Baby powder options other then Johnson's

You can buy J&J Bedtime powder from Amazon. It comes from Asia and is the original talc with fragrance kind. I ordered 8 bottles this week just to have.

Reactions: Edgewater
I have powder issues too.
I used to buy Imperial Leather talc and it was great, even when not wearing nappies. I hate feeling sweaty and clammy.

Now it's vanished. I dont like the sickly sweet smell of baby powder, the supermarket own brands are less fragranced and the only solution currently

Reactions: Edgewater and plasticpants1
I was pleasantly suprised by some supermarket brands for baby powder and they are corn starch. I use Shoprite and Stop and Shop (Always my Baby) brands . They arent exactly like the old Johnsons but close enough and have the babyish scent. The babyish scent seems to be disappearing among all the baby product of late, especially wipes. Everything seems to now be odd ball specialized scents like Tea and Cucumber, Portpourrri, Flower blossom....They all are awful. The Pampers Baby fresh are also horrible .Its now like a overly strong linen clean like scent, not babyish at all. Also a lot of products are just simply fragrance free nowadays. All this is mainly due to the massive amount of tadys kids with all sorts of allergies. There were never the caliber of allergic sufffering kids back when I was a child in the mid 70s.

• Wow
Reactions: KnappFlannel, Edgewater and PaddedRita
ruach said:
that's a really, really weird attitude to have, on so many levels.

1) if your daughter or sister or mother got uterus cancer and died, would you sit around and wait for it to happen to someone else, or would you do something about it?

2) people seek justice from corporations not just for monetary gain, but to give back to society. like the people who sued the producers of thalidomide, right?

3) if it's causing uterus cancer, it's reasonable and logical to assume it would cause health problems for people with penises, too, they just haven't been discovered yet

4) having access to one specific product has nothing to do with your freedoms. make it yourself if you're that mad. (i also love inference there at the end that if you can't buy one specific type of fucking talcum powder you'll loose your marbles and go assault someone. it's so funng omg)

please get over yourself and be more respectful to people who cancer has made suffer
There is literally no conclusive evidence that talcum powder causes cancer. If there’s conclusive evidence, then they have every right to be all up in arms about it, but since they don’t, their anger and activism is completely misplaced and unjustified.

I detailed all of this by my posts starting at #31 and ending on #40 on this page: https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/abdl-baby-powder.158647/page-2#post-2024636

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater and PaddedRita
I first used johonson talc but decided to try a cornstarch variety. It took me ages to find it, it seems it hasn't taken off well. It is finer and makes more dust but I prefure it. I simply can't get hold of it.

Unfortunately I do have a uterus and due to sevril women in my family (who all used talc) developing uterine cancer; I'd rather be safer than sorry.

ruach said:
that's a really, really weird attitude to have, on so many levels.

1) if your daughter or sister or mother got uterus cancer and died, would you sit around and wait for it to happen to someone else, or would you do something about it?

2) people seek justice from corporations not just for monetary gain, but to give back to society. like the people who sued the producers of thalidomide, right?

3) if it's causing uterus cancer, it's reasonable and logical to assume it would cause health problems for people with penises, too, they just haven't been discovered yet

4) having access to one specific product has nothing to do with your freedoms. make it yourself if you're that mad. (i also love inference there at the end that if you can't buy one specific type of fucking talcum powder you'll loose your marbles and go assault someone. it's so funng omg)

please get over yourself and be more respectful to people who cancer has made suffer
Can’t be done JJ had trade marked the formulae and smell even if someone here has the resources to replicate the talcom powder they could never market it to recoup the cost. Johnson’s lawyers would be over you before the product makes it first sale

Just happen to fine some Johnson & Johnson Lavender powder . Have always like the smell of it !
Still no luck finding the corn starch J&J powder !

I really like Target’s brand Up&Up. Smells good dry and wet, does a great job with moisture control. I’ve used the Walmart brand and I can smell the starch really distinctly after I wet.

Reactions: KnappFlannel, MetalDan86, tenderbottoms47 and 1 other person
Back