Classic smell?

Jbdl said:
I'm sure this subject has come up in the past but I wanted to start a new thread. I'm hard on the hunt for the classic diaper smell of times gone by. Since smell is such an extreme memory trigger you would think there would be enterprising abdl companies trying to capitalize on this (more than abu scent strips) or enthusiasts demystifying the ingredients. Im not talking about baby powder scent or the like, but the real pampers/huggies, tangy, fresh bag of diapers, brain meltingly nostalgic funk. does anyone out there have any leads on this? Im a huge smellophile and I'm still comming up empty.

The vintage pampers smell always got me in a little head space.

Reactions: BlueDude and Jorelaxed
The Northshores give off that smell when just opened in their poly bag.

Reactions: PaddedRita and newAB43
ChastityDL said:
Better dry has the same smell. Just very much lighter
Better Dry has a smell but it is not that close to the P&G Attends. But yes I would not mind mega max getting that smell as a option. I do not personally want it daily as it is a distinct smell and I do not want everyone to smell it either. But it was a very relaxing fresh smell that I use to love after putting on a fresh soft diaper after a fresh shower. Even in the trash can that diaper smell over powered the urine smell. It for sure would be a hit.

Reactions: Jorelaxed and newAB43
Jbdl said:
alright! I managed to concoct a blend that's maybe 30% of the way there... long way to go before shes a viable musk. keepya posted
Any progress with the scent? I'm curious what your process is like!

Reactions: newAB43 and CptKirk
**copied from convo w' @Antientmariner for the benefit of all abdl'kind**

"I found this "ivory snow blissfuls in washer scent booster" that is actually sortof close'ish. BUT its kindof tempermental. i find that if its too strong the scent is way off. If you add just a small sprinkle or a fingerfull of the beads to the old diaperstash spot, the scent is crazy close. throwing them in the wash is a waste. The scen lasts forever in a mesh bag at the back of a drawer. I believe its all the same parent company too so it stands to reason theyd rework the recipe for the more adult clientelle."

Hippiediaperlover said:
I like to lay under the covers and fan the diaper smell up toward my face.
I am also guilty of that! :D

MikeDJ said:
I worked at Toys R Us in the early 90s as a teen and their diaper aisle was intoxicating as far as diaper scent. The diapers then were still the thick crinkly ones and they were stacked to the ceilings with all brands. Nowadays everything is fragrance free or some odd ball minimized scents. So the diaper aisles dont have the appeal anymore .You almost smell nothing when going down those aisles now. Its a lot to do with all the over allergy sensitive kids born in this generation.
Didn’t know toys r us sold diapers I would of been buying diapers instead of toys lol

• Haha
Reactions: southeastlittle and newAB43
I know theirs this perfume called loves baby soft it smells baby powder ish but might be close to the 90s pampers scent it’s been a while since I smelled it but like someone else said that smell is intoxicating and a wicked turn on .

Reactions: newAB43
A just opened bag of Seni Super Quatros has a wonderful diaper scent very similar to Attends.

Dlhnt said:
Didn’t know toys r us sold diapers I would of been buying diapers instead of toys lol

Oh yes, toy r us had a whole baby section with baby furniture and everything.

Dlhnt said:
Yes they sure did have quite the baby section....a whole aisle devoted to just big bags of thick diapers. I didnt work that particular aisle but would always walk down it once each days shift. Also a nice rack of plastic pants ! Gerber ones too!

PoofsNFloofs said:
Wait, Goodnites are scented? I thought they were designed to be undetectable at sleepovers.
News to me. Never noticed any scent myself.

MikeDJ said:
Yes they sure did have quite the baby section....a whole aisle devoted to just big bags of thick diapers. I didnt work that particular aisle but would always walk down it once each days shift. Also a nice rack of plastic pants ! Gerber ones too!
Yeah, they certainly did have the baby section. And then…Babies R Us came to be!

May not necessarily be what you’re going for but here are some products I use for diaper scenting purposes other than powder, lotion, or oil. I use them for my diaper pail, but a thought I just came up with is maybe “planting” them in your diaper stacks.image.jpg

Back