Best pacifiers for thumb suckers?

HoneyBabyy

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
I want so badly to find a pacifier that has a similar mouth feel to thumb sucking, as that's what's most relaxing to me. I have a standard orthodontic size 8 as well as the Fixx, and while the Fixx comes closest of the 2 and I like it, neither one really compares to sucking my thumb!

Do any fellow thumb suckers have any recommendations? What have you found that comes closest to imitating the feeling?

How does orthodontic sizing work?

I am a life-long thumb sucker.

I have tried several baby pacifiers and several adult pacifiers that I got so long ago that I have no idea where I got them.

I rarely use them.

None of them satisfied me like my thumb and unlike a pacifier, my thumb is never far away!

Reactions: TiniTed, LiddieBear, CLPP and 1 other person
I went the other way... I first of all became a habitual paci user (at the age of 30... it was a long time ambition of mine, but only was able to realise this when I was living alone and the NUK Medic Pro became available). Then, after a couple of years I was travelling without my paci and discovered that my thumb was a substitute. I rapidly became a habitual thumb-sucker, but like the paci, I managed to limit it to night-time only. At one stage I had quite a visible callus on my left thumb :)

When I had kids I made the decision to stop both the paci and the thumb, and it surprised me how easy it was. Now the kids are older and don't come into our bedroom, I have drifted back into using the paci - weirdly only while typing this I'm realising that I've not slept a single night without my paci for many months... I guess I'm a habitual user again. So far no sign of reverting to the thumb, probably because my paci is always to hand.

Reactions: HoneyBabyy
m68040 said:
When I had kids I made the decision to stop both the paci and the thumb, and it surprised me how easy it was.
I found this to be true for me as well.

Although I say I am a life-long thumb sucker, in truth I stopped for about three years when I was in the Army. I found it easy to stop and just as easy to start again after I was discharged.

How about a pacifier shaped like a thumb?

I ended up buying sever different styles and sizes before finding the size and style I really like.

I'm so happy that someone actually has thought of a solution to this. Although those pacis do look a bit strange, I'm sure that the designers kinda trial-and-errored their way to something marketable.

I recently spent like $120 on pacis from Pacifier Addict. One of them was broken. The latex one felt like way too far back. I use the silicone Fixx Jumbo now, but it took me like 2 months to get used to it compared to my Nuk 5. (That's the https://pacifieraddict.com/fixx-jumbo-adult-pacifier-pastel-baby-bottle/ under my mask).

Also, thumbsucking (by adults) in my opinion is absolutely adorable.

MiddleJacob said:
I'm so happy that someone actually has thought of a solution to this. Although those pacis do look a bit strange, I'm sure that the designers kinda trial-and-errored their way to something marketable.

I recently spent like $120 on pacis from Pacifier Addict. One of them was broken. The latex one felt like way too far back. I use the silicone Fixx Jumbo now, but it took me like 2 months to get used to it compared to my Nuk 5. (That's the https://pacifieraddict.com/fixx-jumbo-adult-pacifier-pastel-baby-bottle/ under my mask).

Also, thumbsucking (by adults) in my opinion is absolutely adorable.
Yeah, just blew my mind. Had no idea, custom paci. Well the young abdl's take home the golden pacifier.
Custom thumb sucker pacifier, kids these days 😉

• Love
Reactions: MiddleJacob
I suck my thumb occasionally but not as often now since I have pacifiers

Reactions: MiddleJacob
An adult sized one makes all the difference in the world. An adult pacifier vs an 18 month pacifier

Attachments

• IMG_20231118_164502.jpg
    IMG_20231118_164502.jpg
    529 KB · Views: 13
But but buT, most of us ABDL's "grew up" on Nuk 5. Transitioning to a monster Fixx 10 or any adult paci is actually harder than it seems. At least for me.

For real, it took me several actual months to get used to the larger teat and shield. The other pacis I ordered are pretty much a total loss as I can't imagine training for them after I've put in the effort on my Fixx Jumbo.

Not sure what to do with the other pacis I got. I have a Hedgehog one https://pacifieraddict.com/blue-fixx-adult-pacifier-hedgehog/. And an Adult size 7 Latex in red https://pacifieraddict.com/adult-size-7-latex-pacifier/. This last one arrived cracked but it's usable and it fits super dUpEr cute!

Back