Archaeopteryx108

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
I kinda wanna try being a little, but I have this issue where I can't really baby talk. And, for me, it gets physically and mentally hard to sustain for a while. Curse my ingrained knowledge of English... Anyway. How do you get in the headspace to baby talk, and how can I do the same?

I'll let the boozers take this one 🤪

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: Diaperboy27, newAB43, michaelmc and 2 others
I have always wanted to have a cg who speaks another language so that I genuinely can’t understand anything or say anything

Reactions: Diaperboy27, newAB43, ChronoKitten and 1 other person
My ex-wife / first Mommy, she was Cajun. While being from Louisiana, there's a lot of Spicy French that sneaks what we say, but my wife at the time could do deep into the Cajun, where I'd recognize some words, but for the most part it made me feel smol.

Reactions: BabyLouise, Diaperboy27, newAB43 and 1 other person
Well...I'm an Adult Baby (toddler); to that end, I guess I'm an antithesis because despite the bottles & binkies I suck joyfully on, teddy bears I happily cuddle, toys I play with and big baby clothes & diapers I love to wear (and the latter to piddle-potty in)...I'm not into baby talk. But I do observe...

Perhaps the best thing to consider is to talk in very short, simple, direct sentences, whether conversing or not. Another is that, at first, there is less use of "I" and almost no self-reference in third-person ("Molly want doll") or in the dative ("Me want doll"). Sometimes, a tot will say "want", "want doll" or simply "doll" while holding arms out toward the wanted object; I think it takes a bit more learning before a tot uses a nominative pronoun, owing that there are three pronouns for self-reference, each with its own rule for usage (nominative, accusative, dative), which they figure out in time.

Plus, tots are excusably selfish; it's how they get their immediate needs met to survive. Keep it simple is thus the rule of the day...and grow from there. Plus, physical gestures come more into play than anything else. Not sure if that helps much...good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: KittyninjaW, Diaperboy27, newAB43 and 2 others
I can get smol, be in diapers, onesie, and be really deep into headspace, but I don't slip into baby talk or toddler talk. When I've had a Big they could pick up on my headspace and where I was at and talk to me there.

Reactions: newAB43, Archaeopteryx108 and BobbiSueEllen
Huh, I learned a lot!

Reactions: newAB43 and BobbiSueEllen
Babies miss pronounce words and find certain letters together hard
Three becomes thwee
friend becomes fwend
Crocodile becomes cwocodile
Abulance becomes ambulumps
Hippopotamus becomes jiberish lol you get the jist my son couldn't pronounce Thomas the Tank Engine and became Thomas wank engine 🤣
So many funny mis pronouns from kids it's great !

Reactions: dllovergirl83, Diaperboy27, newAB43 and 1 other person
@BobbiSueEllen has got a good grip on it there and to expand a little.

A lot of baby talk I see from AB's involves substituting letters (fwend for instance) to sound cutesy but while a lot of young children who are still learning to speak have trouble with certain sounds it is often in different places than many AB's using baby talk think.

You could try studying some speech and language therapy to get an idea of what ages children should be capable of pronouncing certain letters (some are quite surprising) This document for instance is a very good guide on sounds and pronounceable letters as well as where and why certain letters may be missed/added/substituted.

Another thing touched on was pronouns and BobbiSueEllen was right there, especially with third person usage but I often see things like "my" being used a lot instead of "I" at first with phrases like "my hurt my knee", "My wants an appaw", "My needs a wee wee", rarely do they use "me".

They also often don't start getting tenses until later on so there is no separation between things like "I rode my bike" and "I'm riding my bike" it would be said more like "My ride my bike" whether they have done it, are doing it or want to do it. Same with ate, eating, to eat.

Then there are the S's, lots of S's get added to words like "I wants..." I needs..." and so on, I think much of this comes from them overhearing people talking about them and just picking up the words so if mummy says "Molly likes to play with Lego" when the child is then asked what they enjoy will reply "my likes Legos"

There is a lot of depth to how children learn to speak and what they are capable of at different points.

• Love
Reactions: newAB43, BobbiSueEllen, Archaeopteryx108 and 1 other person
Belarin said:
@BobbiSueEllen has got a good grip on it there and to expand a little.

A lot of baby talk I see from AB's involves substituting letters (fwend for instance) to sound cutesy but while a lot of young children who are still learning to speak have trouble with certain sounds it is often in different places than many AB's using baby talk think.

You could try studying some speech and language therapy to get an idea of what ages children should be capable of pronouncing certain letters (some are quite surprising) This document for instance is a very good guide on sounds and pronounceable letters as well as where and why certain letters may be missed/added/substituted.

Another thing touched on was pronouns and BobbiSueEllen was right there, especially with third person usage but I often see things like "my" being used a lot instead of "I" at first with phrases like "my hurt my knee", "My wants an appaw", "My needs a wee wee", rarely do they use "me".

They also often don't start getting tenses until later on so there is no separation between things like "I rode my bike" and "I'm riding my bike" it would be said more like "My ride my bike" whether they have done it, are doing it or want to do it. Same with ate, eating, to eat.

Then there are the S's, lots of S's get added to words like "I wants..." I needs..." and so on, I think much of this comes from them overhearing people talking about them and just picking up the words so if mummy says "Molly likes to play with Lego" when the child is then asked what they enjoy will reply "my likes Legos"

There is a lot of depth to how children learn to speak and what they are capable of at different points.
Even though it's pronounced Lego

• Thinking
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Archaeopteryx108 said:
Ow! Leggo my leg! 🫢🤭

Archaeopteryx108 said:
That's the point they may add the extra s to the end of words where it's not needed.

michaelmc said:
Babies miss pronounce words and find certain letters together hard
Three becomes thwee
friend becomes fwend
Crocodile becomes cwocodile
Abulance becomes ambulumps
Hippopotamus becomes jiberish lol you get the jist my son couldn't pronounce Thomas the Tank Engine and became Thomas wank engine 🤣
So many funny mis pronouns from kids it's great !
A B C D E F G

H I J K

MENOLMENO

P

• Haha
Reactions: SebUK97, Belarin, newAB43 and 2 others
LittleAndAlone said:
A B C D E F G

H I J K

MENOLMENO

P
"Ellemenno, ellemenno, ellemen--uh..." *micdrop* "Mommyyyy!!! I wet!" 🤭

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: SebUK97, michaelmc, Archaeopteryx108 and 1 other person
BobbiSueEllen said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Haha
Reactions: newAB43, michaelmc and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
Relatable

Reactions: newAB43, michaelmc and BobbiSueEllen
Archaeopteryx108 said:
I kinda wanna try being a little, but I have this issue where I can't really baby talk. And, for me, it gets physically and mentally hard to sustain for a while. Curse my ingrained knowledge of English... Anyway. How do you get in the headspace to baby talk, and how can I do the same?
Just do what's natural. Rather than forcibly speaking little to be little, try just being little and have it come out naturally. Snuggling with a stuffed animal for example my tone changes immediately and I talk like "scchhnuggle" instead of "snuggle". Maybe your little age isn't necessarily baby/infant. Spend time around real kids and see what age range resonates, you'll catch on quick.

It's not just swapping letters and mispronouncing stuff. It's also intentional inflections and emphasis and stuff that kids do, with a touch of exasperation, exuberance, naivity, and innocence. 🥰

Like adding -uh to the end of things when frustrated. LETS GOOOOOO-UH! STOP IIIITT-UH. 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SebUK97, dllovergirl83, MaybeBroken and 2 others
LittleAndAlone said:
Just do what's natural. Maybe your little age isn't necessarily baby/infant. Spend time around real kids, you'll catch on quick.

It's not just swapping letters and mispronouncing stuff. It's also inflections and emphasis and stuff that kids do, with a touch of exasperation, exuberance, naivity, and innocence. 🥰

Like adding -uh to the end of things when frustrated. LETS GOOOOOO-UH! STOP IIIITT-UH. 🤣
Oh, I can easily do that. But I’m better at sarcasm.

• Thinking
Archaeopteryx108 said:
So imagine a little kid rolling their eyes and saying "duuuuh" and go from there. 🤣 kids are too funny.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: SebUK97, newAB43 and BobbiSueEllen
Archaeopteryx108 said:
Oh, sure, a toddler knows pre-cise-ly what sarcasm is... 🤭 Sorry, just had my irony supplement for the day. 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: SebUK97, newAB43 and michaelmc
Back