Awkward friends diaper comment

Jinks said:
She is 13 now.

How did she find out. Did she see you one day, or did you just tell her? I think that daughters would be more understanding than sons.

IDDiaperboy said:
We were pretty good friends. Amazingly he never brought them up again.
Sounds like he could tell you were embarrassed about it and didn't wanna keep teasing you

Reactions: BabyHailey1977
Sheepies said:
Sounds like he could tell you were embarrassed about it and didn't wanna keep teasing you
That could be. But we were all in the military, and I can’t believe he never told anyone.

littlemoosey said:
How did she find out. Did she see you one day, or did you just tell her? I think that daughters would be more understanding than sons.
I'd be interested in knowing how she found out also. I have a 1, 4 and 6 yr old and my wife is afraid I'd break the kids if they ever found out I like to wear diapers. Me on the other hand, I wouldn't mind telling them when they're a little older that I needed to wear diapers. I think its perfectly natural...because if I was ic they'd find out eventually.

CharMeckDL said:
I'd be interested in knowing how she found out also. I have a 1, 4 and 6 yr old and my wife is afraid I'd break the kids if they ever found out I like to wear diapers. Me on the other hand, I wouldn't mind telling them when they're a little older that I needed to wear diapers. I think its perfectly natural...because if I was ic they'd find out eventually.
I’m the same way with my 5 year old daughter. My wife is afraid that if she finds out, she’ll tell the whole neighborhood. Like “guess what. My dad wears diapers”.

IDDiaperboy said:
I’m the same way with my 5 year old daughter. My wife is afraid that if she finds out, she’ll tell the whole neighborhood. Like “guess what. My dad wears diapers”.
I think my wife has the same fears...i do also to some extent because my 6yr old has a big mouth 😄. I just can't imagine keeping this secret for the rest of my life and having to worry constantly about wearing around my kids. Id imagine if we normalize it it would be no big deal to the kids especially if i waited until they were like 10 or so to tell them. What are your thoughts?

CharMeckDL said:
I think my wife has the same fears...i do also to some extent because my 6yr old has a big mouth 😄. I just can't imagine keeping this secret for the rest of my life and having to worry constantly about wearing around my kids. Id imagine if we normalize it it would be no big deal to the kids especially if i waited until they were like 10 or so to tell them. What are your thoughts?
That’s probably what we will do. My wife and I call my diapers “pampers”, so one day my daughter will put two and two together .

Years back I had a similar episode. An ex-gf of mine was dating my bartender's best friend. After finding out everyone was coincidentally connected by two degrees I invited them all to a Minnesota Twin's baseball game which I had tickets for.

Sounds pretty civil, right?

So me, the hot redheaded ex-gf, her older Harley Davidson mechanic boyfriend, and the bearded, pierced and tatooed bartender set out for downtown Minneapolis. We got a patio dinner before the ball game at an English style pub, order fish and chips etc...

The conversation goes from baseball to kinks quicker than an Irishman takes a shot of Johnny Walker. The bartender is talking about ball and mouth gags, the Ex about bondage tape, the new boyfriend about tying knots, to me talking about girls' halloween costumes I think are hot.

"That isn't kinky," says the bartender, "It's just hot halloween fun."

Out of nowhere my ex-girlfriend excuses me by saying "He is kinky! He likes diapers."

Chuckles around the table and a look from the bartender met my eyes that said "I'm not going to forget hearing this!"

I was upset. I ended up forfeiting the tickets to them. Buying bleacher seats to sit by myself, a hotel room at the Marriott, and an Executive Express ticket home for the next day.

I avoided the bar for two weeks but when I finally went back it was like the bartender had no recollection of hearing that I liked diapers.

D
IDDiaperboy said:
That’s probably what we will do. My wife and I call my diapers “pampers”, so one day my daughter will put two and two together .
Do you talk about them openly in front of your daughter now? Is your wife supportive of your wearing?

WABX said:
All my ex-girlfriends know and so do my sons.
How old are your sons and how did you end up telling them? Are you 24/7

I had a coworker who was the eternal over sharer. While my team was in a conference room working, she mentioned this website that is like a kinky Facebook called FetLife. She mentioned there's people on this site who likes wearing diapers.
In my head I am thinking has she seen over my shoulder on my phone. Is she looking at me? Is everyone looking at me? I stayed staring at my laptop. I didn't wanna smile or so anything to acknowledge what she said.
About six months later she somehow brought it up again. I noticed no one was looking at me.

The funny thing someone I know in the local Ageplay community came up as a suggested friend on a social media site and she was a friend of his. At the next play party I asked how well did he know her. He was like she's the loud, opinionated, oversharer where he works now and is not aware of either of us are in the Ageplay community.

Reactions: Subtlerustle and CharMeckDL
CharMeckDL said:

I think that 10 is way to early. My son is 16 and I think that it is too soon for him... perhaps when he is 20 or more and has a beeter understanding of life. But at this point he would just not understand.

Antientmariner said:
I was driving somewhere with my friend who I rent from when his gps went out or something so I handed him my phone and told him to use mine.i used Google to look up some adult diapers and it was the top search inquiry, but I didn't know it... Or just forgot, anyways we were watching someone waddling across the road and he turned to me and said "he's a good boy, he has his diaper on doesn't he?"he was saying it in a way that it was meant for me, not the pedestrian. Later when I was home, I saw the recent searches, and there was the address he typed in, and right below it, was my search for adult diapers. I died on the inside 😥 because I go through great lengths to ensure this stays behind closed doors. There was another time we were at toys r us and when we parked (same friend) he asked me if he wanted me to change my diaper. Both times I laughed it off, but I'm sure he knows. He's very non judgemental, but still it hurts to know someone knows.
I had a similar situation a few months ago. Where i let my friend hold my phone, i have a habit of just using the search bar for everything and ignoring the fact that it opens other apps. So he clicks on the browser and ADISC was the last page i was on apparently. He made the comment of, "what's this site?" and i was like, "Huh... What site?" and he goes, "adult diaper support or something." Oops. I explained it and it was over, i guess it was one of those things he rather not know.

littlemoosey said:
I think that 10 is way to early. My son is 16 and I think that it is too soon for him... perhaps when he is 20 or more and has a beeter understanding of life. But at this point he would just not understand.
You're probably rightx it just stinks having to hide it. Do you think if you were incontinent it would make a difference and maybe you would tell them sooner?

littlemoosey said:
I told her when she was about 8 or 9.

Last edited:
All my family and close friends know I need to wear 24/7, and after almost 6 years im no longer embarrassed about my need for diapers and have no problem talking about them if some one asks.

Jinks said:
I told her when she was about 8 or 9.
I hate to push the issue, but I'm in the same boat you are jinks. How/what did you say to her a what was her reaction. How did she handle it? Thank you so much for sharing.

CharMeckDL said:
I hate to push the issue, but I'm in the same boat you are jinks. How/what did you say to her a what was her reaction. How did she handle it? Thank you so much for sharing.
OK long story with a little background info, here it is.
I think my interest in diapers started with 11 after seeing my friend's brother being changed into a diaper in the evening. And after getting into diapers myself it turned out to be something that I just can't stop or give up. I do not always wear and I also have periods where I do not wear at all. Fast-forward - Somehow I told my wife after a couple of months in our relationship. But until then I wore baby diapers with with tape. My wife (back then my girlfriend) was the one that said that I should buy some that would fit... So we looked online and bought some on ebay. When they came they actually fit perfect and I even convinced her to try them with me. She actually did, but she didn't like it at all. So it is just me that wears. Years later we got married and we eventually wanted to start our own family. A couple of years later our daughter was born. I was worried how I would hide my diaper wearing from her. My wife said at the time, for now I don't need to worry. I can even throw my diapers in the trash with hers! It would be a while until she would be able to understand. Time did really go fast... I was always careful and hid them. Her growing up and getting smarter was not easier on me...I changed from plastic back to cotton feel because of the crinkle noise. But it kept getting harder with changing, trash and being discreet. Sometimes I couldn't wear at all and this was starting to really bother me. I don't know but it really has an effect on me and it changes my mood and makes me feel happier and comfortable. Then about 4 or 5 years ago I had some trouble with a few kidney stones. One of the stones caused bleeding down there. I had to go to the doctor a few times until everything was figured out what was going on. Right when I was getting ready to go to another appointment, my daughter (8 or 9 years old) asked me why I have to go to the doctor again. I told her I will tell her later when I get back home because I didn't have much time and she said OK. Later on when I got back, I had a talk with my wife and I told her I wish I could just wear diapers with out hiding. Somehow it just depressed me. She said well go and tell her, maybe bend the truth a bit?!. But that's something you would have to do. I was really thinking this over and was really nervous. But after talking with my wife for a while, I decided to tell her. So I went in her room (shaking like crazy) and asked her if she had some time for a talk. She said sure and stopped playing, went and sat on her bed. I told her I just got back from the doctor and that I have been having some trouble down there with peeing and told her about the stone and the bleeding. And that I found out from the doctor that they make diapers for us adults too. I said it would be a lot easier for me if I would wear them and asked her if it would be ok for her. She just said yeah sure go ahead?! Then we had a talk about privacy and I said that only mom and her can know about this, it is a private thing and nobody else is to know about this. She said ok and that she understands. She won't tell anyone. Turns out this was the best thing I did. No problems ever. My diapers are openly in our dressing room stacked on a shelf and other packs underneath on the floor. I have a drawer full of cloth diapers and diaper covers as well. She has seen me in diapers so many times and it didn't change a thing between us at all. I'm actually really glad that I told her. When I'm at home it doesn't matter if my diaper is sticking out or if I'm wearing a thick cloth diaper. But I do always have something over them like joggin pants or shorts etc. And nothing is never said.

Back