BKN Nappies UK. Seams they're real after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah they are quite thick. They almost feel wet (in shape) when you first put them on!

Also, I just want to disclose: if indeed the BKN site turns out to be a scam (I don't think it is, but just in case...) I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH THEM. Just posting my samples to help you guys make your own decisions. :)

Another update: after a full day of wetting, I've found the SAP to be very similar to Pampers in that it doesn't clump and becomes very mushy internally when soaked. I stayed remarkably dry through most of the day, and woke up with a dry bed (no overnight leakage due to SAP settling or overflow). It seems that BKN has a good product on their hands here. I'm leaning toward using this manufacturer. Very impressed! Again my only concern is the tape size causing breaks and leg irritation.

They look and sound pretty great. I've never been a fan of one-tape-per-side diapers, but the tapes on these look wide enough to work really well. Maybe if you stick the tapes at a slightly more upward angle, they'd be less likely to irritate bare flesh...?

Anyway, I'm not brave enough to risk ordering from the original site. A better idea might be for the vendor to use a third-party reseller (e.g. eBay, Amazon, Save Express, etc.) to provide a reliable sales platform and act as word-of-mouth for the brand. Eventually, once sales hit a critical level, you might be able to improve the customer experience on the original site, and drive traffic more towards that.

I think they look really cute, and I'd like to try some :)

Sadly the tapes are so big that aiming them "up" just makes them stray off the top of the waistband and irritates skin up there. :( They're so wide there's not a whole lot of option on how to place them.

These BKNs look awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

Did the manufatcturer just offer them to you CodyRush?

They sent them as examples of the work they can do for me. I would not expect they would offer them direct to private parties, only to perspective clients.

But you thought they were good? Worth a purchase? :)

What diapers are you thinking of making? Will they be available soon? Exciting ha ha

When I receive my sample I might have to do a bit of makeshift DIY and see if the tapes can be cut a little from the top or bottom if they are that bad! They look cool though! It's good they're are people like yourselves CodyRush and BKN actually making proper looking baby style nappies, The UK is very thin on these style of nappies.

Looking forward to seeing what design you eventually decide to go with! Please make them crinkle lol!
Good luck with you're project- Keep us informed on here!

"Soon" in product development terms is so wildly relative haha... But yes, I hope sooner than later. I'm aiming to please as many as possible with the diaper characteristics, but as you know, you can't please everyone. Some will say "it's not crinkly enough!" while others will say "I can't wear these around people, they're too crinkly!" But I hope you'll be happy with what we end up running with!

BKNs, in my opinion, are some of the finest functioning diapers I've used. Comfortable, modestly crinkly, outstanding capacity and absorption. Definitely worth a purchase to find out for yourself if you like them. I advise reinforcing the tapes with clear packing tape if you plan to wear one all day or during excessive activity.

Pluses: Great absorbency, stellar capacity, great durability, squishy SAP when wet, no clumping or disintegration, strong tape hold after multiple refastenings, comparable pricing to other premium brands.
Minuses: Not cheap, tapes are too tall, tapes can break off in the middle, design doesn't suit my tastes much, shipping from the UK anywhere else will be high.

Codyrush for me, if they were thick as a comficare or bambino, and as noisy as a Attends with waistband or dry comfort with cool looking Abdl prints then I'd be in nappy heaven! For me I'd be buying cases of them lol!
Good luck with the final result!

They do look good and I'm always looking for alternatives.

I was wondering if I could save on postage by picking them up from the seller but there isn't a contact email address on the site.

Those are beautiful. I always wanted modern, authentic-looking stuff.

So I contacted them via their form and they got back to me. When I mentioned if I could pick them up in person they went quiet and I've heard nothing more from them.

I decided to see if I could find them and that's when I hit a problem; namely the address where the domain is registered is bogus.

JessicaJune said:
So I contacted them via their form and they got back to me. When I mentioned if I could pick them up in person they went quiet and I've heard nothing more from them.

I decided to see if I could find them and that's when I hit a problem; namely the address where the domain is registered is bogus.

Eeek. Imagine if you placed an order -- they could just run off with your money and you'd never know where it had gone.

Maybe it's just a small unprofessional set-up... or maybe it's a deliberate scam...? :dunno:

Cool look and nice taping design. But a medium diaper that is only good for a waist 27'' to 34''. Seems like it is better suited to be a small/medium and not actually a medium. But I will watch them see how they do and if they come to the US. Hopefully they will make it.

Looks like BKN have upgraded their website and rebranded to ilikebabystuff
The nappies are here! Check it out....

ilikebabystuff.com

Mediums is all they have and they will be too tight on me according to their measurement.

bAByHerobrine said:
they take payment with paypal, if they were scamming i doubt theyd want to use paypal as their default option,

it seems our community is always so paranoid, skeptical, and judgmental.

the product isnt even out yet lets give them a chance.

i placed an order

just received an email that these have just shipped, due to arrive beginning of june :/

I"ve just received mine. They are the best nappies i've tried. Ever. They're now in stock on their website bknnappies.co.uk. Yesssssssssssssssss. lol

Be aware all the person above has posted to the forum relates to BKN. Not the first time they've pulled this stunt.

Given all their shady-as-fuck activity I'd recommend avoiding purchasing from these guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back