Can people tell?

Can people tell when you are wearing a diaper under normal clothes in public?

• Total voters

Elros

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So, I know I am very self conscious about being "discovered" when I'm wearing diapers in Public. I typically go all out in my attempts to hide my diaper. My girlfriend claims I'm ridiculous and nobody will notice even I wear under my normal clothes. So, I ask your opinion; can people tell you are wearing under normal clothes in public?

Reactions: Diprs2, Wolfman69, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
First off you do you. Second it’s underwear. No ones bats an eye if people are sagging showing boxers or have a g string pulled to their shoulder blades lol. Find what’s comfortable and as discreet as possible and enjoy. No one cares and if they do tell em to stop staring at your butt lol

• Love
Reactions: Ortler, SalemRose, BabyLink9 and 7 others
Elros said:
So, I know I am very self conscious about being "discovered" when I'm wearing diapers in Public. I typically go all out in my attempts to hide my diaper. My girlfriend claims I'm ridiculous and nobody will notice even I wear under my normal clothes. So, I ask your opinion; can people tell you are wearing under normal clothes in public?
I wear all the time in public i dont think anyone has notice and if they have they havent said anything and i wear thick abdl diapers aswell i used to think peopl will notice but then i stop caring about it as it just stressed me out and i didnt want to waste any nappys by taking them off if i had to nip to the shop or go to my friends xxx

Reactions: Ortler, Chrissie, diaperdude and 9 others
It completely depends on your definition of 'normal clothes', i.e. how tight your pants are, the color, how thick your diaper is, etc. But generally, I really don't think it's noticeable even if you aren't being super careful. Honestly I never notice whether people are wearing or not. It's just not something I look for when I'm out and about, even as an ABDL, so the average person definitely isn't either. Most people, including myself are in our own heads I think. It's the rare person who's eye it really catches, probably because they already know someone who wears.

But would I go out in a thick overnight diaper and gym shorts? Absolutely not! Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: SalemRose, Tine, NihilisticPuppet and 5 others
I totally get you, I am always thinking I'll meet someone I know. Plus, I wear diapers to get into a calm mode, having the stress to be discovered totally kills the abdl mood for me, so I prefer not to wear in public haha.

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher, Elros and 1 other person
I used to ask my wife when I was going to the store diapered if I showed and she always said no. There are a lot of ways to hide your diaper bulge.

Reactions: Tine, Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and 2 others
24/7 here I don't think anyone notices when I am diapered, I wear looser blue jeans in the winter and either golf slacks or cargo shorts all summer. I checked ''Who cares'' At 70 I have a easy excuse anyway

Last edited:
Reactions: Ortler, SalemRose, Tine and 7 others
Been 24/7, U-IC for a very long time. Unless, I am during a skin dry-out time, I am wearing.

Your GF is stating the truth!!

Reactions: SalemRose, HalMidLife, Diprs2 and 2 others
Disposable diapers seem to hide pretty well. My only fear is that the waistband will poke out, so I’ve taken to wearing onesies when I leave the house in diapers. If anybody’s ever seen anything, they’ve had the sense not to tell me.

Reactions: SalemRose, LifeGoesOn223, Chrissie and 5 others
Elros said:
Your GF is correct.

Reactions: SalemRose, Diprs2, Edgewater and 2 others
Y'all aren't helping my argument with my girlfriend 😜.

Thank you for all the answers and insight. To answer what I think normal is (for me): cargo shirts, long t-shirt, and (typically) megamax (unless she is evil and wants to put me into a trest). I've been wearing a button down shirt open over my t-shirt because it is longer. That is one part of what she thinks is ridiculous. I've also lost a good amount of weight and continue to wear larger clothes in thoughts that it hides everything better. She despises this and tells me I need to buy new clothes and that nobody will notice either way. I suppose, In the end, I knew she'd win this argument.

• Haha
Reactions: SalemRose, Diprs2, Edgewater and 2 others
I've had to wear pretty much for over 20 years now though it wasn't "full time" until the past 5 or 6 years. I always inspect myself before going anywhere and no, people can't tell that I am wearing a diaper. One of my lifelong friends asked me why I wasn't wearing as I was getting into his brand new, gold plated truck ($90k truck!) and I pulled the side of my pants down to show him that I indeed was wearing. When someone you grew up with and have been friends with for 40+ years can't tell you're wearing, neither can anyone else. The funny part (to me at least) was that I was wearing a Megamax and shorts!

You're only serving to drive yourself crazy worrying about things that you have ZERO control over. Focus on what you can control and pay as little mind to what you can't control as is feasible. You'll find you're enjoying yourself a hell of a lot more that way.

CptKirk

• Love
Reactions: bunnyhopps, SalemRose, Lethdale and 6 others
There are some situations whereI very much decide not to wear diapers out and about. These include regular doctor's appointments, visits at my waxing lady, lengthy family gatherings and when I have help from friends doing work on the house.

When doing grocery shopping or the like, I have no issues at all with wearing diapers. Although I do conceal them so I don't actually flash them to random strangers. But I don't care if anyone notices an unusual bulk.

When riding the motorcycle, diapers are a blessing due to the hassle of removing all the protective clothing just to pee.

Reactions: Ortler, Edgewater, CLPP and 2 others
I wear and wet my diapers all the time in public/at work. No one knows...I think,,,if they do know, I am not treated any differently. Generally, appropriate pants, untucked shirt, sweater, or sport coat sufficiently conceals the bulge of my wet diaper. A few drops of baby powder scented oil in my diaper keeps me smelling fresh, clean, and pleasant. Yesterday I was wet for 12 hours without incident, thank you NS pink MegaMax diaper. After I change my wet and messy morning diaper, a Little Kings, I think I will go for another Little Kings for the office.

Reactions: Ortler, Edgewater, Diprs2 and 2 others
so, unless your wearing skin tight spandex, or like a one piece swimsuit i dont think anyone is going to notice.

I think 95% of the people wouldnt notice someone walking around in nothing but a diaper or naked... :)

But, in all seriousness I wear for need and wear all the time, and before i was in a wheelchair most the time, i still wore out in public and i'll say that even my GF couldnt tell if i was wearing a thin pad or a megamax under my normal clothes, and i ususally wear shorts and a t-shirt, so nothing special.

And if anyone does see they will think your wearing for IC needs like i have to, and that is what your supposed to do as an adult, wear the diaper to keep things from getting full of urine and be kind to others out in public.

If someone see your wearing a diaper then really who cares, and it's not a big deal, like no different than if you wear no underwear or if you go with boxer briefs who cares.

Dont worry what others think about your underwear and wear what you want to, period.

now, prob not wear a full pair of spreader pants locked on in public like the ones from germany, that might be a bit much :)

Reactions: LittleTyke, Diprs2, Edgewater and 3 others
Elros said:
People are oblivious and go about their day, all wrapped up in themselves and things that they are doing like looking at their phone or whatever. I use a North Shore. Megamax diaper or a. Bed dry REARZ . They are nice thick bulky diapers. I’m not too concerned with trying to wear baggy clothes to hide my diaper. I’ll just wear a regular pair of khaki pants, jeans or shorts. If people were going to stare at your crotch for a while they could maybe tell if you were wearing a thick, premium diaper and, you had urinated in it for several times. But most people are oblivious and won’t notice so I’m not concerned myself for trying to con the diaper if it has a fairly big bulge in the front and I have diaper but even if someone who is a stranger notices, I’ll never see them again. My female, coworkers girlfriend, and a few other friends knows that I wear a diaper for overactive bladder, and Urge incontinence as well.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
Elros said:
People are oblivious and go about their day, all wrapped up in themselves and things that they are doing like looking at their phone or whatever. I use a North Shore. Megamax diaper or a. Bed dry REARZ . They are nice thick bulky diapers. I’m not too concerned with trying to wear baggy clothes to hide my diaper. I’ll just wear a regular pair of khaki pants, jeans or shorts. If people were going to stare at your crotch for a while they could maybe tell if you were wearing a thick, premium diaper and, you had urinated in it for several times. But most people are oblivious and won’t notice so I’m not concerned myself for trying to con the diaper if it has a fairly big bulge in the front and I have diaper but even if someone who is a stranger notices, I’ll never see them again. My female, coworkers girlfriend, and a few other friends knows that I wear a diaper for overactive bladder, and Urge incontinence as well.

Reactions: Edgewater and Elros
It’s not as black and white as yes/ no. It depends what kind of diaper you’re wearing, what you’re wearing over it, what you’re doing and on who sees you. Some people absolutely can tell, I have noticed people wearing a diaper in public before but I expect I am more tuned into that kind of thing than your average person. A lot of people wouldn’t even consider somebody might be wearing a diaper so aren’t likely to notice it unless it was completely obvious, which is probably the most likely outcome of wearing a diaper. I have worn diapers in public in the past and as far as I’m aware nobody ever noticed. I did always ensure I wore clothes that would hide it as best as possible though, so a dress or a long coat or oversized hoody etc which covered the crotch area as best as possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater, elaleman, diaperbutt09 and 5 others
It's certainly possible. However, it's unlikely. I'll use myself as an example. I've never noticed an adult wearing a diaper. Have I been around them? Undoubtedly, yes. I'm convinced the reason why i haven't seen them is because I am not looking to see if an adult is wearing a diaper.

The masses among the unsuspecting public who aren't looking for an adult diaper and don't care to do so are not going to generally notice. If anyone does, it's none of their business.

Reactions: Edgewater, PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and 2 others
Normally no. I have been incontinent my whole life and when I went to a sleepover someone found I was in a diaper in middle school. Nobody knew I was in diapers in the daytime but I was, we had tests where the teacher would lock the door and we could not leave the room, that and just being concentrated on work would often have me "Baby wet" where I do not even know I am wetting until I feel it.

Typically I have a few minute's warning until I wet my pants but when I am concentrated on things I often get no warning at all and start to wet my diaper which I call "Baby wetting" because it is back to when I was not potty trained and would just wet without knowing. I have always had to be in diapers when I sleep I normally wet the bed without realizing it but often I will just ignore the urge to go because I am a DL.

\

Reactions: Edgewater, PadPhilosopher and Diprs2
Back