Black Friday Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

30stm

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Now that we’re almost a week out, was thinking we should have a centralized Black Friday thread. This can be it or someone else can start one, but would make life easier if there was one for everyone.

30stm said:
Now that we’re almost a week out, was thinking we should have a centralized Black Friday thread. This can be it or someone else can start one, but would make life easier if there was one for everyone.
ABU, Tykables and maybe Bambino.
Does Rearz do Black Friday?

Nowididit said:
Does Rearz do Black Friday?
@RearzJacob was mentionning:
Look out for some Black Friday Deals tomorrow at Rearz.ca! Sales go live at noon.
On a profile post, earlier today (I still struggle to understand the different kinds of posts, so I inadvertently jumped into the discussion, really sorry for that). I don't know everyone here, yet, so it might not answer your question directly.

Last edited:
Ours are now live globally, we brought it forward several days to coincide with the restocks of Little Kings & AlphaGatorZ that are arriving

Reactions: Tommy10, Changes500 and TaoHeart
You can save with Rearz Black Friday Sales Now! At Rearz.ca/black-friday
Up to 90% OFF - Some Deals to note
We have a whole category of items on for only $1USD - https://rearz.ca/black-friday/1usd/
A category for 50% off or more - https://rearz.ca/black-friday/50-off-or-more/
We are also doing 15% off all Rearz Diaper bags and varying discounts on the cases.

If you have any questions about the sales let me know!

Attachments

• Black-Friday-90%-off-2048x2048.jpg
    Black-Friday-90%-off-2048x2048.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Black-Friday-Price-Guarantee-2048x2048.jpg
    Black-Friday-Price-Guarantee-2048x2048.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: Sheepies, Lumos and TaoHeart
RearzJacob said:
We have a whole category of items on for only $1USD - https://rearz.ca/black-friday/1usd/
We are also doing 15% off all Rearz Diaper bags and varying discounts on the cases.

You just made me super excited!!! I am in need of a new paci so bad!!!! How much does shipping run?!?!

WarriorPrincess said:
You just made me super excited!!! I am in need of a new paci so bad!!!! How much does shipping run?!?!
Depends, can you send me a direct message so we can discuss this and not clog up this thread?
We do offer free shipping to Canada & USA on orders $60+ - Rearz.ca/free-shipping

Last edited:
Reactions: WarriorPrincess
I've been on both sides of the cart "sort of speak". I'm glad I don't have to work Thanksgiving night or work super early on Black Friday. Now I work at a hardware store who wants Nail guns, Drills, Drywall, Wood or anything like that a hardware store would sell for Christmas?

I'm no ba-humbug, but I always thought the "Black Friday" thing was a farce, scam, gimmick, ploy, lure, or chumming the waters, so to speak to get sales up.

There's a known rule in business. A business wouldn't be in business giving away its product, or it wouldn't be a business. It would be a charity or non-profit. A business is called a business because they want to stay in business to make money, not lose money.

Oh, I'll mind my business. Let's jack up the prices, then put them on sale (tee-hee) when they bought it for a joke, to begin with.

My dad always said, "Nothing in life is for free."

be careful! (Oh, storage rooms are just buying the product over and over and over again when paying storage rent. Think. Then dump. Save money!

@Wondercrinkee Not sure I'd consider it a scam or the likes, but I understand your point. I'm sure from a retailer perspective, doing a Black Friday Sale is also a complex decision. Lots of customers are looking forward to it, so you do have to take that into consideration on whether you partake in that event or not. (advertising a sale can cost a lot) Then you have to chose which products to discount and by how much. You'll usually try to find the right balance of products you want to move, product people might care about, how much of a discount to give (which is, in theory, reducing your profit margin, but then again, if the product sits in your warehouse, it doesn't make you any money). Some retailers might, sometimes, jack up prices, but I highly doubt it's the kind of retailers we'll find here since it's a niche market, unless you consider a retailer profit margin as "jacking up the price," but if that's your point, I'd totally disagree... Being a retailer involves lots of operational costs of all kinds and being a business, they need to be cash positive and ideally, make money on top of it.

If you look at both ABU and Rearz Black Friday sale, their items are fairly priced and you can get a good feel of which items they want to move and how well each item usually sell. They must've put lots of thought into it. At the same time, they're not doing "crazy sales," two items I got from Rearz, last week, are now on sale and all in all, I would've only saved around 15$ (out of 60$), which is, to me, a good sign that they're not "jacking up" their regular prices.

Reactions: Woncrinklz and ABUMichaelUK
This year the deals seem a bit underwhelming. ABU, my go-to, is only 10% off. Better than a kick in a non-diapered butt I suppose.

Reactions: littleluvs
@TaoHeart Oh, yes, I agree with you about Rearz and similar ones. But some are not deals.

I find it all goofy. I worked in retail for 15 years. I also had been in business, and I totally agree with you about balancing out what to charge after considering rent, sales materials like space, shelving, storage, employees, taxes, wages, profit, projections for the year, deductions, and expense margins, loss deductions for the tax credit, and accounting hassles. Oh, it's a pain. But I hate the BUY BUY BUY.

I do, as a consumer, though, really enjoy the "deals" since I have no choice but to pay for what they ask. Most repeat customers know what their favorite item costs are, so I see the "fun" in it.

The sad thing about diapers is, sales are limited to the type/brand version and SIZE. I noticed certain sizes sell out faster than others. So sales things are kind of a pressure to run and get it before they sell out on favorite diapers.:unsure:🤭 But it's worse when one lives paycheck to paycheck. lol.

Reactions: WarriorPrincess
Wondercrinkee said:
The sad thing about diapers is, sales are limited to the type/brand version and SIZE. I noticed certain sizes sell out faster than others. So sales things are kind of a pressure to run and get it before they sell out on favorite diapers.:unsure:🤭 But it's worse when one lives paycheck to paycheck. lol.
I must admit, I still have a limited understanding of that part. So far, I've only bought a few samples to give me an idea of what I like and don't like, what models and brands work better for me, or not, so... The cost was still quite reasonable, but I definitely see how expensive it can become.

Funny thing about Black Friday is that it seems to be an event that even small retailers don't always like that much. A few friends of mine are small business owners and they've shared how stressful it can become. They already don't make that much profit on the products they sell, but then people expect extra deals, but since the profit margins isn't that big, it can only make sense if the sale volume is also there, but for that, you have to invest into marketing and hope peopel will show up. Or... You can count on returning customers, but then again, not all business models work great for that... Anyhow... It's a weird event... But I'm still grateful for the small business that partake in it, it sometimes gives the opportunity to discover things you would never have considered getting, otherwise.

• Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz
Already checked out some of the sales, as usual most high capacity diapers, large and xl are sold out .
it would be nice if a sale had inventory to support it, instead of just being something to get you in the door.
you suppliers know what I am referring to. Bait and switch is illegal .
having a minimum inventory at the start of a sale is bad business .

Reactions: CptKirk
Who are you looking at and where? Just checked our US stock and PAB XL & XL+ for example have plenty of available packs

Reactions: Deleted member 66602
RearzJacob said:

RearzJacob. Can you tell me when the UK will be getting some of the Critter Caboose nappies? Will Nappies R Us be selling them?

ABUMichaelUK said:
Who are you looking at and where? Just checked our US stock and PAB XL & XL+ for example have plenty of available packs
I didn’t want to call out specifically but, one vender has updated their inventory since their sale started and the other will only sell bags or a sample
of dinosaur’s in those sizes.

Last edited by a moderator:
ABUMichaelUK said:
i have always thought of those as a moderate capacity diaper.

quarktheory said:
I didn’t want to call out specifically but, one vender has updated their inventory since their sale started and the other will only sell bags or a sample
of dinosaur’s in those sizes.
@quarktheory I don’t think it’s about calling out, as long as you only share what you’ve observed, without making accusations, you’re still only trying to understand what happened. Since @ABUMichaelUK and @RearzJacob are both company representative, if there was an issue with the inventory or the sale, they’ll be concerned about it and will likely look into what happened, on their end. That’s why it’s likely important, to them, to understand what you’re referring to, so they can look into it (if they feel like it). Otherwise, you’re just making vague statements that might, potentially, negatively impact the perception people have of their company, without giving them enough information to investigate the issue.

On a side note, I never had the chance to look closely at the dinosaur's... They're really nice!! Thank you :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 66602 and ABUMichaelUK
Timelines of product arrival are ever shifting and shipments can come forward or back so inventory will get updated as that happens. If you order and then something else you want comes into stock just ask the retailer to combine the orders- any good company will happily merge it all together to save your shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back