Bedwetting Diapers as a Kid

Stacy

Stacy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
If you were a genuine bedwetter as a child or teen and wore protection, what kind of protection did you wear? Baby diapers? Pull-Ups? GoodNites? Cloth? Adult diapers? Also how old were you and what time era?

Reactions: diaperguy and mommyvera
harbor said:
If you were a genuine bedwetter as a child or teen and wore protection, what kind of protection did you wear? Baby diapers? Pull-Ups? GoodNites? Cloth? Adult diapers? Also how old were you and what time era?
Started with baby diapers then some medical white diaper. I tried goodnites for a bit they didn't work the best for me. Had old green depends as late teens early adult

Reactions: newAB43
Wore goodnites until about age 11. Then I outgrew them and my mother started buying me adult tabbed diapers. Started with attends and then some thicker pharmacy brand. Always had to cover them with rubber pants or they would leak.

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, newAB43 and MairredDcouple
Terry cloth nappies, rubber and then plastic pants. Well into my teens. Genuine red "Hospital" rubber sheet on my bed. This was mid 50s to early 70s.

• Love
Reactions: tam1623, diaperwoody, Davvyboy and 4 others
Drynites until 13 and then Tena Slips. I remember the switch and couldnt believe how swollen they were in the morning under my PJ pants!

Reactions: diaperwoody, Davvyboy, newAB43 and 3 others
Wore baby diapers till like primary 6 with increasing size till they felt tight then i switch to youth diapers at secondary 1 and adult diapers at secondary 3 and wore till im in secondary 5 which is about 17 years old . I tried goodnites and i'll be honest they can't really hold a teen wetting , i had to use tape on diapers .

Reactions: Davvyboy, newAB43, DiaperLifer and 3 others
If being 4 years old counts as being a genuine bedwetter, it was these:

Peaudouce Babyslips Child Size.

Marketed as being for kids age 3-5.

1980s- pre Pull-Ups.

1664992351283.jpeg

1664992138425.jpeg

1664992472991.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Iron, babybobby, Davvyboy and 9 others
Back in the 50’s I regularly wet the bed till around age 9. Bed had a rubber sheet and I was off and on diapered at bedtime. When diapered it was multiple flat cloth pinned in place covered with a plastic pant. Being the 50’s mom thought bedwetting was a behavior issue with shaming and punishment the cure.

Reactions: furry121, Zeke, newAB43 and 5 others
Was born in the mid 90's and wet the bed until 17, can't really remember what I wore apart from in my teen years which was normally tena slip, can't really remember ever being in pull ups so must of worn some type of youth diaper before that

Reactions: newAB43 and littledub1955
I wore tape on diapers to bed from 1991-1996. I don't remember the first diaper I had to wear to bed, I think they might have been Attends but not 100 percent sure. I do remember wearing the greenish color depend though. I started wetting my bed when I was 7, for unknown reasons. Although I did have lots of nightmares so that might be it. I dunno....

Last edited:
Reactions: furry121, newAB43 and SparkyDog
I was a chronic bedwetter until I was 17. My mother diapered me using flat cloth diapers and rubber pants. As I grew older, she would add another layer of the cloth diapers, and would get larger size gerber style baby pants. By the time I in my teens, she was folding 4 cloth diapers together and the largest size Gerbers she could find. My younger sisters wet their beds too, and one didn't stop until she was 12. We had lots of diapers and baby pants around the house. Mom diapered all of us, she was afraid we'd hurt ourselves with the diaper pins, or not pin the diapers on correctly. There wasn't any teasing about wearing diapers or wetting our beds, but we did like to play with each other when we all had diapers on, especially on weekends when we didn't have school and at night after we'd all been diapered.

• Love
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, furry121, diaperwoody and 9 others
I wore baby diapers till pull ups came out, then I wore either/or just depending on what mom bought then after goodnites came out I wore those mostly with the occasional pull up and sometimes mom would cheap out and buy me baby diapers until I physically was too large to tape them on anymore. I wore the goodnites until I stopped wetting my bed at ~15 then started back wearing them at 17; when I got hurt and had very little control of my bladder. I was glad they had come out with an XL size by the time I needed them again because the large size I had left over were a little more snug than I like.

• Love
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, newAB43, Lyric and 1 other person
SparkyDog said:
Started with baby diapers then some medical white diaper. I tried goodnites for a bit they didn't work the best for me. Had old green depends as late teens early adult

Yeah I wore the green depend too. I remember them having three tapes on each side, instead of two.

Reactions: newAB43 and SparkyDog
wet the bed from 4 to about 5/6. i wore goodnites. since i'm 18 this was in the late 2000s.

Reactions: furry121
I wasn’t really a bedwetter, and continued wearing diapers (prefolds, pins, plastic pants) to bed for just a few months after I was potty trained (age three). My younger sister took a bit longer, and continued bedwetting until she was almost five. Mom just continued using the cloth diapers. That was in the early 80’s, before Pull-Ups or GoodNites. I can remember her double-diapering Sis, and it just looked so thick and amazing. I was beyond jealous! It was around that time that I began sneaking and wearing.

Friends and their siblings had different experiences. One had a plastic sheet and a “Wee Alert” bedwetting alarm. So much for sleeping, I guess.

I’m glad for the kids of today who can just slip into a pull-up of some sort and go to sleep, trusting that things will (probably) be ok in the morning. Our son wet the bed until he was nine, and we just made sure the GoodNites never ran out. We briefly tried the Tru-Fit underwear out of a desire to create less waste, but we were immediately rewarded with wet beds and went back to the regular GoodNites. He just came to us one day and said, "I don't need pull-ups anymore," and that was that.

Last edited:
Reactions: furry121, newAB43, DiaperLifer and 3 others
It was 80's, real baby diapers I was around 9 or 10

• Love
Reactions: furry121 and newAB43
I wore regular diapers until age 4 then used huggies pullups until somewhere around 6 and then goodnites until i stopped wetting the bed at 14 around 2009

• Love
Reactions: newAB43, Deleted member 58241 and thedlguy
Im always so curious about other kids that bedwet. How did you parents treat the situation? Did you have siblings that also bedwet? Were they discreet about buying GoodNites and helping you hide them. My parents would just leave a new package or case of GoodNites at the bottom of the stairs for me to take upstairs whenever I was running low. So all my siblings and a couple friends saw them if they were around. I hated It. I don't think any of my siblings were bedwetters. I was the youngest, one older sister and two older brothers.

Reactions: newAB43, jaredc3, Lyric and 1 other person
littlejoey974 said:
I wore regular diapers until age 4 then used huggies pullups until somewhere around 6 and then goodnites until i stopped wetting the bed at 14 around 2009
Im always so curious about other kids that bedwet. How did you parents treat the situation? Did you have siblings that also bedwet? Were they discreet about buying GoodNites and helping you hide them. My parents would just leave a new package or case of GoodNites at the bottom of the stairs for me to take upstairs whenever I was running low. So all my siblings and a couple friends saw them if they were around. I hated It. I don't think any of my siblings were bedwetters. I was the youngest, one older sister and two older brothers.

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy
I wore goodnites to bed off and on until i was 12. As my bedwetting was intermittent often stopping for a week or two before continuing again for months at a time.

Reactions: littledub1955
Back