Bedwetting memories

AmberStarfield said:
I always used vinyl mattress covers and knew other kids that had them too. However I have always had the desire to completely ruin a mattress. I didn't try it when I lived alone because of the expense and having to eventually dispose of it. Maybe someday I will get to experience peeing a mattress until it can't be used anymore. I suspect that if it is washed outside once in a while and allowed to dry, that several years of use could be had. But eventually the peeing and washing will take its toll.
I was also known to ruin my mattress and would be given one of my brothers mattresses because they would get a new one. Especially if I wasn't wearing my pullups at night.

• Sad
Reactions: AmberStarfield and Angelapinks
A little off topic as far as bedwetting but it does touch on mattress covers. Ive been on vacation many times sleeping in hotels, slept over friends houses and relatives homes as well. i always had that slight arousal if the bed had a nice plastic mattress cover on it. Some were quite crinkly or a bit subtle. If I was over friends places I then would wonder if they were a bedwetter. Some people have beds with plastic covers and are not incontinent. I have a latex coated mattress cover more so just to keep the mattress in good shape. When I was a teen I remember being in my new girlfriends room while she was getting ready in the bathroom. Her bed had a nice smooth shiny white vinyl mattress cover on it. Her mom mustve been doing the bed sheets in the wash that day. I had to sit on it and hear it crinkle and also rub the smooth plastic, hear it swish....I also was wondered if she was a bedwetter! It turned out she wasnt just was her mom protecting the bed I suppose.

Reactions: bedwetter bobby and Angelapinks
I wore GoodNites (the original all-white ones) through about 2003-ish, when I finally stopped wetting the bed; while I can't currently recall any "waking up mid-stream" moments, I do remember many a morning of waking up with a wet GoodNite when I was younger. If it counts, I do also specifically remember one incident of waking up with not quite enough time to get to the bathroom, and just standing in my bedroom in the middle of the night, gushing into my GoodNite for what felt like an eternity (how it didn't leak, I'll never know).

• Love
Reactions: nectar0001 and littledub1955
I began having uncontrollable bed wetting issues back in 2004 and they have never got any better so I have been wearing diapers for over 18 years now. I also have wetting issues the majority of the time during the day with the hot/humid weather of summer being when I feel as well as I'm going to and sometimes able to go without a diaper during the day. These issues are results of an autoimmune disease, substantial spinal destruction (lower L2 through L5/S1) with nerve damage plus I'm ALWAYS in at least moderate pain on my best days.

• Sad
Reactions: littledub1955 and Raven801
loadedpamperman said:
I began having uncontrollable bed wetting issues back in 2004 and they have never got any better so I have been wearing diapers for over 18 years now. I also have wetting issues the majority of the time during the day with the hot/humid weather of summer being when I feel as well as I'm going to and sometimes able to go without a diaper during the day. These issues are results of an autoimmune disease, substantial spinal destruction (lower L2 through L5/S1) with nerve damage plus I'm ALWAYS in at least moderate pain on my best days.
I have had aL4/5 pain problem for many years and it has recently been resolved with a steroid jab to L4. It instantly calmed the nerves and although it was only three weeks ago it has turned my life around. The pain went from a 2 to an 8 in half a second, now none. I still need the nappies though!!!

Reactions: littledub1955
Lyric said:
I wet my bed most nights until I was 17. My mom diapered me before bed using baby powder, cloth diapers and rubber pants. At some point around 12 I grew very fond of being diapered by mom and waking up with soggy wet diapers in the morning. Even after no longer wetting and wearing diapers, I could never get that feeling of warm wet diapers tight against my bottom and pee-pee waking up in the morning. Occasionally I’d secretly pin on a diaper with my rubber pants and wet myself before falling asleep, always wishing I had a girl who’d diaper me for bed.
I was born with a neurogenic bladder so yes i definitely remember. I grew up in cloth diapers and plastic pants and that is what i still use day and night. In fact the diapers im wearing right now are a bit wet, but will still be just fine for a while.

Attachments

• 16603844162122896088745500155585.jpg
    16603844162122896088745500155585.jpg
    602 KB · Views: 18
  • Love
Reactions: Lyric and littledub1955
I wet till I was 17 and still remember the training pants with rubber or vinyl pants to bed. I still love to hear the crinkle of a mattress cover. That sound told everyone you were a bedwetter. I had a few close friends that admitted bedwetting, when they sat on my bed and said sound just like mine.

Reactions: wetaccident, Angelapinks, Lyric and 1 other person
littledub1955 said:
I have to honestly say that I never was a bed wetter until about a year ago when I went to bed totally exhausted and woke up soaking wet. You may think it strange, but I found it incredibly great. That warm soaked diaper was a turn on and a turning point for me. I had already been wearing diapers for two years at that point because I had a job flagging traffic in the heat that required me to have to drink a lot of water and breaks didn't come very often so I started wearing diapers. I no longer need to wear diapers but after having to wear them for so long I'd gotten to where I totally loved wearing them. I just recently turned 65 and I realize that I I'm an adult baby. A closet adult baby but a baby nonetheless. I don't regress in age and act as a baby but I like to feel like a baby in private. And soaking my diaper while sucking a pacifier during sleep and while alone is a great feeling to me. Even if I
I vividly remember two instances of peeing myself during my sleep BEFORE I started wearing diapers again. The first time was when I was 14 or 15 and I dreamed that I woke up and went to the bathroom and went back to bed. Then waking up with my pajamas and mattress soaking wet and the whole family finding out and telling all my friends about it. When my friends asked me about it I just told them that there was a fire and I had to use my hose to put it out. The second time was when I was 27 or 28 and I was supposedly watching my oldest sister's kids who were 7 and 5 at the time while she was out with a friend shopping or something, I really don't remember. But I was watching cartoons with them on a quilt spread out on the living room floor and we all fell asleep. I don't remember dreaming anything then and I didn't wake up until I heard her car pulling up in the carport. When I jumped up I realized that I was already soaked. So thinking quick I grabbed a pitcher of tea from her refrigerator and went to where I peed and poured some on my clothes and the rest of it I poured on the quilt where I got it wet. When my sister and her friend came in my sister noticed right away that my shirt and the front of my pants were wet. She said, "Did you pee your pants?" and I told her that I accidentally dropped the tea pitcher on the quilt carrying it to the coffee table to pour myself another glass. "And you spilled it all down the front of your pants and your shirt too?" she asked. So I told her that happened by me trying to catch it before it fell. Then her and her friend both said they could smell pee. I was so embarrassed. Especially when her 5 year old son started laughing and said " He needs some diapers mama" and everyone started laughing. I swore up and down that it happened the way I said but I don't think I really fooled anyone.

• Wow
Reactions: Angelapinks
I wasn't what you'd call a bedwetter, but I have a few related memories anyway. The earliest of these is of lying in bed while Mom put me in my bedtime diaper--a cloth prefold, pins, and plastic pants. For an assortment of reasons, I believe I was three years old. That would be after potty training but before I was staying dry at night. From what Mom has shared, that went on for 4-6 months. I have no memories of waking up in either a wet bed or a wet diaper during that time, but one or both of those things must have happened with some regularity.

I have exactly one memory of waking up in a wet bed, and I believe I was seven or eight years old at the time. By that age, it was somewhat common for me to sneak diapers from my younger sister's room and sleep in them, but I hadn't done it on that particular night. When I realized my bed was completely soaked, I was so embarrassed and scared. I told Mom I'd gotten sick and thrown up in bed, but of course my room smelled strongly of pee, and she didn't believe me for an instant. To my relief, she didn't get angry at me either. She just sighed and began stripping the sheets off my bed.

Reflecting on this, I think what scared me the most was the loss of control, not the thought of Mom yelling at me. I didn't once think, "Wow, I wish I'd been wearing one of sis's diapers!" It was like babyness had been thrust on me rather than being a matter of choice, and I really didn't like it that way. In the years since, I've come to enjoy the thought of waking up in a wet diaper, but I'd still want some control over when and where.

Last edited:
Reactions: littledub1955
jamiejamie said:
Oh man. Boarding School. That had to be rough. Why were you sent to a boarding school? Rich parents or a problem child?
I think they thought it would be ‘caracture building’ but it was very normal back then. I was sent to the Isle of Wight (you’ll have to look it up, it is a spot in the south of England) miles from anywhere, I hated it!!!.

• Sad
Teddy02 said:
I have had aL4/5 pain problem for many years and it has recently been resolved with a steroid jab to L4. It instantly calmed the nerves and although it was only three weeks ago it has turned my life around. The pain went from a 2 to an 8 in half a second, now none. I still need the nappies though!!!
I've been having steroid injections in to my spinal joints as well as my Coccyx...they don't last more than 2-3 weeks though and at best give my a 30-40% reduction in pain anymore. I also have Radio Frequency Ablations in both spots2x/year each or 4x/year overall with them being spaced 3 mos apart and when it's been 3 months since an RFA on my Coccyx (for example) they'll do an RFA on my spinal joints and steroid injection into my Coccyx and Vice Versa. It's been a straight up nightmare for the past 18+ years for me.

One of the worst parts of my body IS my Coccyx...the natural holes in the Coccyx are "calcified over" in my case meaning my Dr's have to bend a needle to go under/around and then back up into the Coccyx. I have tremendous amounts of lower spinal destruction and it hurts like hell most of the time.

• Sad
I only have a few bedwetting memories though when I stayed with my grandparents I was kept in nappies for bedtime till 5.
I was potty trained but wore day time nappies occasional till about 4 and half.

I remember crying to Mum and Dad because I wet the bed and I was then put into a nappy by my Mum. While Dad went to sort out clean bedsheets.

I never wore drynites or nappies as an older child.

loadedpamperman said:
I've been having steroid injections in to my spinal joints as well as my Coccyx...they don't last more than 2-3 weeks though and at best give my a 30-40% reduction in pain anymore. I also have Radio Frequency Ablations in both spots2x/year each or 4x/year overall with them being spaced 3 mos apart and when it's been 3 months since an RFA on my Coccyx (for example) they'll do an RFA on my spinal joints and steroid injection into my Coccyx and Vice Versa. It's been a straight up nightmare for the past 18+ years for me.

One of the worst parts of my body IS my Coccyx...the natural holes in the Coccyx are "calcified over" in my case meaning my Dr's have to bend a needle to go under/around and then back up into the Coccyx. I have tremendous amounts of lower spinal destruction and it hurts like hell most of the time.
I hear you, I have been doing the RFA for about 10 years now but I am lucky it lasts me about 8 to 10 months before needing it again. My pain doctor is a little Asian guy who really knows how to handle those needles and after 50 minutes of hell I am in recovery and ready to leave in about 15 minutes more. Then I am usually pain free for almost the full 8 to 10 months if I don't do anything stupid to my back.

I have memories of being trained not to wet the bed with an alarm connected to headphones hooked up to my underwear.
Did not take more than a week for my body to adjust as I wanted sleep by that point. I was 7 when this occurred and sometimes I wonder whether that whole episode reinforced or trigged an association with diapers and comfort.

loadedpamperman said:

I hear you, I have been doing the RFA for about 10 years now but I am lucky it lasts me about 8 to 10 months before needing it again. My pain doctor is a little Asian guy who really knows how to handle those needles and after 50 minutes of hell I am in recovery and ready to leave in about 15 minutes more. Then I am usually pain free for almost the full 8 to 10 months if I don't do anything stupid to my back.

loadedpamperman said:

Can they not operate to open up the ‘natural holes’? I saw a back surgeon recently who told me it was a fairly standard operation.
Either way it sounds horrific, and I know how painful it can be. I am seeing a chiropractor who is helping a lot, he advised pilates as well as stretching exercises. Love this getting older … not!

Between about age 6-11 I wet the bed 4-5 nights a week. However, a little before I turned 12 my body finally caught up and I stopped bedwetting. Aside from New Year's Eve after my 12th birthday when I drank way too much soda and stayed up until 1am. I soaked my sheets that night but it was the last time it ever happened.

My most embarrassing memories are from pre-age 6 when I got taped into big white Huggies mid-evening or before a car trip and had to use them no matter what until morning, when I could take them off myself and dispose of them. One time that especially sticks out was when I was about 4 and my mom, without thinking of it, stripped and diapered me on the floor with another kid my age (a family friend) around, and she was watching and asking questions about everything, which my mom explained in detail as if I weren't even there.

I have long suspected part of my lengthy childhood bedwetting issue was how much of a habit was formed by evening, overnight and car ride time simply being diaper time well after being day potty trained, to the point of just peeing without even thinking about it once diapered. I didn't usually need a change before bedtime, but it happened. (That said, I have no memory whatsoever of having a messy diaper changed after about my third birthday, so I must have been able to have someone take the diaper off for that. But a need to pee wasn't enough to warrant taking it off.)

Teddy02 said:
Can they not operate to open up the ‘natural holes’? I saw a back surgeon recently who told me it was a fairly standard operation.
Either way it sounds horrific, and I know how painful it can be. I am seeing a chiropractor who is helping a lot, he advised pilates as well as stretching exercises. Love this getting older … not!
@Teddy02 No idea why I never replied to this (likely never saw it) but I've never heard of this nor has anyone ever offered to investigate if this is a surgery that would benefit me. Do you have more information on this? I'd appreciate it if you do. You can PM me if you'd like. Thanks!

Hi Captain It’s called a foraminotomy. I have been told I may well have this operation one day but not yet as it is not bad enoigh. I am n ot medical expert but this diagnosis was a revalation for me as I had been suffering with pain in my right leg for 10 years and thought it was a bad hip replacement I had a while ago. Turns out to be my L4and L5 joints. The surgeon said he would operate but first they injected steroids that reduced the inflamation and it has been stabel for a year now. Good luck, I know the pain is excruciating.

Back