Can incontinence be avoided??

Makena I think it safe to say you are incontinent based on your prior posts, but only your urologist can really make the medical diagnosis to make it official.

But either way you are at least now diaper dependant since you need to wear 24/7.

I wore diapers regularly before my back injury, I always knew when I needed to pee and would have to concentrate to empty my bladder into my diaper.
After my back injury I started wearing diapers 24/7 using the back injury as an excuse to wear diapers.
Within a year I found myself wetting my diapers more frequently and the ability to keep from doing so had slowly disappeared.
I went to my primary doctor who sent me to a urologist, who put me through a crap load of tests, results came back as nerve damage to bladder and bladder is hyperactive due to small capacity.
Was offered pills, tried them, after affects where worst than the problem, was offered an operation to try and fix nerves, given a 50/50 chance of walking afterwards, told my doctors I would rather wear diapers and be able to walk than spend the rest of my life in s wheelchair.
The more I wore diapers the less control I had and now if I don’t have a diaper on my pants will soon be wet and or messy.

Reactions: alwayz
I like a second option. To confirm with rob110 that I am incontinence. But only the doctors. Can say for sure. Which I guess you can't. Just say you are. Out of the blue and I assume everyone on the incontinence page has had a doctor make it yes. So everyone can't make fun or shame you

mayhem said:
I don't know how that would have any impact other than just going when you need to go. It's impossible to lose control other than psychosomatic training.
she wants you to lock yourself in the bathroom.. I cannot spend any time away from home without wearing a diaper. sad but true. I've tried to go without but the attempt failed miserably. I have to pee at least 2 to 3 times an hour. how can a person who is incontinent go without some form of protection. Its quite like asking someone who needs a cane to go without it.

Reactions: ChocChip
lonnie said:
I wore diapers regularly before my back injury, I always knew when I needed to pee and would have to concentrate to empty my bladder into my diaper.
After my back injury I started wearing diapers 24/7 using the back injury as an excuse to wear diapers.
Within a year I found myself wetting my diapers more frequently and the ability to keep from doing so had slowly disappeared.
I went to my primary doctor who sent me to a urologist, who put me through a crap load of tests, results came back as nerve damage to bladder and bladder is hyperactive due to small capacity.
Was offered pills, tried them, after affects where worst than the problem, was offered an operation to try and fix nerves, given a 50/50 chance of walking afterwards, told my doctors I would rather wear diapers and be able to walk than spend the rest of my life in s wheelchair.
The more I wore diapers the less control I had and now if I don’t have a diaper on my pants will soon be wet and or messy.
I have accepted the need to wear some form of protection. For the most part I wear diapers and change them as needed throughout the day. I'm tired of having to change them but accept the need for them.. If I'm not going anywhere and have access to the bathroom I wear commercial incontinence products like pads or underwear, but most of the time I wear a diaper.

Rob110 said:
Makena I think it safe to say you are incontinent based on your prior posts, but only your urologist can really make the medical diagnosis to make it official.

But either way you are at least now diaper dependant since you need to wear 24/7.
Having been a nurse for nearly 20 years, I am concerned about becoming a lab rat; I do not know the interactions with other meds I need to take and to have probes and other invasive procedures done that could have adverse effects. I have had problems with my kidneys such as recurrent UTI, and hydro nephrosis, and traumatic injury from a motorcycle accident. I will not add insult to injury. Diapers are far less invasive.

alwayz said:
she wants you to lock yourself in the bathroom.. I cannot spend any time away from home without wearing a diaper. sad but true. I've tried to go without but the attempt failed miserably. I have to pee at least 2 to 3 times an hour. how can a person who is incontinent go without some form of protection. Its quite like asking someone who needs a cane to go without it.

It's a simple fact that you cannot lose control from simply wearing diapers. His incontinence nurse is very uneducated or does not keep up to date with current scholarly findings.

Reactions: Deleted member 47221
So is rob110 correct that I might be incontinence. Based on peeing alot. Can only. Hold for maybe 20 to 25 mins hard to empty the bladder

Back