many men with incontinence has tried the? Does anyone have a time they prefer them. I purchased some samples that came today to give a go. I haven't used any in years out side a recent hospital stay that a nurse fitted one on me. Problem was anesthesia and pain medicine locked me up and I could not hardly go so they removed it and placed a foley. Before when I tried them I did not have good luck they came loose or leaked. But some of the new ones look better so I going to give them a go for some day time use anyway. Only those days my bowel and stomach feels good. I will still use a pull up incase of some bowel leakage. I figure if I don't prefer them they still might be good to keep around for the very few times I get a rash or cracked skin around the testicles once a year or so. I never let it get bad but the last time I had one I told my it would be nice to have a condom catheter so things could air. Tell me if you like them or hate them or if you have a use for them. I don't see me replacing my diapers but being able to change it up and not have to wear a diaper will be nice or someone like me who uses them only for there use and not really sexual or just a desire to wear. I don't think I would sleep to good with them unless I learn to really trust them. Even with the Foley in the hospital and no diaper I just felt wrong sleeping. Oh well we will see. They are a lot cheaper than diapers. Some as low as $1.50 each and last 24 hours is also a main reason for trying them

I was prescribed them by my Urologist to use at night.
Interesting to be pissing into a plastic bag during the night.
To put one of the condom catheters on, I first wash and dry my _____.
Then I jerk-off to get hard.
Next put on the condom catheter.
Connect the drainage bag.
Lastly go to bed.
The piss is in the bag, not my bed sheets.

Reactions: Constantlydamp
I've used them, for me what worked best was to make sure I also applied latex based skin bond cement mid-shaft, because the adhesive inside the condoms typically weren't good enough.

Reactions: Diaperman95
Diaperman95 said:
How many men with incontinence has tried the? Does anyone have a time they prefer them. I purchased some samples that came today to give a go. I haven't used any in years out side a recent hospital stay that a nurse fitted one on me. Problem was anesthesia and pain medicine locked me up and I could not hardly go so they removed it and placed a foley. Before when I tried them I did not have good luck they came loose or leaked. But some of the new ones look better so I going to give them a go for some day time use anyway. Only those days my bowel and stomach feels good. I will still use a pull up incase of some bowel leakage. I figure if I don't prefer them they still might be good to keep around for the very few times I get a rash or cracked skin around the testicles once a year or so. I never let it get bad but the last time I had one I told my it would be nice to have a condom catheter so things could air. Tell me if you like them or hate them or if you have a use for them. I don't see me replacing my diapers but being able to change it up and not have to wear a diaper will be nice or someone like me who uses them only for there use and not really sexual or just a desire to wear. I don't think I would sleep to good with them unless I learn to really trust them. Even with the Foley in the hospital and no diaper I just felt wrong sleeping. Oh well we will see. They are a lot cheaper than diapers. Some as low as $1.50 each and last 24 hours is also a main reason for trying them
Hi,

i have got some here, i do use them sometimes at home and i will use them for the colonoscopy next week.

During the day they work well, but in the night they got off all the time. They are not as discrete as they promote them, you will see the tube through the pants and you will hear the bag when something is inside. No way i will use that out of the house.

They are capable of taking a flood wetting well when you found the correct size. Getting an erection with it can be strange and unpleasant, and, when used longer, you will get under pressure, so you need to disconnect for a second, it gets very uncomfortable otherwise.

For me they are a back-up-solution when the diapers are not a good idea, and i like the leg bags from Coloplast, i will use them maybe with a foley catheter for special occasions like long car drives.

Last edited:
Pino said:
Hi,

i have got some here, i do use them sometimes at home and i will use them for the colonoscopy next week.

During the day they work well, but in the night they got off all the time. They are not as discrete as they promote them, you will see the tube through the pants and you will hear the bag when something is inside. No way i will use that out of the house.

They are capable of taking a flood wetting well when you found the correct size. Getting an erection with it can be strange and unpleasant, and, when used longer, you will get under pressure, so you need to disconnect for a second, it gets very uncomfortable otherwise.

For me they are a back-up-solution when the diapers are not a good idea, and i like the leg bags from Coloplast, i will use them maybe with a foley catheter for special occasions like long car drives.
Yeah I tried them before with little luck. I was just hoping some of these new ones are a bit better. As for the leg bag and all that, the trick is one of those pants or sleeves that holds the bag. I have used them in the past with a Foley catheter. Or a belly bag but not sure how good a belly bag would do because it might make it back up with the condom style but they was way better because they don't slide down. I just want a break from diapers sometimes. That and the cost of diapers just keep going up. But I have had my far share of catheter bags with a foley. Way more than I care to count. But thanks for the input.

LuvMyDiapers said:
I've used them, for me what worked best was to make sure I also applied latex based skin bond cement mid-shaft, because the adhesive inside the condoms typically weren't good enough.
for sure going to order some glue made for them. Never new they have them. my wife has a ostomy and I thought about a touch of stoma paste but this sounds better. that and what I read it can be used to help adhere the ostomy pouches too. So great tip it might work out well for us. do you need a adhesive remover to get it off the skin or do they come off okay? Thank you for your input.

Diaperman95 said:
for sure going to order some glue made for them. Never new they have them. my wife has a ostomy and I thought about a touch of stoma paste but this sounds better. that and what I read it can be used to help adhere the ostomy pouches too. So great tip it might work out well for us. do you need a adhesive remover to get it off the skin or do they come off okay? Thank you for your input.

So I tried latex skin bond cement with a stoma because I hated the paste, and it did not work nearly as well as it did with the condom catheter. But perhaps that's because I typically try to get more than 24 hours out of a stoma wafer. However, what I do find works very well with the stoma wafer is a product called Skin-Prep by Smith & Nephew, REF 420400. They are these tiny little towelettes that apply clear film that dries in less than 10 secs. Once dry, stick the stoma wafer on and hold for 15 seconds. Boom, I get 3+ days out of it no problem. If you have any further questions on this particular thing, you're welcome to DM me so we don't stray too far off topic!

for glue you can try skin-tac medical glue.
However when the hospital tried a condom cath on me it didn't fit at all , after so many surgeries the penis shrank so much even the smallest size didn't fit (too big) and came loose instantly.
They then gave up and let me wear a diaper, they wanted to see if my kidneys still worked after diagnosed T1 diabetes but I was so out of phase I had barely control

winterheart01 said:
for glue you can try skin-tac medical glue.
However when the hospital tried a condom cath on me it didn't fit at all , after so many surgeries the penis shrank so much even the smallest size didn't fit (too big) and came loose instantly.
They then gave up and let me wear a diaper, they wanted to see if my kidneys still worked after diagnosed T1 diabetes but I was so out of phase I had barely control
I seen that glue. I was reading about it as it is a bit les than some of the others Also they do make condom catheters for pediatrics that can get kinda small. The very first order I put in for some 20 years ago the first time I was going to try them I ordered from HDIS a few to try in a 30mm but was sent some for pediatric and they would be doing good to roll down my thumb, They sent me the right size and asked me to just trash the ones for kids. Their is also a collection Incontinence device that looks more like a ostomy bag it is meant more retracted penis but any man can use it. Depending on the seal I might even prefer . It has a flange that seals around the abdominal area at the base of penis. Just shave real good but basically you penis is loos in a bag that seals to your body.

Reactions: Constantlydamp
Diaperman95 said:
I seen that glue. I was reading about it as it is a bit les than some of the others
Trust me, that glue works pretty good :) I use it to keep my Dexcom sensor attached for a week instead of 3 days (their glue patch is worn out after 3 days but skin tac increases that).
However I also need to put flexifix patch over it to protect it from water or else it'd be no good.
The skin-Tac wipes are hard to come by here though but after some digging I found some places, unfortunately UK is one of them and that means import VAT

I going to try some. Amazon has it pretty cheap with prime shipping. If I would of known the place I bought tje catheters have it and it would of been cheaper with my order but having to pay shipping on one item AmZon had them beat do to free shipping. I really appreciate all the advice.

That clear seal tape like tagiderm is one of the best things they ever made. I have some on now holding a bandage over about 25 staples. I use to use a fentanyl pain patch and they always came loos after one day. They won't replace them because they fell off. I would by a roll 4 meters long 4 in wide and just cut to size. It works amazing on anything that need secure and water tight. I am off that patch now and glad to be off it too. But I am a huge fan of that stuff. It is like a adhesive suranwrap

Diaperman95 said:
I going to try some. Amazon has it pretty cheap with prime shipping. If I would of known the place I bought tje catheters have it and it would of been cheaper with my order but having to pay shipping on one item AmZon had them beat do to free shipping. I really appreciate all the advice.

That clear seal tape like tagiderm is one of the best things they ever made. I have some on now holding a bandage over about 25 staples. I use to use a fentanyl pain patch and they always came loos after one day. They won't replace them because they fell off. I would by a roll 4 meters long 4 in wide and just cut to size. It works amazing on anything that need secure and water tight. I am off that patch now and glad to be off it too. But I am a huge fan of that stuff. It is like a adhesive suranwrap
Indeed, it's wonderful. I buy the flexifix in rolls of 10m long and 10cm wide and also cut to size, then cut a rectangle hole for the sensor's transmitter to fit through since taping over it is not good, the pressure would break the platinum microfiber hair of the sensor and then i'd need surgery to have it removed :(

winterheart01 said:
Indeed, it's wonderful. I buy the flexifix in rolls of 10m long and 10cm wide and also cut to size, then cut a rectangle hole for the sensor's transmitter to fit through since taping over it is not good, the pressure would break the platinum microfiber hair of the sensor and then i'd need surgery to have it removed :(
Yeah I lucky enough I am not diabetic. I have been told I was prediabetic but i got it under control by cutting out soda pop and other junk food. I have a lot of nerve damage that is similar to diabetic people. Like a very advanced case of gastroparesis. I guess 90% of the 1/2 million people in the US that has it is a diabetic. I think a lot came from very low b12 for several years.

But back to why I replied I was going to say a friend of mine uses one and they look like a Amazing thing for people that have advance symptoms and really yo yo. Hers goes way up and down but she does not treat her situation with the respect in needs. I fear it is going to get her soon. But that is a pretty tiny little sensor that sticks in the skin. I could imagine it could get broken off if you got to rough with it or hit it just right. Especially if the adhesive failed and it slid

Diaperman95 said:
Yeah I lucky enough I am not diabetic. I have been told I was prediabetic but i got it under control by cutting out soda pop and other junk food. I have a lot of nerve damage that is similar to diabetic people. Like a very advanced case of gastroparesis. I guess 90% of the 1/2 million people in the US that has it is a diabetic. I think a lot came from very low b12 for several years.

But back to why I replied I was going to say a friend of mine uses one and they look like a Amazing thing for people that have advance symptoms and really yo yo. Hers goes way up and down but she does not treat her situation with the respect in needs. I fear it is going to get her soon. But that is a pretty tiny little sensor that sticks in the skin. I could imagine it could get broken off if you got to rough with it or hit it just right. Especially if the adhesive failed and it slid
You'd be surprised how sturdy it is, however pushing on it is definitely not a good idea, that hurts and causes bad measures.
But if prolonged pressure is applied it can break.
I'm upgrading to a G6 next month with a Tandem pump for advanced control.
In terms of nerve damage I've only got a mild case of gastro paresis, hbA1c had always been good for the last 13 years.

winterheart01 said:
You'd be surprised how sturdy it is, however pushing on it is definitely not a good idea, that hurts and causes bad measures.
But if prolonged pressure is applied it can break.
I'm upgrading to a G6 next month with a Tandem pump for advanced control.
In terms of nerve damage I've only got a mild case of gastro paresis, hbA1c had always been good for the last 13 years.
I had 20 hospital stays in 3 years just to treat symptoms. I get bad enough they put a NG tube down and pump my stomach off a few days to give it a break. I have even thrown that tube up. No fun at all😭. They said at some point I might need to be tube fed bypassing my stomach. In fact that is what my current gastro doctor wanted to do in July or August. I objected greatly and went and found the surgeon to do this. I haven not decided if I am going to see him again. I really dont want him as a doctor and intend to change. But I just want him to know he almost ruined my life at a young age by be a old stuck in his way doctor that don't believe nerve stimulation works.

Those stays dont even cover what ever else including a couple hip surgeries and more. . I know it seems like a group of us on here seem like he got a worse hand than others. But it makes me relate to you guys and gals and i feel better to know I am not the only one, no matter what the illment. Just keep that blood sugar in check because you dont want to have this struggle too. They told me 90% of people with this is diabetic related.

I also know of several members here that have it worse than us two put together and them some too. But everyone here has a amazing attitude and if they dont then they dont stick around from what I see. I have had a good time getting to know all you guys and girls and IC or a little it don't matter. That was the shocker to me!! But all love all you guys that have supported me or others in this group. Okay now that I total derailed my own thread thank you for all your support.

Condom caths equals infection to me, tried it twice and got an infection very quickly reducing my ability to hold on both occasions, never got any holding ability back from either of those times.
So it is Nappies rule for me !

So to day was first real trial I put on around noon and a little later I went and ate a bite and stopped at the bowling alley to watch the wife bowl I had some in the leg bag as we got home. I am still recovering from abdominal surgery laying here in bed I remove leg bag and used bed bag. I laying here surfing the net. I know bad habit but I did just have surgery. Then open comes the gates a few times and all is well, then all of a sudden the pull up I had on felt wet. Good and glad for the pull up and bed pad I was on. I feel I might have a UTI but hard to say with my interstitial cystitis going try to go to urgent care tomorrow. But I took AZO's at the bowling alley. Anyone who has ever taken them knows the stain and ruin everything. I started to toss the bed pad to the side. Glad common sense won that one. Now I got a huge dark stain on a brand new reusable pad. The entire thing had just came off. So I cleaned up real good even used a adhesive remove my wife has and then alcohol and air dry before trying another brand. This one is a pop on by spirit that only covers the head. It is by far more comfortable than the optima that failed. I might have to order some adhesive.

So I might have found one that does not totally suck and has made it almost 24 hours already. I used a skin prep and a Hollister extended wear catheter. I also used a poesy sheath wrap to prevent under mining the adhesive if I get a kink . I am still not brave enough to try it without a diaper on but so far it seams promising.

I just woke up.
I have been on the Condom Catheter and collection bag for 11 hours straight.
100% transparent Conveen Ultima Condom Catheter is what I was medically prescribed by my Urologist.
I am usually cathetered like this for 12 hours straight every single day now.
I will also admit that this thing also seems to act like a sexual chastity device.
No vascular tumescences of the penis while it is in use.

Back