Changing: Stand or lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone were to change me then lying down, doing it myself a lot of the time I pull them on like pull ups

Marting said:
Hi all

Havn't posted for ages, so hope you are all good. I have OCD and have a bit of an obsession that I can't shake. When I'm being little I am around 2 and a half to three. What I can't work out is whether it is usual at that age to lie down for a nappy change, or whether it is more usual to do it standing as a toddler? Silly one I know, but it's taking me out of my little place, as I keep thinking about it!

What are your thoughts?

Love and thanks.

Martin :)

I perform self diaper changes both ways.

I have never change away from home - I have been able to plan correctly to wait to get home.

At home, I have always diapered myself laying down. I may try the standing position sometime just to see if I think it is better but right now - laying is the way.

I mostly change standing but I do it both ways, I find laying down I can put my diapers on better, much more snugger.

Even though I am able to change both standing or lying down, I still prefer to lie down since I seem to get a better fit that way.

I have done both standing or lying down when I change my diapers. But I prefer to lying down for a diaper change.

I do both, generally speaking if I'm diapering after a shower I lay down, much easier with powdering and stuff, if I'm wet sometimes it's easier to drop my pants to my ankles do a wipe down then rediaper standing, it all depends on how active I am.
I find a get a better fit with 4 tape diapers standing, it's easier to get that poof in the rear and the double fold up front with snug taping, if I'm laying down sometimes the tapes go on to tight

Lying down

If I'm getting changed, then lying down. If I am changing, then standing.

Definitely laying down always :)

Lying down every time but then again I don't wear in public so I could change my mind if I do.

I do both actually, just depends on which diaper I use.

If it's an Abena M4, I do it standing up. But if it's a Teddy Bambino, I do it laying down. I get better results that way, I have no idea why either. XD

Since I can't stand unaided or at all really it has to be laying down

Laying down. I've tried standing up, but it's too much hassle, and it makes any clean-up required more complicated. To the best of my knowledge, I've never known any of my family or friends change their toddlers standing up, no matter how much said toddler protested.

I I like laying down, I think it's more babyish. I have tried standing bout can never get them fitting right

Standing up. I actually seem to get a better fit that way, and it's good practice for the times that I have to change standing up.

Standing, mommy gets them tight.

lying down mostly but when out and about standing up

I usually remove a dirty diaper standing up, shower, and then re-diaper laying down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back