Bedwetting end age

storiesforthesoul said:
I wet the bed every night until ten and a half. I wore huggies pullups and woke up with soaked. They even leaked a few times (including the one time that I had a friend sleep over). At that time, my parents got me a bedwetting alarm with a chart. It took two months, but it worked. I was officially dry. Although, I did wear goodnites to sleepovers, after I tried to go without it and ended up soaking my friends room.
Been there, not fun at all. One of the reasons I was diapered for sleepovers until I was 10, when I officially was dry during the night at about 7. Rater wake up in a dry bed than the unthinkable.

Reactions: Blekyss and Lewis Badger
dllovergirl83 said:
There were times yes where i had an accident on vaca and that was a exactly why the precaution. You never knew really especially on holidays different habits and diets…
I know the sad feeling. I wore precautionary diapers on sleepovers etc. from when I was dry at home at age 7 to when I was about 10. My big sister also wore bedtime diapers at those occasions until she was about 16 and she was wet most mornings when not sleeping at home...

wearforsafety said:
I stopped around age 10-11. Even then, I was in diaper when having cold, ill or being tired.
After that age I was in diapers maybe 3-4 times when ill.

Otherwise I stopped using diapers until my late 20's
Were you diapered during the day when you had a cold or was tired? Or were you just wearing in the evenings and at night?

Last edited:
Stacy said:
If you wet the bed at night as a kid, at what age did you stop? Did it turn off abruptly or was it a slow process? How did you and your parents handle it? (Plastic sheets, Goodnites, etc. Do you think bedwetting contributed to your DL tendencies?
i was under 5! never done it again, wish I could x

Reactions: Andy86
Som
Palle said:
Were you diapered during the day when you had a cold or was tired? Or were you just wearing in the evenings and at night?
etimes duringbday, exp. when going outside to play during snow winter time when I was in winter overall

Geekboy said:
12 or 13. That’s about the time I started wetting the bed on purpose.
What was said when you started wetting on purpose ?

Reactions: Babygs2608
wearforsafety said:
Som

etimes duringbday, exp. when going outside to play during snow winter time when I was in winter overall
@wearforsafety, thank you for sharing again.
Do I understand correctly that you still wore a diaper during the day at age 10-11 when the toilet was out of reach due to your clothing and such in the winter time?
Did you ever ask or wanted to have a diaper on during the day?, or did your parents just assume you needed one and put it on you?
Did you wet on purpose or just have real accidents in it when you wore it?

Palle said:
@wearforsafety, thank you for sharing again.
Do I understand correctly that you still wore a diaper during the day at age 10-11 when the toilet was out of reach due to your clothing and such in the winter time?
Did you ever ask or wanted to have a diaper on during the day?, or did your parents just assume you needed one and put it on you?
Did you wet on purpose or just have real accidents in it when you wore it?
They assume that I will maybe need onr. Sometimes I needed diaper, and yes I had accidends from time to time

wearforsafety said:
They assume that I will maybe need onr. Sometimes I needed diaper, and yes I had accidends from time to time
Thanks for sharing. Then we were much alike when we were kids. When did you realize hat you were a DL?
Myself, I didn't realize it until I was about 10, and after I stopped wearing between 10-11 it didn't take long until I started to miss them...

Last edited:
I realized that I am DL in my late 20’s

I wet the bed almost nightly until around age 10, and then I slowly started having more dry nights until it completely stopped around my 11th birthday.

I also struggled with daytime accidents until around 10, but those seemed to taper off quicker.

Hell2DaNaw said:
I wet the bed almost nightly until around age 10, and then I slowly started having more dry nights until it completely stopped around my 11th birthday.

I also struggled with daytime accidents until around 10, but those seemed to taper off quicker.
Pretty much identical to me, I wore my last "just in case" diaper during the day short after I was 10 and to bed some time before I turned 11...

Palle said:
Pretty much identical to me, I wore my last "just in case" diaper during the day short after I was 10 and to bed some time before I turned 11...
It’s been recently confirmed by scientists that many kids grow out of bedwetting around this time due to puberty’s hormonal changes.

Before 10, I think I woke up wet 6/7 nights per week, but after my birthday I’d increasingly wake up dry or wake up in the middle of the night needing to pee. Of course there were many occasions where I’d choose to just use the pull-ups instead but I was happy that I’d eventually grow out of this.

I wet the bed practically every night until around middle school (so probably 12 or 13). I never fully did ditch the pull-ups, however, and still wet a few times a week. My DL side has probably made it worse , since I wear to bed often now😅

Reactions: BwBunny, gobphus and Palle
Hell2DaNaw said:
It’s been recently confirmed by scientists that many kids grow out of bedwetting around this time due to puberty’s hormonal changes.

Before 10, I think I woke up wet 6/7 nights per week, but after my birthday I’d increasingly wake up dry or wake up in the middle of the night needing to pee. Of course there were many occasions where I’d choose to just use the pull-ups instead but I was happy that I’d eventually grow out of this.
I was actually pretty dry at home when I was 7, my problem was that I was not closely as dry when I didn't sleep at home, so I needed my diapers probably 5/7 or so. My bladder was so irritable that I needed to be diapered during travel since I sometimes wet myself if I shut my eyes for a few minutes. My mom actually diapered me at the airport before a flight when I was 10... ... It was horrible and embarrassing as he11... But I managed it (did however wet myself)...

maisan said:
I wet the bed practically every night until around middle school (so probably 12 or 13). I never fully did ditch the pull-ups, however, and still wet a few times a week. My DL side has probably made it worse , since I wear to bed often now😅
If I may ask, how did you manage during the day, on trips and such?

Palle said:
If I may ask, how did you manage during the day, on trips and such?
On family trips, I just packed pull-ups/goodnites and took them with me. I didn't usually wear on the way to wherever we were going. I can remember a few occasions where we were flying somewhere late at night, and my mom thought it wise to just have me in my pajamas already, which included goodnites.

I avoided sleepovers and non-family trips pretty rigorously out of fear of being caught, however. At the end of 6th grade, my entire grade level went on some sort of overnight camp and I decided not to go because of this. I don't really regret it either, because according to my friends at the time, it was awful! Rain and mud everywhere, haha.

Palle said:
I was actually pretty dry at home when I was 7, my problem was that I was not closely as dry when I didn't sleep at home, so I needed my diapers probably 5/7 or so. My bladder was so irritable that I needed to be diapered during travel since I sometimes wet myself if I shut my eyes for a few minutes. My mom actually diapered me at the airport before a flight when I was 10... ... It was horrible and embarrassing as he11... But I managed it (did however wet myself)...
So you wore at home until around 6 or 7?

Myself, I struggled with daytime accidents a lot, since due to adhd I’d often put off going potty til the very last second, most times leaking a little in the process.

Growing up, my family travelled a lot, so there were many, many times when I wore a “just in case” goodnite for the plane or car ride.

maisan said:
On family trips, I just packed pull-ups/goodnites and took them with me. I didn't usually wear on the way to wherever we were going. I can remember a few occasions where we were flying somewhere late at night, and my mom thought it wise to just have me in my pajamas already, which included goodnites.
That is somewhat a bedwetter classic... I did however have to wear during the trip until I was 9, sometimes after that if it was later in the day.
But I did also have a big sister wit OAB so I was in good company. She was wearing during those trips as well and she was a little mor than 6 years older than me, so, that was kind of interesting...
maisan said:
I avoided sleepovers and non-family trips pretty rigorously out of fear of being caught, however. At the end of 6th grade, my entire grade level went on some sort of overnight camp and I decided not to go because of this. I don't really regret it either, because according to my friends at the time, it was awful! Rain and mud everywhere, haha.
I never did go to any of those school trips that included an overnight until I was almost 11 and out of diapers, since there were no pullups or goodnites some 40 years ago...

Hell2DaNaw said:
So you wore at home until around 6 or 7?

Myself, I struggled with daytime accidents a lot, since due to adhd I’d often put off going potty til the very last second, most times leaking a little in the process.

Growing up, my family travelled a lot, so there were many, many times when I wore a “just in case” goodnite for the plane or car ride.
Short story long.
"Dry" during the day at home, at about 5, still needed protection during errands until i was about 7 and started school.
After that I still needed the occasionally at times when there were a lack of restrooms or if I would end up sleeping
(I would usually wet myself within 15 minutes or so) If I was awake I could hold it for about an hour or so, I do remember having accidents.
"Dry" during the night, at home, at about 7, still needed protection when on visiting relatives, camping and hotel overstays until I was close to 11 since I had a nervous bladder and usually wet a lot more often compared to when I slept in my one bed...

Back