Biology question

Bombyx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I go to the bathroom and try and pee but only a little comes out. Then I zip up, go somewhere else, and the pee just flows out. Is that what other people experience, and can someone explain what causes this? Thanks.

Retention, overflow incontinence or perhaps something else? Please see a Urologist for your answers.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Pino, messydiaper and 3 others
Bombyx said:
I go to the bathroom and try and pee but only a little comes out. Then I zip up, go somewhere else, and the pee just flows out. Is that what other people experience, and can someone explain what causes this? Thanks.
Get your doctor to refer you to a urologist
they will run various tests
Could be all sorts of things
They will know after the tests

Reactions: Jorelaxed, messydiaper and I12BLittle89
BPH was causing me similar problems for years before I knew what was going on. See a urologist.

Reactions: Pino and messydiaper
Actually I did see a urologist who said the prostate was fine. He thinks it’s from something in my spinal cord. But I still don’t really understand how that explains what happens.

That would really make me worry. Did he go so far as to recommend visiting a neurologist?

I echo all the above opinions and see a urologist.

Reactions: Jorelaxed
Retention is the likely culprit. Try voiding sitting down. When finished, stand up and sit down three times, and then try to poee some more. Also, turn a sink faucet on while you're doing this. All these things MAY help the bladder to fully relax, allowing complete emptying.

Meanwhile, see a urologist, as others said.

I’m not a urologist so I can only tell you my personal experience with this issue. This has happened to me for two reasons: BPH and/or bacterial prostatitis, or inflammation of the prostate from a bacterial infection, similar to a urinary tract infection or UTI. Both of which are very scary, but easily treatable in most cases. You could start with an urgent care to get seen immediately and they would likely do a urine dip stick test and see if you have blood, protein, or others abnormalities. If you did need antibiotics they could get you started on them. It often takes a while to get into a urologist, especially as a new patient. Clearly, heed the advice on here and don’t delay getting evaluated by a licensed healthcare professional.

Bombyx said:
I had a similar problem saw a urologist it was a bladder infection 10 days with meds and I was fine again. I also have an enlarged prostate. But that wasn’t the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jorelaxed
Bombyx said:
Actually I did see a urologist who said the prostate was fine. He thinks it’s from something in my spinal cord. But I still don’t really understand how that explains what happens.
I do have issues with my back and some problems with polyneuropathy as well. When my back hurts i do get problems with retention sometimes, the pelvic floor tightens up to a point it gets really painful / difficult, peeing i barely possible than. (I do use catheters).
But sometimes when sitting down (and get into a relax position with my back), the pelvic floor and bladder decide to let go without asking me.

You should see a Neuro-Urologist.

Last edited:
@Pino, yes, that sounds like what I was experiencing. It's like there is retention and then the opposite of retention when it goes away. I wish I understood the nerve wiring better that causes this and could know when it was going to occur or prevent it.

Back