Best diaper for a long road trip?

Of the following, which diaper would you wear on a day long road trip?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BabyZinga

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
This weekend, I need to drive for about 8 hours and cross into 3 different states. My plan was to pack a cooler so I did not have to worry about stopping for food on the road. Only planned stops are to refuel. I am trying to decide what diaper to wear for the trip and I thought I would post it as a poll for fun. I listed all the diapers I have currently in my stash ( I did not list the pack of Walgreens Certainty I have because the only certainty after wearing for 8 hours is that I would need to clean my vehicle’s upholstery). After voting, please comment below on what your favorite diaper is for extra long car rides!

8 hours???
thats tough

Avishir said:
8 hours???
thats tough
Some of my trips run 10 1/2 hours. This will be my first trip wearing a diaper for the entire time. Covid Makes me afraid to use public restrooms.

• Wow
Reactions: BAP21 and Avishir
Ask Lisa Nowak...if you can find her, LOL.

As for me, I'd have to say "Other". ;)

• Haha
Reactions: chrischrischris and BabyZinga
A megamax will handle that, not sure of ones mentioned as I haven’t used them.

Reactions: mramar, chrischrischris, AmberStarfield and 2 others
For a long road trip like that, I would be diapered in a Tykable or else a Dry 24/7 with a booster. And would defintiely have a pair of plastic or rubber panties on top just to be safe.

Reactions: Moicano and BabyZinga
BobbiSueEllen said:
Ask Lisa Nowak...if you can find her, LOL.

As for me, I'd have to say "Other". ;)
I seem to remember that at the time at least one person working for a diaper company mentioned that the products that she was reported to have used neither fit an adult, nor would they work. I’ve heard there is still some debate about whether the diaper portion of the story is true.

Goodnites used to work well on me when I was younger, but I’ve gained about sixty pounds (give or take since then) and now my bladder is too big for that to work anymore. After outgrowing goodnites I just improvise with garbage bags, multiple bath towels and/or multiple pairs of underwear. But that might not work for a long drive.

Tykeables Overnight or Little Rawrs supposedly have the best capacity on the market, but I have never quite been able to work up the nerve/guts to buy this type of product online. But if they live up to product claims they may work for this.

Reactions: BabyZinga and BobbiSueEllen
Northshore mega max or a little dreamer, I put my little in these if we are on extended drives. Wet or mess these hold up for a very long time.
Just this mommy’s two cents:)

Reactions: Pete, BabyZinga and NorthShoreAdam
AJFan2020 said:
I seem to remember that at the time at least one person working for a diaper company mentioned that the products that she was reported to have used neither fit an adult, nor would they work. I’ve heard there is still some debate about whether the diaper portion of the story is true.
It made great joke material, for sure and Lisa denies it emphatically, but whether that's accurate or she's hanging on her attorney's apron strings leaves the matter in limbo. At least SNL had a better-than-average skit about it..."Rocket Dipes". 🤣

Tykables and a booster go a long way and a lot of hydrating.

Reactions: BabyZinga
They are all very high capacity and quality, except lil monsters, which is lower capacity. I would choose whichever you feel is the most comfortable, which for me is either crinklz or pride.

Crinkles are a great option, tables are too. I've made several 15 hour trips with both. I would recommend both a booster and a diaper cover. Honestly, baby diapers make the best driving boosters IMHO. They hold a decent amount and you can simply pull it out at the gas station extending the life of your diaper.

Ita alsohelps to know the "sitting" limit of your diapers. It's different then the sleeping/playing limit. For me, the moment I start feeling it absorb up the back, I know it's time.

Crinklz or the tykables are a great choice but either way you probably will need a change part way depending on how often you pee to prevent a overstated leak if the diaper does not wick properly do to you being seated in the same position.

I've tried most of the listed diapers and I say Rearz Barnyard would be the best bet. They have good odor control, best than any other diaper I have used. The velcro tapes make it easy to readjust or remove for #2 if needed, they are super comfy and absorbent, and they are durable.

Barnyard would be my choice.

Reactions: Pete and BabyZinga
you've got a lot of options. Sitting is always the "least safe" position to be wetting your diaper in, in term of risk of leaking. But considering you want to be semi-active for 8 hours, go with something high sap so your skin doesn't get too irritated from being damp for that long.

Velcro could be an issue sitting for that long, if a tape migrates you'll have to at least pull over to adjust it. I'd stick with good adhessive tapes unless you expect to need to stop for #2.

My choice for long haul is Safari, though I'd be ok with a Baby Cutie or a Rearz Dinosaur.

Back