Best cloth booster material

Abdlchriscrinkle

I just want crinkly bum pats!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I would like some opinions on what people here think the best material for a cloth booster would be when it is against the skin all night, particularly against the soft sensitive skin of one's genitalia.

I have read here and there about how microfiber should not be directly against the skin, and how certain materials will irritate...

Just want to see what most people use. I would really like to hear from people that have sensitive skin like myself.

I use cloth doublers from Protex medical inside my pre-fold cloth diapers and have had no issues wearing them all night long. They provide the extra security of being so absorbent as I am a very heavy wetter.

Reactions: Abdlchriscrinkle
I think it comes down to personal preference and how each person reacts to the materials. Cloth diaper generate a lot of different opinions so it's best to do some experimenting for yourself.

I prefer cotton fabric and make my cloth diapers out of it since it is highly absorbent and has great wicking abilities. I also feel like cotton fabric is your safest bet; you probably have lots of clothing made from cotton and have no problem with it so stick with what works.

Also, the more fabric you use in your cloth diaper the more absorbent your cloth diaper will be. What will cause a lot of irritation issues is having wetness against the skin so making your diaper absorbent by adding lots of fabric to it will reduce wetness and irritation, regardless of the materials used.

The properties of the fabric itself can cause irritation, microfiber may to some be irritating to the skin, even when not wet or not used in cloth diapers. I find polyester fleece itchy and avoid that stuff whenever I can but others have no problems with it. You wont know until you try.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cottontail and Abdlchriscrinkle
I think what I meant to ask was;
Which cloth material is safest against the skin? The least irritating...

From what I've read, fleece seems to be the best material against the skin, as far as wicking and feeling dry. Any opinions?

Last edited:
Ferix said:
I prefer cotton fabric and make my cloth diapers out of it since it is highly absorbent and has great wicking abilities. I also feel like cotton fabric is your safest bet; you probably have lots of clothing made from cotton and have no problem with it so stick with what works.
I'll second this. Natural fabrics also tend to wash up better. I love the feel of polyester microfleece, minky, and other synthetic fabrics, and I have some diapers that use those. They're also, unfortunately, the diapers most likely to be stinky right out of the wash. :/

My favorite boosters are baby prefolds, the vast majority of which are cotton. If you want something full-length, Changing Times sells these:

My only gripe about the 10-ply adult diapers and boosters is that they take noticeably longer to dry than the 8-ply baby padding.

Reactions: neopet
Back