Benefits of nappies

When the incontinence got worse and getting wet spots on my pants diapers were the answer.

Not having the anxiety of worrying if I’ll wet the bed that night. Disturbing sleep and having a knock on effect during the day at work. Nappies are the security of knowing don’t have to worry about wet bed/sheets etc.

Nappies have their ups and downs.

Although I’m not incontinent and was not a late bedwetter, I have always had to get up once or twice in the night to wee.

Wearing a nappy to bed (and not waking up or remembering waking up when I wet) means I get a better night’s sleep.

Reactions: SAPexpanded
I’m beyond thankful for diapers. Without them I would have no life and would have to live on the toilet or have a catheter and wear a bag and colostomy bag. Neither Of those things do I want. I’ll take being diapered, including cleaning up even the messiest diapers. It’s all how you look at it in opinion.

I have to admit I do like being diapered now, especially now most washrooms have been closed due to the virus I met up with my boss a few months ago to grab some items he down for us and we met out side of a Tim Hortons and he had to pee badly but nothing was open so he had to drive an hour back to the office. I really felt bad for him as I had just peed so my bladder was empty and I could carry on with my day.

Reactions: Ebabyboy12
Rob110 said:
I have to admit I do like being diapered now, especially now most washrooms have been closed due to the virus I met up with my boss a few months ago to grab some items he down for us and we met out side of a Tim Hortons and he had to pee badly but nothing was open so he had to drive an hour back to the office. I really felt bad for him as I had just peed so my bladder was empty and I could carry on with my day.
I have to agree with you on this. Wearing diapers takes away all the worry. When we go on long car rides and my wife or kids say I have to go to the bathroom I’m like. Whoops I just did. Lol.

When my wife and did go on long trips would always wear diapers because could not make the next stop.

Reactions: surprise35
Comfort
Diaper design
Not having to use the toilet in the middle of something
Secure and safe
Absorbency for wetting and messing

All of these are benefits for diapers, I am not at all IC

Reactions: sport1
Tundra1975 said:
Incontinence does have its advantages. I can't tell you how many times I have been out and about and see other people making a desperate run for the bathroom because they are about to have an accident it their pants. I used to be that way but not any more since I became incontinent. Now a days, if I have an accident in public, it is not embarrassing because I am wearing a diaper and nobody knows I just peed or pooped my diaper. I recently ran out of my Nullo pills and need to get more soon so I can keep the poop smell away so when I have a messing accident in public, it is not obvious to everyone around me.
Incontinenece has its advantages, As a certaihn American Tennis player would say "You can't be serious". I for one can't think of a single advantage other than not wetting or soiling my clothes.

Nappies just make living a normal life acheivable

NotTheAverageMan said:
Not having to worry, I can relate to that, I'm so used now due to my incontinence, that when I do feel an urge, I'm basically going in the same moment. When walking the dogs together with my wife she usually complains that she need to per, despite she was on the loo before we went out (she's starting to have OAB problems), I just smile for myself, because I don't have to worry, in fact often, I had just wet myself before she started to complain, so diapers can be a positive....
NotTheAverageMan said:
Not having to worry, I can relate to that, I'm so used now due to my incontinence, that when I do feel an urge, I'm basically going in the same moment. When walking the dogs together with my wife she usually complains that she need to per, despite she was on the loo before we went out (she's starting to have OAB problems), I just smile for myself, because I don't have to worry, in fact often, I had just wet myself before she started to complain, so diapers can be a positive....
My wife is the same. I have jokingly said to her many times she can wear my nappies

TD712 said:
Comfort
Diaper design
Not having to use the toilet in the middle of something
Secure and safe
Absorbency for wetting and messing

All of these are benefits for diapers, I am not at all IC
The security is a big plus in avoiding big accident's.

Tundra1975 said:
Incontinence does have its advantages. I can't tell you how many times I have been out and about and see other people making a desperate run for the bathroom because they are about to have an accident it their pants. I used to be that way but not any more since I became incontinent. Now a days, if I have an accident in public, it is not embarrassing because I am wearing a diaper and nobody knows I just peed or pooped my diaper. I recently ran out of my Nullo pills and need to get more soon so I can keep the poop smell away so when I have a messing accident in public, it is not obvious to everyone around me.
I think that this is one of the most important aspects of dealing with IC is not focusing on the areas of the affliction that you may find distasteful, inconvenient, or unpleasant. Focusing on anything that you see as beneficial makes IC easier to live with. But then I guess that’s true of nearly everything in life, it’s all in your attitude. As they say “Life is 10% what comes at you and 90% what you do with it”.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I totally agree with you I sometimes get discouraged with being this way but it's not like cancer.

I’ve been dealing with bladder spasms for most of my life. I’ve worn diapers at night for years. I always considered wearing them during the day but avoided it. It always felt like I have a disability and wearing diapers more frequently would just add another thing to the list of things. I work in a big busy office and finding a bathroom is like finding one at a rock concert. I’ve got decent enough control but I still don’t trust my weak bladder muscles. It’s stressful.
I started wearing them during the day and it’s been great. I’m wondering why I didn’t do this years ago. It’s so much easier. I realize I’m finally ready to wear diapers 24/7 ish and give up peeing in a toilet. I’m not ready to use them for everything and I’m NEVER willingly pooping my pants in public, but I have a diaper I like that works for me, a discreet place to change, and I know myself enough to know when I need to change. A diaper is just like any other medical equipment and I’m ready to let it do it’s job.

I don’t wear a lot, mostly only putting one on at night and changing it the next afternoon. I have people who I don’t feel confident exposing myself to, and I am super conscious of having it be visible through my pants around others.

The main reason I wear is for comfort, it brings me a lot of mental happiness since I lack that often. It’s most convenient when I have to drink a lot of water and have to go every 30 minutes, especially away from home. The fear of embarrassment has just been to much for me to overcome and it really makes me sad.

NotTheAverageMan said:
I have had incontinence issues for the majority of my life and I am no stranger to nappies; for the last couple of years I have been 24/7 (see my other posts if you're interested) and I fully expect to stay that way for the rest of my life. My wife however, is totally the opposite; at night in particular, she has to get up and use the loo every night, sometimes twice or even occasionally three times. She would often complain about being disturbed from a sleep, muttering something to the effect of "Huh. It's all right for you - you don't have to get up to pee!" So I (jokingly) said that I would put her in nappies if she wanted. This elicited a foul mouthed rsponse! But a few days later she said that if I meant what I'd said, she would like to try wearing a nappy at night. So I bought a pack of Tena slip maxis in her size and padded her up that night. After a little initial difficulty in letting go while laying in bed, she finally succeeded, and the rest, as they say, is history. Since then. she has always slept in a nappy, wetting whenever she needs to, and going back to sleep. She gets back off to sleep almost immediately instead of tossing and turning for ages before finally going off again as she used to do. More recently, she has become a real DL, often wearing during the day simply to save the need to use the toilet. She especially likes wearing when we go out shopping, or to the theatre or cinema, or maybe a day out somewhere. She has also decided that next time we go on holiday she wants to try going 24/7.

We both appreciate the benefits of wearing nappies, either like me of necessity, or her out of convenience and pleasure.

• Haha
Reactions: Chrissie, sport1, AAO and 1 other person
TheWetOne said:
I have had incontinence issues for the majority of my life and I am no stranger to nappies; for the last couple of years I have been 24/7 (see my other posts if you're interested) and I fully expect to stay that way for the rest of my life. My wife however, is totally the opposite; at night in particular, she has to get up and use the loo every night, sometimes twice or even occasionally three times. She would often complain about being disturbed from a sleep, muttering something to the effect of "Huh. It's all right for you - you don't have to get up to pee!" So I (jokingly) said that I would put her in nappies if she wanted. This elicited a foul mouthed rsponse! But a few days later she said that if I meant what I'd said, she would like to try wearing a nappy at night. So I bought a pack of Tena slip maxis in her size and padded her up that night. After a little initial difficulty in letting go while laying in bed, she finally succeeded, and the rest, as they say, is history. Since then. she has always slept in a nappy, wetting whenever she needs to, and going back to sleep. She gets back off to sleep almost immediately instead of tossing and turning for ages before finally going off again as she used to do. More recently, she has become a real DL, often wearing during the day simply to save the need to use the toilet. She especially likes wearing when we go out shopping, or to the theatre or cinema, or maybe a day out somewhere. She has also decided that next time we go on holiday she wants to try going 24/7.

We both appreciate the benefits of wearing nappies, either like me of necessity, or her out of convenience and pleasure.
That is a great post.I had problems growing up last wet 13yr then great till my 2nd marriage and late 50's then started having accidents we talked and her having the last WORD been in diapers for along time she is very continent only a few accidents but she would NEVER return to diapers.I might also say when tested and found to have autism +dd she is now very controlling and makes most of the rules.

My incontinence is the result of a surgical mishap when I was 14 years old. I’m 79 now. I’ve never been reliably dry at night since the mishap. From between the ages of 14 and 17, I had to wear a diaper 24/7; and that together with the behaviour of my peers made my life during high school pretty miserable. However, my urologist advised me to do what nowadays are called Kegel exercises; and I was fanatical about doing them even more often than recommended. As a result, I got to the point where I could generally go without a daytime diaper by the time I went away to university. Things went on like that until I was in my 40s, at which point my daytime Issues worsened to the point that I once again needed round-the-clock protection. So I went back to wearing a diaper 24/7. A number of urologists have recommended that I wear a sheath connected to a leg bag instead of diapers, and I’ve tried various makes and models of the sheaths. However, I prefer diapers. I’ve come to enjoy how a diaper feels and even become a bit of a diaper lover. But the main attraction of wearing a diaper is that it allows me to do whatever I want to do whenever I want to do it without having to worry about visibly wetting my pants of pyjamas.

• Wow
Back