Cause of incontinence

Phoenix0 said:
I have been incontinent for around 6 years now, because of an operation when i was 16. I was having a kidney stone removed, the doctor made a mistake and rendered me urinally IC. As for how i became fecally IC, i have no idea. I just noticed one day that i couldnā€˜t control my poops anymore šŸ¤·
What about you guys?
This sounds like you've got a legit lawsuit on your hands. I am not by nature a very litigious person but if this happened to me, I would sue that doctor for every penny.

Reactions: Diprs2
TippingOver said:
This sounds like you've got a legit lawsuit on your hands. I am not by nature a very litigious person but if this happened to me, I would sue that doctor for every penny.
unfortunately there are ways that doctors use to protect thier asses in a legal way like have you sign a waver saying you agree not to sue and they told you the risks. or rely on the fact that you can't afford lawyers

Last edited:
Reactions: TeddyBunny, Diprs2 and Pino
slimjiminy said:
How I found out in my mid 40s, was that I developed this insatiable thirst for grapefruit juice (it was summer). After a few weeks of that, I thought to myself, this is crazy. How many ppl love grapefruit juice that much?!?! So I went to the clinic to be tested and the doc said I was wasting his time -- until he read the results. He apologized three times before I left. I'm on insulin and Janumet 20+ years later.

Get your eyes checked if you've not already. There is a serious chance of blindness with prolonged high glucose levels. I am currently fighting that and more.
Yes, diabetes can lead to all kinds of miseries. My vision has not been seriously affected, although I now have full eye examinations twice a year instead of only once. Below the waist is a different story, unfortunately. Incon, complete ED , neuropathies, and loss of sensation in my feet.

Reactions: TeddyBunny and Diprs2
Mine is from a series of events:
- first prostate surgery for BPH damaged a nerve in the urethral sphincter as well as massive scar tissue in the bladder neck and urethra because they removed excessive tissue there too.
- urge buildup over the years, but increased sphincter oversensitive. It closed instant on urge and was almost impossible to open near the end.
Botox helped a bit for a few years, once even had a atonic bladder after one of many prostate surgeries.
Last i could hardly go anymore and was told a catheterizable urostomy was their last offer, but other doctors warned me the infection risk would be too dangerous for my diabetes. So i went back to my first urologist and since i had in the meantime no other choice but to rely on foley catheters that now hurt so bad i couldn't take it anymore, he offered to cut z piece out of the urethral sphincter.
It definitely worked, but my joy was short-lived. 3 months later, half grew back together.
So 2 more surgeries followed, the last one a complete removal of both bladder neck and urethral sphincter to allow free passage since there was also an old e-colli bacteria buildup that became resistant to antibiotics.
Now they find no more bacteria and the chronic infected bladder neck tissue is so far gone.
But i leak constant, however I do not regret this decision. The alternative was too risky and painful. (Though those 3 surgeries hurt like hell too, now i know how contractions feel :s

Reactions: TeddyBunny, Diprs2 and Freddie07601
Phoenix0 said:
I have been incontinent for around 6 years now, because of an operation when i was 16. I was having a kidney stone removed, the doctor made a mistake and rendered me urinally IC. As for how i became fecally IC, i have no idea. I just noticed one day that i couldnā€˜t control my poops anymore šŸ¤·
What about you guys?
autism /developmental delays causing functional urinary IC

Reactions: TeddyBunny, Diprs2 and Freddie07601
BPH with acute OAB in crinklz or betterdry 24/7 for several years now. I expect I'll be 24/7 for the rest of my life now.

Milianna said:
I have zero dramatic stories to tell.

I simply just am. Starting from age 12, I started to become incontinent in terms of my bladder only. So... here we are. Technically I'm diagnosed with overactive bladder but it's anyone's guess as to why.
Hi

I am the same was told I had an overactive bladder, got Botox injections into my
Bladder but didnā€™t work

I now wear nappies all the time, itā€™s awful really hate it rules my
Life now

Reactions: TeddyBunny, Milianna and Diprs2
AUG168 said:
BPH which causes occasional OAB. I'm a slow leaker for the most part. I go between pads and pull-ups. I can have days that I'm almost dry and others 3-4 pads or 2-3 pull-ups in a day. At night I wear a pullup, again overkill but I don't want to get the bed wet.
I wear nappies all the time, itā€™s awful rukes
My life, always worrying about people finding out

pjdjs said:
I wear nappies all the time, itā€™s awful rukes
My life, always worrying about people finding out
Ya, that only lasts for the first couple of times, after that you'll find your caring about what others thinks lessens in importance.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Rob110
parcelboy2 said:
Sounds like me in the morning
Hi

I am the same I have to wear a nappy all the time,

When I was younger I remember holding my pee until I had bad pains in my stomach,I always had to use the toilet a lot when I was younger but as I got older it got worse

Started with bed wetting and then wetting during the day when I had a cold or was run down, then over time got really bad, had an operation but didnā€™t work, I now wear nappies all the time, It has sorta took over my life have to plan ahead no matter where I go, sometimes I wet through my nappy when out for a drinks so I really
Donā€™t go out much anymore

Would love to talk to someone in the same position

Thanks

Reactions: TeddyBunny, NotTheAverageMan, JeriHfoley18 and 1 other person
subietodd said:
Ya, that only lasts for the first couple of times, after that you'll find your caring about what others thinks lessens in importance.
I really hope so, really worried about people finding out, if my friends or family found out I do t know what Iā€™d do, have had this secret so long now it os eating me up inside

When my bladder grew to the point I needed to wear taped diapers I decided to let my family and close friends know of my medical issue the first few conversations were s bit stressful but every one understood and were supportive. This made dealing with diaper changes a non issue as no one questioned my need to take a bag with me each time I went to the bathroom while out and about.
Ive long since gotten passed the worry of some one finding out as its a medical condition I have no control of and could care less if they cant handle the fact I need to wear but ai have not run into the negative reaction as of yet at lease no one has shown it.

It does get easier over time and remember you are not alone in needing to wear 24/7

Reactions: TeddyBunny, NotTheAverageMan, Diprs2 and 2 others
Well this week Iā€™ve taken a few more steps down the full inco path ,
all but Friday night ive woken up to a very wet nappy after 1st 3 hours of sleep .
today in the supermarket I had the urge but I tried to hold 2 aisle after(5mins ) tops I couldnā€™t hold any more and just went
I didn't feel the need to pee when I first got in there then WHAM!

Reactions: TeddyBunny, Fleetwoodmac32192, Lethdale and 1 other person
TippingOver said:
I did sue him.
ill never forget it either

About 15 years ago, military accident, botched surgery, fully urinary incontinent, was told I'd have to be cathed rest of my life. I said no way, tried diapers, and that's where I'm at. Fully diapered 24/7/365, it is what it is. Luckily I have a very supportive family and it's a non-issue. As for wearing and using diapers, it's just a part of me know, I guess I wouldn't have it any other way.

• Wow
Reactions: TeddyBunny, NotTheAverageMan, Diprs2 and 2 others
i have autism and when i get overstimulated or hyperfixated i tend to have an accident, when im overstimulated its like my body loses all control and i dont even notice i had an accident and when im hyperfixated my body ignores the warning sign and i only realize i had to go once i start wetting myself, sometimes im able to stop it.. most times not

• Wow
Reactions: TeddyBunny, queerpeanut, Diprs2 and 2 others
Phoenix0 said:
I did sue him.
ill never forget it either
Did you win the lawsuit?

pjdjs said:
I really hope so, really worried about people finding out, if my friends or family found out I do t know what Iā€™d do, have had this secret so long now it os eating me up inside
True friends wouldnā€™t hold this against you but be supportive.

Bombyx said:
True friends wouldnā€™t hold this against you but be supportive.
Agreed if they are true friends they will understand that the only choice you have regarding diapers is what diapers you wear

Phoenix0 said:
What about you guys?
I have a neurogenic bladder from unknown cause and as my dr. Put it, from my history, probably since birth. Had a through urodynamic study done in my early 30ā€™s to discover this. Wish I had that done when I was 10 and I wouldnā€™t have beaten myself up about nightly bedwetting and daytime issues as well. The dr. Told my my bladder reacts similar to an infants in that my brain/bladder connections donā€™t function properly.

Back