Buying kids' clothes dilemma

DiaperedIzzy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Every time I look online for clothes to buy, almost none of the adult sized clothes seem cute enough, so I look at the kids' clothes. I love the way they look and feel, and sometimes I actually enjoy looking at myself in the mirror. But every time I get some, I feel like a disgusting freak. It feels like an ultimate taboo, and part of me wants to throw it all away. If I don't get some, I get depressed over wanting them so bad. It feels like I just can't win. Is this normal? Should I just give this all up, and try to grow up?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Freefinallydone, Tinklepanties, longallsboy and 5 others
Same thing happens to me but I’m scared if I wear them that’s everybody will that they are kids clothes! I’ve got a few kids clothes items and wear them in everyday outfits :)

• Love
Reactions: longallsboy, Seasonedcitizen and BobbiSueEllen
I still fit into kids’ clothes and they’re pretty much all I wear. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it, people will probably find you cute at best, quirky at worst. I’m wearing a dress designed for 12-year-old girls as I write this, and feel nothing but cute as I do so. Wear what you want and don’t concern yourself with others’ opinions.

Reactions: Furrytum, Bigbabybret, longallsboy and 6 others
I'm not sure how to formulate my response to this well, but I'll share my thoughts/experience with kids clothes. Do I think there's anything wrong with wearing kids clothes? Absolutely not, they're just clothes. By this point majority of my clothes are from the girls section. Not only are they cuter than most women's clothes but they're also a lot cheaper so it saves a few bucks here and there. Every now and then I'll splurge on more kids cothes either try styles that I haven't worn before or to try to see what my limits are for sizing. The bottoms for me fit just fine. It's the tops that I have trouble with due to having well toned arms. Whenever I try dresses or shirts I feel like it's very hit/miss. When it's a miss I deeply get the feeling that you described. Not only are my arms tones but I'm also a trans girl. On these misses it looks goofy or weird, leaning towards creepy (in my eyes) because well kids usually aren't as muscular as I am. That leads me to fealing like it would be just fuel for bigoted people to try and harass me and say that I'm a dude trying to act like little girl, or whatever bs they usually try to come up with. To minimize this feeling I make a deal with myself to only wear stuff that actually fits out in public and only wear the stuff that would look weird in public while I'm at home. Knowing that my roommate (who fully understands my ic problems and little side) and I would be the ones who would ever see me in them helps to somewhat eliminate the freak feeling because I wouldn't be putting myself in any situation where it would be a problem in the first place. When it comes to kids clothes looking too childish, I totally ignore that aspect of it and don't care what people think. I think cute fits me so I own it. So anyways, you're not alone and I hope this helped in some way.

Reactions: Tinklepanties, KittyninjaW, Prillprillprill and 5 others
(A) They'll get more, that's what stores do;
(2) Kids rapidly wear out kids' clothes and/or outgrow them, whereas petite adults don't, so;
(d) If they fit and you like 'em...buy an' wear 'em! 🥰🤗🎀🍼🧸

Reactions: Tinklepanties, foxkits, KittyninjaW and 4 others
DiaperedIzzy said:
Every time I look online for clothes to buy, almost none of the adult sized clothes seem cute enough, so I look at the kids' clothes. I love the way they look and feel, and sometimes I actually enjoy looking at myself in the mirror. But every time I get some, I feel like a disgusting freak. It feels like an ultimate taboo, and part of me wants to throw it all away. If I don't get some, I get depressed over wanting them so bad. It feels like I just can't win. Is this normal? Should I just give this all up, and try to grow up?
You might try buying some kids clothes and just wearing them around the house to begin with and wear adult clothes when you go grocery shopping, etc. if wearing kids clothes in public is uncomfortable for you.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
PinkAndLittle said:
I'm not sure how to formulate my response to this well, but I'll share my thoughts/experience with kids clothes. Do I think there's anything wrong with wearing kids clothes? Absolutely not, they're just clothes. By this point majority of my clothes are from the girls section. Not only are they cuter than most women's clothes but they're also a lot cheaper so it saves a few bucks here and there. Every now and then I'll splurge on more kids cothes either try styles that I haven't worn before or to try to see what my limits are for sizing. The bottoms for me fit just fine. It's the tops that I have trouble with due to having well toned arms. Whenever I try dresses or shirts I feel like it's very hit/miss. When it's a miss I deeply get the feeling that you described. Not only are my arms tones but I'm also a trans girl. On these misses it looks goofy or weird, leaning towards creepy (in my eyes) because well kids usually aren't as muscular as I am. That leads me to fealing like it would be just fuel for bigoted people to try and harass me and say that I'm a dude trying to act like little girl, or whatever bs they usually try to come up with. To minimize this feeling I make a deal with myself to only wear stuff that actually fits out in public and only wear the stuff that would look weird in public while I'm at home. Knowing that my roommate (who fully understands my ic problems and little side) and I would be the ones who would ever see me in them helps to somewhat eliminate the freak feeling because I wouldn't be putting myself in any situation where it would be a problem in the first place. When it comes to kids clothes looking too childish, I totally ignore that aspect of it and don't care what people think. I think cute fits me so I own it. So anyways, you're not alone and I hope this helped in some way.
I'm a lot the same. I guess it's more of a morality thing for me. I haven't come out in public yet, so it's going to be a while before I have to seriously judge myself.

• Wow
Reactions: longallsboy and BobbiSueEllen
ya know i look at some styles of clothing for kids, toddlers and infants and i noticed not many are recreated in adult sizes

Reactions: LittleMissPink
There's an article on the web (actually several) where adults buy kids clothes to save money. If I want a pair of pants, it would cost $30+ for me in the mens department and probably be too big ...or I could just buy the boys version for a third of that and it would fit me perfectly. 99% of my clothes are kids clothes. I never really "grew" into adult clothes.

Now I don't go out in public obviously dressed as a baby. (I keep those clothes for home.) But I do what I can get away with. Velcro shoes, elastic waist pants with no fly like toddlers wear while knowing I'm dressed from head to toe in kids sizes is the best. :love:

Reactions: longallsboy, Tinklepanties, pdiapered and 1 other person
DiaperedIzzy said:
my previous post on girls clothes

I love my little wardrobe & wear it out a lot.
Either just one piece, a full outfit or a dress.
I've sometimes even put together an outfit & after getting dressed realized I wasn't wearing a single piece of adult clothing, lol.

I do not keep my "adult" and "girls" clothes separated, they are just my clothes.
Sometimes I have to check the size label to see which is which cause some of my girls clothes look 100% adult and some adult clothes look like they came from the girls section, lol.

Like I said it me earlier post above, women shop in the girls section more then you realize, its just a thing and nothing to be ashamed of.

I have posted a similar reply on ADISC, but I'll reply here, too. I still fit into boy's size XL (usually XL Husky) and wear many of those items regularly. They are less expensive and seem to fit me as well or better than similar adult pieces of clothing. I purchase "normal-looking" boy's clothes to wear out in public and have done that most/all of my adulthood. Anything "cute" or "little" I save for at home in privacy--and I do have some. I've never experienced any public comments about how I am dressed and I'm certainly not ashamed of what I buy to wear; I consider that my normal.

I wish the best for those worried for themselves over this.

Fangs said:
ya know i look at some styles of clothing for kids, toddlers and infants and i noticed not many are recreated in adult sizes
Yeah, I was looking on the web for Frozen themed clothing, and found tons of stuff for toddlers, but very little for older kids and almost nothing for adults, it’s like people assume when you grow up you must stop liking fun things.

Autiesaurus said:
Yeah, I was looking on the web for Frozen themed clothing, and found tons of stuff for toddlers, but very little for older kids and almost nothing for adults, it’s like people assume when you grow up you must stop liking fun things.
Didja check Etsy? :unsure:

Reactions: Tinklepanties, pdiapered and Ranma
You'd be surprised at home many adults buy children's clothing. I know petite women who will shop exclusively in the girl's section for clothing and shoes and they save a tonne of money. Especially in the UK where you don't pay tax on a lot of children's clothing.

One of my favourite shops for boy's clothing is M&S in the UK. They are a bit conservative in nature and many would regard them as a bit stuck in past, but while that might be a major drag for a lot of people, it's actually good if you want kids clothing that looks like kids clothing and not just something a mini adult would wear.

My most recent purchase was these in size 15-16 (32 inch waist).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-06 200043.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-06 200043.png
    164.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot 2021-03-06 200009.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-06 200009.png
    115.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Love
Reactions: BBBen and BobbiSueEllen
When I compare my adult clothes with my ABDL clothes I shake my head; one drawer is full of colour and fun! The other drawer is boring and monotone.

ABDL for the win!

I think back to the late 90s when goth and emo was just starting up (the NIN/Manson style) and the goths would be made fun of; but they were confident and happy; in the end no one cared and goth and emo became popular and accepted.

I see styles today on line, such as TikTok... and ABDL has a place and a shot and being not-so-unusual.

Belle is the most popular girl on tiktok and kids love her style. She has worn Little For Big onesies... she is setting trends and they are ABDL friendly

FE349F65-2ED3-4818-910C-25C204CEB231.png

Reactions: Furrytum, BBBen, Tinklepanties and 1 other person
BobbiSueEllen said:
Didja check Etsy? :unsure:
Oooh, no I didn't, that's a great idea, don't know why I didn't think of it!

• Love
I am a married woman and I have a 2-year-old daughter, and still look like a 15-year-old girl, I am also wants to wear kids clothes to look more younger but I can't because I am a mother also, I buy my daughter clothes through My Sky Moment Discount Codes mostly, If you look younger so do what ever you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: longallsboy and BobbiSueEllen
What you wear in your own home is only your business. Wear the straight clothes outside and at home be the child or in my case, the woman part of me. I take the plushie dog shopping with me and tell the greeters that it is my stress therapy dog.

Reactions: Tinklepanties
I haven't been able to find any kids clothing that fits me. I mean I can stretch out a t shirt but its not at all comfortable. So many kids cloths that are just to cute that I'd love to wear but sadly I am too big.

• Wow
Reactions: BBBen, LittleMissPink and BobbiSueEllen
MickeyM said:
I haven't been able to find any kids clothing that fits me. I mean I can stretch out a t shirt but its not at all comfortable. So many kids cloths that are just to cute that I'd love to wear but sadly I am too big.
Same. For me I am like just out of size for the largest girls or boys sizes. I swear they make them smaller now too. Because I still have a pair of shorts from when I was a boys and have been wearing them to this day and they still fit. But now it's just not gonna happen with the modern day children's clothes.

Last edited:
Back