AceThePurpleFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Hi everyone!

Ace here. Wow! I've been on this forum for almost a year and I've learned so much about myself and the community in that time.

I'm a current college student, studying computer science. I'm having a lot of fun here and have a lot of great friends. But with this environment comes lack of discretion. Does anyone here have any advice/experiences on being a discreet ABDL in college? I have my own room, but can't really wear outside of it and I need to leave to get food and drinks... I also have people come in my room relatively frequently to help me with stuff I can't do on my own.

Any advice or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks, and keep on wearing!

Ace

Reactions: Edgewater
I never found it too difficult to discreetly wear outside of my room. I wore less bulky diapers than I usually prefer, I normally went with Tranquility diapers or pull-ups. They're store brand, but they're decent enough if you're not actually incontinent and mindful of when and where you wet them.

Storing them sounds harder for you, since you get visitors to your room more often. I rarely did, benefits of having few friends! Ha...haha...yay...

That being said what I normally did was wrap the diaper package in something like a Target plastic bag or three, or a garbage bag, enough so you can't see the labels. It doesn't need to hold up to advanced scrutiny, just enough so they won't know what they're looking at at first, which gives you enough time to direct their attention somewhere else or explain that that's where you keep school supplies or something.

Oh, and when wearing out and about, the only circumstance I'd caution against is in a classroom, where it can get quiet enough that your classmates might be able to hear the rustling. I hope that helps!

Been far too many years since my college days, so not going to get into that part.
Great advice provided above as the vast majority of people are rarely aware of what they are doing let alone seeing. Yes, some folks are noisy beyond need, but you quickly get a feel for who they are and you simply avoid them.
Back before the days of disposables and the reality of cloth diapers, you just adjust to what you have to deal with. Consider washing and drying cloth diapers. Most laundry mats are opened late and early. Most have very helpful staff that have seen it all.
Back then, like today, single or doubled diapers that will hold the needed volume for a couple of hours are rarely noticed.
The World today, there are ever more individuals that are 24/7 IC and as a result, most people who are awake, have seen others and although not common place, certainly more common then in the past.
Being padded has its great advantages!!
Enjoy, life it way to short not too!

HomeDepot and similar places sell some storage tubs that are black, with a yellow lid. I believe you can put padlocks through holes in them. These provide storage discretion. Put your stuff in one, slap a lock on it, and tuck it back under your bed. That will keep anyone out of observing it. Wrapping packages in a bag from WM or Target as noted above before putting in the tub is a great idea for an extra layer of observation protection, and who would ever question a dorm kid for having stuff stored under their bed?

Keep some of those same bags on hand for disposing of used diaps. One fits easily, two can get in there with a little effort. Tie off the top (double bag if necessary) and it's a quick trip to a friendly trashcan. If your dorm has a dumpster, that's even better.

As for wearing, look for a diaper that isn't super thick and doesn't swell. Think more frequent changes. I tried the Abena L4's late last year, and really liked them. They were discrete yet thirsty, and didn't leak on me. I wore them out and about for a week, and as far as I know, no one even looked at me twice.

To ensure discretion, you may have to either wait to wear until bedtime (or whenever you declare you're done for the day and not taking guests). If you lock your door and don't answer, they'll eventually go away.

As mentioned above, class may be challenge b/c of the near silence, unless you sit REALLY still. Lab work or studying in a dark corner of the library might work. Late night walks around campus to get your "wearing out of the dorm" fix are also an option. Someone passing you going the other way will almost certainly not notice.

If you're going to wear out and about, consider a plain white onesie that can keep things in place and looks like a t-shirt. I ordered a plain white one from Tykables, and it worked well. No one could tell it wasn't a plain cotton undershirt from a normal distance. Just wish they made a v-neck. Pair the onesie with a pair of jeans with a belt, and a longish, untucked shirt and you'll be plenty fine for a run to the D-Hall or Starbucks or whatever, particularly if you're mostly dry when you leave. I was really, really surprised how unobservant most people are. The background noise is most places will hide a lot rustling unless you pick a diaper that is just noisy AF.

Good luck! It gets easier when you get your own apartment.

Not at college, but been to many environments(even living at home with parents) before where I've had to either hide things or otherwise be discreet. Can't really open up more on the other types of environments, but let's just say that having someone know was not really an option.
shollyknox said:
HomeDepot and similar places sell some storage tubs that are black, with a yellow lid. I believe you can put padlocks through holes in them. These provide storage discretion. Put your stuff in one, slap a lock on it, and tuck it back under your bed. That will keep anyone out of observing it. Wrapping packages in a bag from WM or Target as noted above before putting in the tub is a great idea for an extra layer of observation protection, and who would ever question a dorm kid for having stuff stored under their bed?
IMG_20230127_023517.jpg
One is books, one is electronics, one general items and one diapers and onesies/little stuff. Can you tell which one? Usually I have just a white bedsheet on top of the other "items" so it fits in at first glance to the expectation of bed - bed linen, but currently I don't have any need to hide to such a level as no one will be opening these anyway. Locks sound a bit extreme to me. All in all "hidden in plain sight" usually works best. Having random "trash bags" will most likely attract more attention than a large sports duffel bag for example, or the under the bed option. Even just a plain cardboard box with maybe some books/other items on top to make it "uninteresting"; just a student using a box as a table. Added benefit of even if someone were to ask "what's in the box?" they won't be suspicious if the answer is "oh, nothing. Just use it as a nightstand coz I'm broke af haha."
LadyOfTintagel said:
Oh, and when wearing out and about, the only circumstance I'd caution against is in a classroom, where it can get quiet enough that your classmates might be able to hear the rustling. I hope that helps!
shollyknox said:
As mentioned above, class may be challenge b/c of the near silence, unless you sit REALLY still. Lab work or studying in a dark corner of the library might work.
I think this is mostly just psychological. Never had an issue and I'm the guy that wore, and still wears, ABU simple ultras, MegaMaxes and other not-so-discreet padding to high school classes, university lectures, class reunions... Depends some on the clothing you wear on top maybe? Winter time is definitely easier. Cloth-backed pretty much eliminates any sound. Also like already mentioned above, MOST PEOPLE DON'T PAY ATTENTION or don't care! Right now while I'm slowly becoming more and more incontinent I care less and less and sometimes even forget I'm wearing until there's noticeable bulk. Never had issues with sound or anyone being any wiser. Onesies tend to help with this also along with the other benefits already mentioned by others. Personally I don't use onesies outside the home. The correct type of plastic pants can help too, if you're feeling paranoid.

Biggest issue I can think of would be with the disposal part. I would highly suggest zip-locked bags like the Abri-Bag + black trash bag. Act normal while taking them out and aim for times when not many people are moving, but not too late either to look suspicious.

In a dead quiet room a plastic backed diaper can be heard. But most other places, a diaper under jeans is not detectable. So outside, the classrooms, the cafeteria, etc. you can get by with it.

One consideration for quiet places is cloth backed. You can be in a dead quiet room and get away with wearing "cloth" backed. I hate giving up the crinkling sound of plastic, but if you need company in your room, you can get by with a cloth backed disposable, no problem. And at night, I'm assuming you lock the door, so anything goes when the door is locked.

As someone who has lived both in dorm housing alone (i.e. having a single small room to myself, but sharing a bathroom, etc. with other people) as well as with a roommate (sharing that small room), it’s definitely possible to continue to have and wear diapers under these circumstances. Of course, it’s optimal if you have your own room; if you do, there’s no reason you can’t just keep them in a drawer or closet and wear them out and about under sensible clothing. But even if you feel this is too risky, you can keep them in, for example, a private steamer trunk under your bed, perhaps with a lock. Just make sure you and your friends (or roommate, if ever applicable) have mutual understandings about privacy: both that you trust them not to snoop, and that they’ll give you some alone time now and again.

Thanks so much everyone!!

So consensus sounds like I'll be fine, but I should wear cloth-backed. I'm going to Target tomorrow. Should I pick up some cheap ones there, or wait and get some Northshore Supremes? Ik the Target ones won't be that good, but they're cloth-backed and it's a start.

What do people think? My only concern with waiting and getting Northshores is the price, which takes away from my rather limited budget for cute ABDL diapers

Last edited:
I had a couple really awkward first experiences with ABDL in college. My experience is not everyone’s but make sure your ducks are in order and plan for things going wrong anyways. I thought I had hid my diapers pretty well but one of my first roommates while I was at class, started looking through my things for an extra towel. Innocent enough but when you don’t think someone is going to come along randomly and just start digging, no hiding spot is good enough even if it doesn’t look obvious or suspicious to start. Eventually they all found out and it made for some very very awkward moments throughout the next year… by the time I moved in with my next 2 set of roommates I was way more cautious and they where way more courteous and respectful of privacy. Learn from my mistakes lol. Understand your roommates habits and time schedules so you’ll know when it is and isn’t safe to indulge. You can save yourself a lot of struggle.

Fellow CS guy here. Late nights in the computer lab, 24-packs of Mountain Dew, and diapers are a fantastic mix. Cottontail approved! :) (Although I don't know. Are computer labs even a thing now?)

When I was sharing a dorm room, I kept my diapers in a drawer underneath my underwear, figuring that the last thing my roommate would want to be caught doing was rummaging around in my underwear drawer. As far as I know it never happened. I had my own room in subsequent years, but that first year was definitely a bit rough, privacy-wise.

That said, privacy cuts both ways and college is pretty much the in-person social opportunity of a lifetime. Not before and never again will you be a young adult in the presence of so many other young adults. You sound like you've got a level head and are seizing that opportunity, but I'll throw this out there anyway: If you find yourself obsessing about privacy in college and treating the times you leave your room like clandestine operations in hostile territory (I'm know I'm being super dramatic!), it's definitely worth taking a deep breath and considering that you might have your priorities reversed. COVID's antisocial countermeasures have landed hardest on your generation too, so you've been dealt a much more challenging hand than I was. Whatever you do to placate your little side right now, be mindful of the potential for collateral damage, not from getting caught, but from displacing opportunities that truly only come once.

*steps down from soapbox*

Reactions: chiaochai, Edgewater and Moo
Cottontail said:
Fellow CS guy here. Late nights in the computer lab, 24-packs of Mountain Dew, and diapers are a fantastic mix. Cottontail approved! :) (Although I don't know. Are computer labs even a thing now?)

When I was sharing a dorm room, I kept my diapers in a drawer underneath my underwear, figuring that the last thing my roommate would want to be caught doing was rummaging around in my underwear drawer. As far as I know it never happened. I had my own room in subsequent years, but that first year was definitely a bit rough, privacy-wise.

That said, privacy cuts both ways and college is pretty much the in-person social opportunity of a lifetime. Not before and never again will you be a young adult in the presence of so many other young adults. You sound like you've got a level head and are seizing that opportunity, but I'll throw this out there anyway: If you find yourself obsessing about privacy in college and treating the times you leave your room like clandestine operations in hostile territory (I'm know I'm being super dramatic!), it's definitely worth taking a deep breath and considering that you might have your priorities reversed. COVID's antisocial countermeasures have landed hardest on your generation too, so you've been dealt a much more challenging hand than I was. Whatever you do to placate your little side right now, be mindful of the potential for collateral damage, not from getting caught, but from displacing opportunities that truly only come once.

*steps down from soapbox*
Not much of a thing here, since we all have our own laptops hehe.

I'm in a single so no roommate, and I have an ADA accommodation for one so that's not gonna change at any point. I'll also definitely take any opportunities that come to me. I came to the US from the UK for opportunities, and that's what I intend to get, even if I have to create them myself.

Reactions: Edgewater and Cottontail
Also I got some pull-ups from CVS today. They were pretty cheap (36 for $20), so I was happy with that deal. Ik they're not going to be the best, but they'll at least give me the thrill of wearing while also being discreet.

I'm also wearing a goodnite around today, just to relieve my anxiety a bit, and it's going well so far.

AceThePurpleFox said:
Not much of a thing here, since we all have our own laptops hehe.

I'm in a single so no roommate, and I have an ADA accommodation for one so that's not gonna change at any point. I'll also definitely take any opportunities that come to me. I came to the US from the UK for opportunities, and that's what I intend to get, even if I have to create them myself.
Very good to hear. I wish you the best! (And good riddance to computer labs. I spent a good chunk of my college career in a sweltering X terminal lab. That old HP 9000-series gear should've been sold as heaters!)

Reactions: shollyknox and Edgewater
Back