Being bought diapers after an accident while out

Jamas

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Did anyone ever get bought a diaper or pull-ups after they had an accident while out and about?

I have vivid memories of having unexpected accidents in my pants while away and my parents having to buy me new underwear.

Looking back I'm almost surprised they didn't just come back with a nappy instead. It gets me thinking of anyone did experience this?

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Hell2DaNaw and ChristianDiaperLover
When I was seven, I wet my pants in my Sunday school class. My mom took me to the nursery and put me in a diaper.

Reactions: littlestmay, PadPhilosopher, BabyCyclist and 10 others
When I was somewhere close to 8, we were out shopping as a family and I ended up having an u messy accident in the middle of the store that we were in. It just hit without warning. My brothers had to go find my mom while my sister took me toward the bathroom.

When my mom showed up at the bathroom she had in her hand a package of pull-ups which I already wore at night and a new pair of pants. Once she had me all cleaned up and dressed, we continued on our shopping list like nothing happened. Except for a few giggles from my brothers when we were shopping in the clothes section and my mom exposed my waist to see if things would fit.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Napincolove, dinodavid and 6 others
I had a similar experience in 2006 when I had to cope with a rare case of cold-induced diuresis.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
I have the occasional accident for unknown reasons (if any) and it certainly has prompted me to wear more. Now that I wear protective underwear pretty much all day/everyday I don’t have as much of a need to buy, but past occurrences have sent me to the incontinence section at the store for sure.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and DBabygirl2
When I was about 8, we were visiting friends in another town. All of the kids (three boys aged 8, 7, and 4 in my family, three girls in theirs, also about 8, 7, and 4) were playing on the other side of the creek behind their house when I felt a sudden need to poop. To cross the creek and get back to the house, you had to go down to the end of the block, cross the bridge, and come back up the other side. I made it almost to the bridge before I couldn’t hold it any longer and majorly messed my pants. I tried to slip in the house and clean up in the bathroom, but my underwear was ruined and it had spread down both pant legs as well. I didn’t have a change of clothes, so ended up having to tell my mom. We didn’t have a change of clothes for me, I ended up wearing a pair of the oldest girls panties and pants the rest of the night while mine were washed and dried. When the other kids came home, there was lots of ribbing, laughs, and giggles from the other kids. They knew I’d had an accident because I was now in different pants that were obviously girls (she was a real girly girl then, with lots of pink and frills), and they found out I had on a pair of her underwear, too. I think I would have been less embarrassed for my parents to have bought me diapers instead.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, DLScottsman, LiddleBigBoy and 3 others
Summer of 1990, I was 10 and had been having some problems with accidents for about a week or two. While at a playground, I had another accident, and so we stopped at K Mart on the way back. I remember well carrying a pack of Attends Youth through the store and feeling like everyone was secretly laughing at me, and that they knew those diapers were for me. In reality, no one cared, of course 😋. And even though I was embarassed about having to wear them, the simple fact is, I needed to wear them, and they were the best way to manage the immediate problem. (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, LiddleBigBoy, TheDideeboy and 4 others
Yes. I was about 7 and my mom and I needed to run some errands at our local mall. I could tell she was annoyed, as we’d been waiting in the customer service line for a while. By the time we got to the front, I was already holding myself and starting to sweat, and to make matters worse, we got the rookie clerk so her returns took even longer.

Once she wraps up, I’m absolutely bursting. Like crossed legs, hand on my crotch and everything lol. She was naturally upset I didn’t say anything sooner and rushed to the closest bathroom, but this was an open air mall so they were far away. We didn’t even make it half way when I started having an accident, so she pulled me around a corner into a grassy area, and we went behind a bush.

She looked at the damage I’d done to my pants and underwear and scrambled to take off my socks and shoes. She said “your shorts and underwear are ruined and you’ll need to change, just go here.” Looking. Back I’m pretty sure she meant pee in the bush, but my young mind interpreted it as permission to pee myself so I just released my full bladder into the shorts.

After I finished we made a beeline for the car. She had me stand in the backseat while she pulled off my wet clothes and then handed me a goodnite and some clean shorts. Once she made sure I was ok, I got scolded for not speaking up about having to go.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, LiddleBigBoy, AJFan2020 and 2 others
Hell2DaNaw said:
Yes. I was about 7 and my mom and I needed to run some errands at our local mall. I could tell she was annoyed, as we’d been waiting in the customer service line for a while. By the time we got to the front, I was already holding myself and starting to sweat, and to make matters worse, we got the rookie clerk so her returns took even longer.

Once she wraps up, I’m absolutely bursting. Like crossed legs, hand on my crotch and everything lol. She was naturally upset I didn’t say anything sooner and rushed to the closest bathroom, but this was an open air mall so they were far away. We didn’t even make it half way when I started having an accident, so she pulled me around a corner into a grassy area, and we went behind a bush.

She looked at the damage I’d done to my pants and underwear and scrambled to take off my socks and shoes. She said “your shorts and underwear are ruined and you’ll need to change, just go here.” Looking. Back I’m pretty sure she meant pee in the bush, but my young mind interpreted it as permission to pee myself so I just released my full bladder into the shorts.

After I finished we made a beeline for the car. She had me stand in the backseat while she pulled off my wet clothes and then handed me a goodnite and some clean shorts. Once she made sure I was ok, I got scolded for not speaking up about having to go.
Did you normally wear goodnites during the day? Or why did have spares in the car?

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and LiddleBigBoy
Jamas said:
Did you normally wear goodnites during the day? Or why did have spares in the car?
I’d wear them if we were going on a long road trip or plane ride, in case I fell asleep or had an accident. But I didn’t wear them regularly during the day.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, LiddleBigBoy and Jamas
i didn't really get "bought" a diaper specifically cause i had an accident, but i was changed into a diaper mid-day many times as a toddler/kid after having an accident post potty-trained. This wasn't out of the norm as I was also diapered during the day on trips, travel, or times where i was prone to fall asleep mid day. But rather than carrying around a second change of clothes/underwear my mom just added a couple of my diapers to my younger brothers diaper bag. My younger bro is 3yrs younger and so it was just normal for my mom to have his diaper bag with her all the time - so she also keep a few of my diapers in that bag.

These were two times when i had day time accidents and was changed to a diaper instead of just another pair of clean underwear. i remember being like 5 or 6 and at my cousins... we were out playing on the school playground across the street from their house and having way too much fun and i waited too long before trying to run back to the house to go poop... after losing it and filling my underwear... i was cleaned up and changed into a diaper for the rest of the time we were there...
another time at after school daycare (for those whose parents couldn't come till well later), we had nap time and I wet my pants in nap time... my mom had instructions for them to just use a diaper if i ever wet or soiled... so i was changed into a diaper until i was picked up.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, AJFan2020, LiddleBigBoy and 1 other person
RothwellBC said:
i didn't really get "bought" a diaper specifically cause i had an accident, but i was changed into a diaper mid-day many times as a toddler/kid after having an accident post potty-trained. This wasn't out of the norm as I was also diapered during the day on trips, travel, or times where i was prone to fall asleep mid day. But rather than carrying around a second change of clothes/underwear my mom just added a couple of my diapers to my younger brothers diaper bag. My younger bro is 3yrs younger and so it was just normal for my mom to have his diaper bag with her all the time - so she also keep a few of my diapers in that bag.

These were two times when i had day time accidents and was changed to a diaper instead of just another pair of clean underwear. i remember being like 5 or 6 and at my cousins... we were out playing on the school playground across the street from their house and having way too much fun and i waited too long before trying to run back to the house to go poop... after losing it and filling my underwear... i was cleaned up and changed into a diaper for the rest of the time we were there...
another time at after school daycare (for those whose parents couldn't come till well later), we had nap time and I wet my pants in nap time... my mom had instructions for them to just use a diaper if i ever wet or soiled... so i was changed into a diaper until i was picked up.
How old were you before this stopped?

I was out of nappies pretty early and never went back unfortunately. Even with a number of accidents

tdlrfootedpjs said:
When I was somewhere close to 8, we were out shopping as a family and I ended up having an u messy accident in the middle of the store that we were in. It just hit without warning. My brothers had to go find my mom while my sister took me toward the bathroom.

When my mom showed up at the bathroom she had in her hand a package of pull-ups which I already wore at night and a new pair of pants. Once she had me all cleaned up and dressed, we continued on our shopping list like nothing happened. Except for a few giggles from my brothers when we were shopping in the clothes section and my mom exposed my waist to see if things would fit.
That was wonderful that your sister guided you towards the bathroom.
How lovely and caring is that ❤️

Hell2DaNaw said:

Did you get spanked at all?

• Wow
Jamas said:
How old were you before this stopped?

I was out of nappies pretty early and never went back unfortunately. Even with a number of accidents
I'm trying to think about the difference in accidents. Like just not being able to hold it because your distracted or having fun vs when i would wet because i fell asleep. it didn't stop until i was fully dry through the night which was late into being 7 yrs old. There were even times that i just fell asleep in the car on the way home from school and woke up soaked ..... Diapers were used both as a change in underwear and preventative measure.

Wet myself fairly often as a kid. If I had no change of clothes, I don’t remember my mom ever stoping at the store to pick up anything. I do remember a few situations of sitting in my wet pants on top of a plastic bag in the car or off to the side somewhere lol.

A few times we went overnight somewhere without any overnight protection (usually when I was going through a dry spell) and I’d pee a strange bed the first night and we’d have to go out and pick up some diapers.

Worst time, I was on a class trip for an academic completion in middle school. Soaked the bed the first night. Thankfully, my mom was a chaperone. Drove to Walmart that morning and picked up pampers. Felt very small that whole trip lol

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, wetaccident, Jamas and 1 other person
Jamas said:
Did anyone ever get bought a diaper or pull-ups after they had an accident while out and about?

I have vivid memories of having unexpected accidents in my pants while away and my parents having to buy me new underwear.

Looking back I'm almost surprised they didn't just come back with a nappy instead. It gets me thinking of anyone did experience this?
No unfortunately. I had accents when I was younger and nothing changed my parents wouldn’t have me in diapers once I was potty trained even when I was much older. If I had I wouldn’t have been so traumatised by the accidents and not being able to get to a bathroom

Randomname said:
Wet myself fairly often as a kid. If I had no change of clothes, I don’t remember my mom ever stoping at the store to pick up anything. I do remember a few situations of sitting in my wet pants on top of a plastic bag in the car or off to the side somewhere lol.

A few times we went overnight somewhere without any overnight protection (usually when I was going through a dry spell) and I’d pee a strange bed the first night and we’d have to go out and pick up some diapers.

Worst time, I was on a class trip for an academic completion in middle school. Soaked the bed the first night. Thankfully, my mom was a chaperone. Drove to Walmart that morning and picked up pampers. Felt very small that whole trip lol
Yeah, I was have memories of the wet pants and sat on a plastic bag treatment

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, AJFan2020 and Randomname
I did have a lot of wetting accidents in general and when out and about was no exception. Especially if it was something fun like the museum, park or movies or if I had a friend along for an outing. I'd get too distracted by whatever I was doing and never wanted to take a potty break. I was never bought diapers though, unfortunately.
Jamas said:
Yeah, I was have memories of the wet pants and sat on a plastic bag treatment
Yes, I remember this a couple times as well. It was particularly not fun on a hot day if you had shorts on.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Jamas
When I was 9 or 10, we went to see my grandma would lived on the texas coast and went to McDonald's and while I was playing in the kids area I wet my self. My mom got mad because I wasn't wearing a pull-up so we went and got me a pack of youth diapers and a pair of shorts. After that my mom would always make sure I was in a pull-up on and had some in my sister's diaper bag.

Reactions: Jamas and wetaccident
Back