Botox is now a problem

Pino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Today i had a visit at my urologist, primarily for scheduling the new Botox treatment, which is three appointments.

She told me she does it from now only for "privat" patients, which i am not. So i can't get the treatment on my insurance any longer at her office, only at the hospital.

Hospital means: One-night-stay, full anesthesia, rigid cystoscope and a Foley catheter afterwards

Last time in the hospital was not that funny.
The last two injections were done in ten minutes at her office with no pain or anything at all.

This is a downer and i need to think about doing it again now.

The reason for denying it is that they use "one-time-cystospcope" now for it. Ridiculous, i never had problems with UTI.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Edgewater
Hello Pino,

I think there are also other urologists who do this on an outpatient basis. The same applies to some clinics. I think you will have to make some phone calls. I suspect that the real problem will be finding a prompt appointment ...

Reactions: Pino and Edgewater
Is this because the risk of UTI or retention or perhaps both? Time to search for another urologist.

Maybe the effects of Insurance Companies pressuring (High Insurance Costs) Doctors /Clinics to move this procedure to a Hospital as a means of limiting liability claims!?!?

That sucks. Don't know about Germany's health care system @Pino , sounds like you should appeal (hardship in finding another doctor, and disruption to you), or have your GP refer/find another clinic in your area.

Last edited:
Well that sounds aweful
was the Botox helpful?

My urologist brought up Botox as an option just so I had all the information but said it's 50-50
and I was like well that's not so bad
and he's like no 50% it gets better 50% it gets worse
needless to say I didn't go for Botox

mickdl said:
Hello Pino,

I think there are also other urologists who do this on an outpatient basis. The same applies to some clinics. I think you will have to make some phone calls. I suspect that the real problem will be finding a prompt appointment ...
I am doing that already, my next two hospitals both said they do it with rigid ones and with overnight stay. I do not like to do that for many reasons and i personally think that it is absurd, because it works fine in just 30 minutes time at my urologist. I do not need a prompt appointment, i asking for July. Wearing diapers is not that bad for me usually, but during the summer i like to go as light as possible.

My insurance will pay a part of it, so i "only" have to pay 300 Euro additional, i think i will do that, even money is short these days.
( I am not able to work really and this year i have to pay my insurance by myself for earning more than 5000 Euro last year.)

I still think the alternative is ridiculous.

SparkyDog said:
Well that sounds aweful
was the Botox helpful?

My urologist brought up Botox as an option just so I had all the information but said it's 50-50
and I was like well that's not so bad
and he's like no 50% it gets better 50% it gets worse
needless to say I didn't go for Botox
Hi, it works for several weeks well, but i do have to catheter for some time either. That is not for everybody, but personally i am O.K. with ISC.

Back