Classic smell?

Jbdl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Other
I'm sure this subject has come up in the past but I wanted to start a new thread. I'm hard on the hunt for the classic diaper smell of times gone by. Since smell is such an extreme memory trigger you would think there would be enterprising abdl companies trying to capitalize on this (more than abu scent strips) or enthusiasts demystifying the ingredients. Im not talking about baby powder scent or the like, but the real pampers/huggies, tangy, fresh bag of diapers, brain meltingly nostalgic funk. does anyone out there have any leads on this? Im a huge smellophile and I'm still comming up empty.

• Love
Reactions: BlueDude, newAB43, AndyPandy and 2 others
I feel you so hard on this!
I keep some xl goodnites on hand just for the smell factor. I usually wet it once and then use the potty after that. After about 30 mins it gets that papmers, wet baby diaper smell without powder or lotion.
I like to lay under the covers and fan the diaper smell up toward my face.

Either goodnites, pullups, or actual baby all have it. And if they don't fit I use them as boosters in my m4's!

• Love
Reactions: Number3 and theancientmariner
Hippiediaperlover said:
I feel you so hard on this!
I keep some xl goodnites on hand just for the smell factor. I usually wet it once and then use the potty after that. After about 30 mins it gets that papmers, wet baby diaper smell without powder or lotion.
I like to lay under the covers and fan the diaper smell up toward my face.

Either goodnites, pullups, or actual baby all have it. And if they don't fit I use them as boosters in my m4's!
Wait, Goodnites are scented? I thought they were designed to be undetectable at sleepovers.

Anyway, this used to be easier to find, but I found one store that still sells it. I've never tried it, but it's supposed to smell like baby diapers.

Reactions: newAB43 and Jbdl
I prefer the classic DRY diaper scent.

Reactions: Honeywell6180
PoofsNFloofs said:
Anyway, this used to be easier to find, but I found one store that still sells it. I've never tried it, but it's supposed to smell like baby diapers.

this is suuuuuuuper tempting. it looks like itd cost $76.00CAD all in for a tiny vial of the stuff and im really trying to justify it in my headbrain, not knowing how close it actually is to what Im after.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: CptKirk
alright! I managed to concoct a blend that's maybe 30% of the way there... long way to go before shes a viable musk. keepya posted

Reactions: theancientmariner
Jbdl said:
this is suuuuuuuper tempting. it looks like itd cost $76.00CAD all in for a tiny vial of the stuff and im really trying to justify it in my headbrain, not knowing how close it actually is to what Im after.
$76 for a tiny vial????

loadedpamperman said:
$76 for a tiny vial????
Yeeeeeh. Thats tax and shipping and all though

The diaper smell that brings back memories for me is that of cloth cotton diapers fresh of the clothesline after a breezy sunny day of drying. My wife and I diapered our children with them and I remember that fresh smell when helping her bring them in of the line or just before wrapping them around our kid’s tushies. Combining that fresh smell with some J&J baby powder completes the aroma that brings back barely rememberable days of my infancy over six decades ago.

Reactions: diddles
loadedpamperman said:
$76 for a tiny vial????
that stuff is super concentrated though.... I have a bottle from almost 10 years ago. It's 3/4 full.

quartz200420012 said:
that stuff is super concentrated though.... I have a bottle from almost 10 years ago. It's 3/4 full.
Woah no kidding. Where/how do you use it? Do you dab a little on the outside of your diapers? How often?

As for me, I feel like in the distant past I would have smelled such a smell. Sadly, I wasn't diapered for very long (mom didn't like paying for diapers and potty trained me early). It's like, I can imagine and almost feel what the classic Pampers smelled like, but until I actually smell it I'll never know.

Last edited:
zbrannigan said:
Woah no kidding. Where/how do you use it? Do you dab a little on the outside of your diapers? How often?

As for me, I feel like in the distant past I would have smelled such a smell. Sadly, I wasn't diapered for very long (mom didn't like paying for diapers and potty trained me early). It's like, I can imagine and almost feel what the classic Pampers smelled like, but until I actually smell it I'll never know.
If you put a few drops on a cotton ball and leave it in your closet, it will permeate EVERYTHING within a day. The instructions say to put a few drops in each diaper but if that stuff contacts your skin it kinda burns.

I was just thinking about this the other day. I would love to be able to find that fresh diaper sent again. Let me know if you find it.

Does this stuff makes your bedroom smell like the grocery baby isle in the 80s-90s? 🤤🤔

I've been using dreft blissfuls as a linen spray on absolutely everything. 😂

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: PaddedRita
I would pay just about anything (within my disabled vet budgetary limitations at least LOL) to obtain that "PAMPERS" scent from the 80's/90's!!! I used to go out of my way to walk down the diaper aisle in every store i ever went to that sold diapers JUST to get a good whiff of that intoxicating, indescribably AWESOME, mind blowing- reminiscing scent!!!! Amazing that something as simplistic as a certain smell can totally transform one's thought process for a time, seemingly transport you to a totally different mentality in time & space. Sadly, I doubt I'll ever get to experience that incredible odor again!

• Love
Reactions: Dlhnt, newAB43 and cantwait
I can remember the smell of the rubbers I think? (Wore terrys when young) especially just after a bath or something like that?
Difficult to describe properly….but would recognize it if I smelt it again….

I worked at Toys R Us in the early 90s as a teen and their diaper aisle was intoxicating as far as diaper scent. The diapers then were still the thick crinkly ones and they were stacked to the ceilings with all brands. Nowadays everything is fragrance free or some odd ball minimized scents. So the diaper aisles dont have the appeal anymore .You almost smell nothing when going down those aisles now. Its a lot to do with all the over allergy sensitive kids born in this generation.

Wow! No one has mentioned the vintage Attends!! They was made by the PG company that at the time made luv's back the 80's and 90's. That smell has been gone a long time, but I would recognize that smell anywhere! 🥴🥴 I would love to see mega max or a heavy over night diaper get that smell again. 🤞

Diaperman95 said:
Wow! No one has mentioned the vintage Attends!! They was made by the PG company that at the time made luv's back the 80's and 90's. That smell has been gone a long time, but I would recognize that smell anywhere! 🥴🥴 I would love to see mega max or a heavy over night diaper get that smell again. 🤞
Better dry has the same smell. Just very much lighter

Back