Being little in public?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LittleEnigma said:
I should clarify that i am Asexual, and have zero interest in either sex or kink! for me being little is about innocence and purity, and in know way sexual.
I'm the same way, that Littles for me is about innocence and purity. I was wondering if anyone wore blatant littles clothes in public and how to respond to potential ugly comments.

• Love
Reactions: mistykitty, LittleEnigma, SoCalSwitch and 1 other person
ShyGirl91 said:
I'm the same way, that Littles for me is about innocence and purity. I was wondering if anyone wore blatant littles clothes in public and how to respond to potential ugly comments.
You are more likely to find how little notice you will receive as even 'blatant littles clothes' bit are not totally noticed. Most people are far too busy to notice or to care that much. You are more likely to get noticed by teen girls than adults.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mistykitty, PaddedRita, LittleEnigma and 1 other person
Edgewater said:
You are more likely to find how little notice you will receive as even 'blatant littles clothes' bit are not totally noticed. Most people are far too busy to notice or to care that much. You are more likely to get noticed by teen girls than adults.
Thank you. I appreciate your feedback!

• Love
Reactions: PaddedRita, LittleEnigma and Edgewater
I have dressed full little a few times in public. It's not that big of a deal. No one really stares and if they do, I just stare back like a toddler that doesn't understand something, kinda funny. I've even been to both Disneyland and Disneyworld in full little mode with other littles. Everyone was so nice to us even treating us like little kids. A man that worked there brought us up in front of all the adults so we could sit on the curb with our stuffies for the parade with all the other little kids. No one cared. It's really all about attitude. When in little mode in public you just have to put on your toddler blinders and be in your own 'little' world.

• Love
Reactions: Rezzu, ABdrew, Albasion and 5 others
I will continue to dress myself as I see fit. I do make a conscious effort to not be obvious. I have all the little wear I desire, but it stays at home with a couple exceptions. I have some really adorable embroidered shirts from LKB that could pass as normal. I have some t-shirts that have graphics such as “Toddler-Sauras” and “Potty Training Is Overrated” that I wear out, but nobody really pays attention.

I have received more positive comments on my Lightning McQueen shirts by far. I also have received some comments on my Cars backpack (diaper bag) that are friendly and cute.

Be you, be positive, but don’t be overly obvious.

• Love
Reactions: LittleAndAlone, Edgewater, lilbabyjooce and 2 others
BAP21 said:
I have dressed full little a few times in public. It's not that big of a deal. No one really stares and if they do, I just stare back like a toddler that doesn't understand something, kinda funny. I've even been to both Disneyland and Disneyworld in full little mode with other littles. Everyone was so nice to us even treating us like little kids. A man that worked there brought us up in front of all the adults so we could sit on the curb with our stuffies for the parade with all the other little kids. No one cared. It's really all about attitude. When in little mode in public you just have to put on your toddler blinders and be in your own 'little' world.

Very interesting. But you don't have the same issues I have. I happen to have Classic Kanner Autism and ADHD, and it seems that nearly my whole life that I have been bullied because of my Autism. Not only that, but it seems society holds me to a higher standard than others, and it pisses me off. I'm not so sure that people would be so understanding of me if I wore "long-alls" and T strap shoes to Disneyland (or Disney World). I'm technically not even an adult baby as I don't wear diapers. And to be honest, I really do act emotionally and socially like a 4 1/2 year old due to my Autism, which really isn't my fault at all. I mean, to really "regress" you would need to actively set aside your maturity and purposely act like a child. I have nothing to set aside; I act like a 4 year old without even knowing it and I really act like that 98-99% of the time. I can put on a "pretending to be an adult" act, but that only can last so long, and that's not any better than an actual 4 year old "pretending" to be an adult. Sure, I can eat at a restaurant for lunch without having a tantrum or being too noisy, but then so can most actual 4 year olds. I always wonder about waitresses at restaurants that think that "I'm doing so well with my Autism" just because they observed me for 35 minutes. And how do they know how I acted like rest of the day? Based on that type of observation, anyone would think all 3 and 4 year olds never had tantrums ever and were better behaved than almost all adults. I've sat at lunch with hundreds of preschoolers and toddlers over my life and I don't remember one instance where a child had thrown himself or herself to the floor and had a tantrum....ever. I'm chronologically in my mid late 40s and I've never seen anything like that. I've also had many friends who were preschoolers over time even as a so called "adult" (partly because I was an unpaid assistant volunteer / co-host at Preschooler Storytime every week for 15+ years) and I (and my now retired children's librarian friend) have eaten with many children and their parents for lunch.

I have worn long-alls and T strap shoes to my county park (I had no choice but to go to my county park during COVID-19 pandemic isolation quarantine restrictions, as everything was closed) and I have worn them occasionally to a plant nursery and a small strip mall with my real biological dad, but that's about it. And I do wear long-alls on Halloween, of course. I still live with my parents and they still run my life for me. I can't even drive a car because my attention span is only for 20-25 minutes. I have had a driver's license for 26 years, but I hardly ever drive. I don't look like I'm in my mid 40s either at all. I easily look 22 even wearing "normal" clothes. Strangers or other people never guess my true age and usually think I'm 22 passing me by. I have no gray hair and no wrinkles on my face. I've seen 35 to 40 year olds with tons of gray hair and wrinkles. I actually have a very babyish looking face (you'll see when I message you). Except I'm nearly 6 feet tall. I look like an elongated 4 year old that had a longer stalk of a body. I actually look like a very tall grade schooler when I wear long-alls. My mom understands that I do act like a 4 year old because I can't help myself and that's the way I am; however she doesn't think I should necessarily dress like a 4 year old although I do act like one....somehow I really don't understand this. I think my mom is just trying to be a controlling and domineering person.

I think nearly everyone thinks I'm emotionally and socially like a 4 1/2 year old. Sometimes it has been trying for some people, like college instructors. I've had former college instructors, former employers (the very few times when I did have a job), college professors, former elementary school teachers, relatives, friends, parents of actual young children and even children themselves conclude that I am emotionally and socially (and perhaps, mentally) like a preschooler. Even to 30 or 40 something year old friends of mine who have Autism Spectrum Disorder and who are emotionally and socially like a 12 year old, my behavior is rather similar to a lot of 4 year olds. Maybe not even that. Maybe even more like a 3 year old. There are milestones some 3 year olds have passed that I haven't, apparently. I lack understanding of nonverbal facial cues (almost all Autistic people do). I also talk nonstop almost, like a 3 year old. I'm frustrating to be around to be honest. Even my old children's librarian friend said that I was good in small doses. She even said that I could be quite intense sometimes. After about 5 hours, 99% of people can't even be around me anymore. Some actual preschoolers can hang around me all day, but that's probably because they are likely (and perceived to be by adults) as being just as annoying as I am. That's probably the only reason why preschoolers can stand me. I'm fun to be around in many ways, of course, but I'm also rather annoying, I'll admit. I've had very few adult friends who want to spend more than two days with me in a row. Most of these have been preschoolers, or my parents (because they didn't have a choice as I was on vacation with them), or in very few instances, friends from far away (like 5 hours away) whom I had to stay with overnight one or two nights as there would have been no way I could have gone back home the same night.

Actually I wore my long-alls to a smaller sized kiddie / children's amusement park one time last October but it was Halloween season.

I'm very surprised that the people at Disneyland were so understanding towards you and the other littles - and got you all and your stuffies to sit where all the actual kids were watching the parade. 😱 Incredible. I guess Disneyland is for kids of all ages, though. Also, Orange County is much more conservative than most of the rest of the state (at least with Disneyland on the West Coast). Then on the other hand, most Conservatives are actually much more understanding of me and my Autism than the liberals are, oddly enough. I know parents from the Deep South like Alabama and South Carolina (from children's clothing resale groups on FB, as well as eBay) that have little boys who wear long-alls, jon jons, bubbles, bobby suits, aprons with bloomers, etc (that type of clothing is more of a Southern cultural thing among little boys) and T strap Mary Janes, and most of these parents are actually very understanding of me and actually have said to me that I look adorable and cute wearing those sort of clothes / shoes. 🤷‍♂️😁💜 I wanted to get this primary plaid gingham longall made for me and when I showed some parents my idea they thought I would look stunning wearing that. 😁💜

I actually want to move to the Carolinas. People seem to be a lot nicer to me there.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
Reactions: SuzetteSissy
I have "safe" little clothes. Superhero or printed t shirts, a bunch of clothes in pink or baby blue, stuff like that. Occasionally I'll wear a thinner diaper under my clothes. Its not obvious from the outside but fun from inside.

There were a few times I wore my onesie underneath some overalls, but I was anxious the entire time. I dress pretty cutesy outside of being little, so I stick to that.

On Friday I went out for the first time in almost a year. It's my favourite club with amazing staff and security who look after anyone who isn't causing trouble, and I've always felt safe there. The party went from 11pm to 7am the next morning, but by the time I had got ready and left it was already about 1am.

I recently bought a tiered baby blue satin skirt from a seller of AB items on Ebay, so I decided to wear it together with a frilly satin shirt in the same shade of baby blue (with sleeves that also have tiers - unfortunately not quite long enough to reach to the wrists of my long arms, but it worked anyway), and a white PVC corset on top that reduces my waist from 36" to 32". A few days earlier I had worn a corset at home for the first time in ages, and I managed to relax into it so much that I was almost sad when I took it off hours later befoore I went to sleep. So it was inevitable that I'd want to wear one in public as well. I was also wearing a white petticoat, white thigh-highs, a necklace with baby pink plastic beads, and baby pink domed plastic earrings. I used a handbag in baby pink patent material for the first time, and I decided to wear some light pink patent ankle boots with 3" block heels. I hadn't worn heels outside for a very long time, so I didn't quite dare to wear my baby pink ankle boots with 4" stiletto heels (although the colour would have matched the rest of my outfit better, and in hindsight I realised it wouldn't have been an issue - especially as I always wear heels at home, so it's not like I'm not used to them!).

I felt completely safe during the short walk along the busy seafront road, and I had an absolutely amazing night. So many people complimented me on my outfit, and I had some great conversations with a number of highly interesting people, as well as plenty of hugs and fist bumps. I spent most of the time outside talking to people, but the last hour was spent dancing to some banging Jungle and DnB tunes. It has made me determined to become more outgoing and not hide my preferences when it comes to clothing, and I'll be looking for outfits that I think of as 'cute' that will work with a corset and petticoat. I really didn't want to be in a position where I'd have to change during the night, so it was great to know that no-one knew I was wearing a (white) Str8up underneath, with a thick Kiddos booster and a regular one (actually there were a few occasions where I was walking past people sitting on the floor of the smoking area outside, so one or the other might have caught a glimpse. But I don't think I'd be particularly bothered! :p

I used to feel nervous about the idea of wearing heels outside, as I'm 6'4" tall. But I came to the conclusion that since I already stand out, a few extra inches won't make much difference. And now that I know I can wear high heels in public without the world ending, it will be even easier for me to wear all kinds of cute Mary Janes with lower heels! :)

I also wore a double-breasted light blue faux leather jacket on the way there and back, as the temperature dropped quite a bit a few days ago. Hopefully I'll get around to recreating the look and taking some photos soon. This is the product photo, but the skirt is actually a lot lighter than it looks (which made me very happy when I found out!). and there are three more bows where the top part is sewn to the middle part.

s-l1600 (4).png

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 66129 and Edgewater
I couldn't cope with being little in public, due to AVPD, so would never do that unless it was a safe private outdoor place to do so where only fellow littles and carers etc would go to. It would have to exclude the general public as I feel that many people, including myself, would find it unacceptable to have this lifestyle thrust upon them in a public place where there could be people who may be offended by it.

Reactions: CrazySmoker
I am little 24/7 and have always been for my entire life. All my interests, clothing, ect is little. I find myself anxious to go out on my own solely because dressing in such a way does make it so people are more friendly towards you and are more likely to make a kind comment ( where as I would prefer to be viewed as invisible haha ). I've only ever had issues from teens / homophobes - just silly people anyways. I think that life is too short to be anything other than yourself, so if you're on the fence about it just be free! Have fun! Be who you are <3

• Love
Reactions: PooMinara
Well, I experienced little clothing once. I was wearing a Babypants Shortall and a plain onesie (and a non visible but bulky Tykable diaper and white shoes and socks). Very little!
The Babypants shortall is the adult size of toddler shortalls, with the buttons between the legs for the change and a nice "Babypants" logo on the back...
I went to a supermarket and on the line there was a father with his daughter just behind me... Of course, the logo was just at the height of the eyes of the small girl and she said to his father: Have you seen this? and the father just said, yes.

That was all but I really felt small this day... I wasn't in my city anyway and my ABDL friends were not far from me...
1688391852715.png1688391921980.png

• Wow
Reactions: Rezzu, Diaperboy27 and longallsboy
I'll dress in little style clothes almost all the time when going out places, especially more girly stuff as I'm actively transitioning m to f. I rarely wear a diaper when in public though due to knowledge of how many others are misunderstanding about us. Execeptions for me where I have little clothing and diaper underneath it are places where I know restrooms are few and far between but at the same time I won't bother others if diaper gets used (like on walking trails I use occassionally that are outdoors but not used by many during day). As far as comments I've recieved when I'm dressed little I get more compliments then complaints and a many times the most common response I get when people actually notice is "I forgot about that show/character".

BAP21 said:

I love this! There's definitely safety in numbers, if you're in full little mode as a group people will think you're going to some kind of theme party, if you're alone they're a lot more likely to make fun of you and/or think you're a pervert.

Reactions: Diaperboy27, BAP21 and mistykitty
LittleEnigma said:
So I'm little 24/7 and diapered 24/7, as a result of being permanently IC, and other disabilities. Fortunately i am fully accepted being so. Do you ever dress little outside of the home? If yes, are you comfortable doing so? Do you wish you could dress little in public spaces, or it that just not practical or a bridge too far? Is being little a helpful relaxation tool for you, or a hinderance you wish you could control?
i am happy being me, and i express myself in what i wear and behave how i choose whether in a public setting or just around friends and family. like family and friends have said they admire the fact of live my life how i want and don't care what others think or say. been also told many times that i am nothing more than a large child at heart. for me who i am is not turned off and on like a light switch it 24/7. how i dress is an expression of who i am and makes me happy because i love bold bright colors. i am in diapers 24/7 but that is not necessarily on display. i like my dino sneakers and i like my sneakers with the right being a different color than the left. i wear playful tees one of my favorites is orange with a loin club on it wearing a diaper with the words king of the playpen. i wear cargo shorts with snaps for easier diaper changing and i also wear shortalls with snaps. i wear onesies as well they are great diaper support. people in general will come out ask me questions or make comments i smile for most of the time the response is that is cute. the biggest question is why two different colored sneakers my answer so i know which is my right and left foot (lol). life is too short to worry about blending in and worrying what others might think. allow all parts of yourself shine through and embrace the person you see in the mirror

Albasion said:
I love this! There's definitely safety in numbers, if you're in full little mode as a group people will think you're going to some kind of theme party, if you're alone they're a lot more likely to make fun of you and/or think you're a pervert.
Yes! Definitely. Not to mention one of the times was right around Halloween so I'm sure most people thought we were in costume. Funny tho, there was one worker who was all.... "wait, these aren't costumes, huh?" We were like "uuuuh...." But he loved it giving us thumbs up whenever we saw him that day again.

Attachments

• 20230629_205409.jpg
    20230629_205409.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Haha
Reactions: Rezzu, ABdrew, longallsboy and 1 other person
BAP21 said:
Yes! Definitely. Not to mention one of the times was right around Halloween so I'm sure most people thought we were in costume. Funny tho, there was one worker who was all.... "wait, these aren't costumes, huh?" We were like "uuuuh...." But he loved it giving us thumbs up whenever we saw him that day again.
What gave it away? 🥰😂

Last edited:
rainbowredcrayon said:
I am little 24/7 and have always been for my entire life. All my interests, clothing, ect is little. I find myself anxious to go out on my own solely because dressing in such a way does make it so people are more friendly towards you and are more likely to make a kind comment ( where as I would prefer to be viewed as invisible haha ). I've only ever had issues from teens / homophobes - just silly people anyways. I think that life is too short to be anything other than yourself, so if you're on the fence about it just be free! Have fun! Be who you are <3

Older teens and young adults are often judgmental to begin with, of almost anything. I'm Autistic and I was bullied like crap in state university by 20 to 24 year olds in the late 1990s to early 2000s. By that age, I would have expected better. I really am not fond of college students and especially residence apartment dorms. Oddly, most people who bully me tend to be liberals and not Conservatives. I have met some of the most sweetest and kindest people I've ever met in South Carolina (I have wonderful friends in South Carolina and North Carolina) and some of the biggest bullies were from the West Coast (California, and especially, Oregon). I want to actually move far away from the West Coast as a result. Don't think liberals are that tolerant, because often they aren't. Nearly all the people who called me the R word because I was Autistic were liberals.

I just want to be myself and for people to accept for who I am. I don't even wear diapers and yet I take way too much flak from others

- longallsboy

Last edited:
Reactions: rainbowredcrayon
BAP21 said:

One middle-aged guy at my local county park when I was wearing a longall and T strap shoes asked me where the wedding was inside the park (often weddings do take place in the garden; the park is a state senator's former estate mansion from the 1920s and it has a nice garden). I don't know why he thought I would know where the wedding was. What the heck did he think I was? The ringbearer for the wedding??!! 🤣🤣🤣🤦‍♂️ I suppose in the South, some ringbearers who are little boys do wear long-alls with T strap shoes. I've seen a few pictures. Anyway, he must have thought I was the ringbearer. 🤷‍♂️

Another time I was walking at the park during COVID-19 pandemic when everything was nearly closed down (including community colleges) and this older lady who was walking her dog smiled and commented she loved my T strap shoes.

I never got any negative feedback wearing long-alls or T strap shoes anywhere during COVID 19. I never wore that in college in the late 1990s or early 2000s. I had no idea what a longall even was then. (Never heard such a thing ever when I was in college. A mom from Virginia on Ebay introduced me to long-alls in 2002. I was unaware that little boys could even wear T strap Mary Janes until 15 years ago or so. I thought it was only for little girls, until I found out Southern moms were dressing their sons in that). But I did collect vintage children's T strap shoes and I got bullied for that in college. Then again, I got bullied for just being Autistic and got called the R word. I knew another Autistic guy who lived in the residence apartment dorm complex with me and he was bullied too. And no, he wasn't into T strap shoes. He was more ordinary than me. What a nice university (I'm totally being sarcastic).

Ironically when I started wearing Oshkosh B'Gosh overalls for a while, the bullies stopped bullying me. Maybe they thought their bullying had made me snap and go nuts. Ingrates. Or shall I say, bast*rds. There's more than one type of bast*rd....

- longallsboy

Last edited:
Have dressed Little in public to include carrying around a stuffie. For the most part, people neither notice nor care.

Reactions: BAP21 and siysiy
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back