Autism and diapers

Last edited:
Reactions: Sidewinder and AJFan2020
Okay, small story time. I was diagnosed with Asperger's as a kid, to which I do agree I exhibited much of the symptoms. I would stim, had sensory issues, would have meltdowns. I have always had a fascination with diapers, ever since I was very small. I managed to convince my parents to get me diapers when I was 5, which was nice for when I wet the bed, but that did not last for long at all, my mom threw a fit saying I was lazy and was potty trained.

A lot of symptoms of ASD have faded from my life, I went to college and got my bachelor's degree, I hold a very nice job and can be considered 'successful'. But the diapers have always been in the back of my mind. Nowadays I realize I'm a middle, who needs to have a diaper/Pull-Up.

Reactions: Jaseinfantlist35
  • Thinking
Reactions: diaperkool
JulestheFloof said:
I'm definitely autistic, though I refuse to be diagnosed because of the enormous drawbacks in the states and lack of resources as an adult.

I was never treated that way as a child - it was the 90s and AFAB kids weren't ever diagnosed. But oh my word did the signs point to that - even more so as an adult.

Art and drawing started early - I'd hyperfixate on characters for years at a time - (Sonic, Pokémon, Barney, TLK, Naruto, Avengers as I got older.) Photos of me had my stuffed animals constantly lined up or in a circle as I "played" with them that way.

My diaper fixation started when I was 5ish - sneaking plastic-backed Luvs home from my sister's little brother, trying in vain to put them on, and keeping them on my stuffies instead as I "babied" them.

Was gifted in reading, writing, and art, and always struggled with math of any kind - I have the mental capability of a 9-year-old in that subject. Always struggled through high school and college with any math.

Had a handful of close friends growing up that were as eccentric as me. I feel much closer to animals emotionally than many people. High school was surprisingly fun and I had a great social life - diaper wearing included! It was college that was isolated as I became infatuated with a boy that was constantly on-and-off with what he wanted from me. I was used and manipulated and it did a number on my mental health.

Now as an adult, I've got tons of aligned issues - I am super picky with food, get overstimulated easily, have a huge ABDL kink among other niche interests, am trans and queer, developed minor incontinence, still deeply hyperfixated (Detroit: Become Human) and would rather wear comfy clothes than appear super stylish. I struggle with income and work - though I do work, I find it deeply mentally draining.

I find it fascinating that many people with interests in the ABDL world are on the spectrum too. It's a wonderful coping mechanism - sexual or not, that brings us comfort and a way to connect with others like us 🤗
I can see what you mean but you will probably at least want to be diagnosed before you are a senior citizen. If you are autistic and not diagnosed the symptoms can sometimes be mistaken for mild cognitive impairment (or even dementia). This could result in being given medications that you don’t need. Some of those medications might have side effects of some kind.

Reactions: Honeywell6180 and BobbiSueEllen
I'm autistic too

• Love
Reactions: mistykitty, AJFan2020 and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
Neurotypicals. I call 'em "Muggles".
Also known as "normies."

Sidewinder said:
Also known as "normies."
Broken in their own, usually-self-inflicted ways.

As I age I seem more stereotypically autistic.
Anyway, I have been busy with disability civil rights activism.
I am on the ABLE-NH ID/DD Mental Healthcare Access Taskforce.
Here in New Hampshire, the only emergency mental health crisis care ID/DD Children and adults here in my state is in Hospital Emergency Rooms.
All the acute psychiatric care beds in New Hampshire are "booked" for the next couple of years.
I am still my usual 24/7 diapered self.
Anyway, welcome to my quiet Sunday evening.

i am autistic and while no chance to wear yet, i am interested in nappies/diapers both due to comfort feeling and medical issues. i have a lot of attachment to kids things due to autism, i depend a lot on others and not really emotionally mature, and act really child-like. i kind of feel like a kid who never grew up and is in an adult body.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
weemouse said:
i am autistic and while no chance to wear yet, i am interested in nappies/diapers both due to comfort feeling and medical issues. i have a lot of attachment to kids things due to autism, i depend a lot on others and not really emotionally mature, and act really child-like. i kind of feel like a kid who never grew up and is in an adult body.
I am relying more on others as I age since I am 66..
I can not drive.
Back to like it was when I was a preteen.
Yeah!
I wear diapers 24/7.
My interests are child-like.
Plushies.
LEGO
Toy cars and trucks.

TryssGoldear said:
I'm autistic and I'm pretty sure it contributes to my love of diapers.
Same

Reactions: AJFan2020 and BobbiSueEllen
honestly when I was a kid, Autism was not a thing. Everything was label special needs. I read up on Autism and took at home test. It said I am on the spectrum. I have lot of the traits of it too. I am a pick eater. I have a set routine I go by and dont like when my schedule is messed up. I hate change.

Reactions: soggybottoms8882, AJFan2020 and BobbiSueEllen
babyjoe698 said:
honestly when I was a kid, Autism was not a thing. Everything was label special needs.
Exactly. There were only two categories then: 'Normal' and 'Special Ed'. If you had autism, Down Syndrome, dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, so on, you were considered 'retarded', by staff & peers alike...often derisively. The kids with Down, sadly, took the biggest brunt because of visual appearance. Looking back, it seems so tragic compared to now...and as kids then, we had nothing to compare to the ugliness of the times. Now...we do.

Back in the early/mid '70s, I would play in the living room with the TV on; the TV station usually on then was KOMO-4 in Seattle and on rare occasion then, they'd run a PSA stating "If you are teenaged and pregnant, you run a high risk of having a baby with mental retardation...for more information, contact blah-blah-blah..." My older sister and I were born of a teenage mom. I got 'the bug'.

They never specified which variants because, back then, one size fit all. Quite a narrow attitude for a society which 'put a man on the moon' 5 years prior. Which takes me back to Steve Camp's rendition of the song "The Great American Novel": "...you say 'We beat the Russians to the moon!', and I say 'You starved the children to do it'."

The very words of songwriter Larry Norman.

To this day, my country and its wealthier citizenry brag about our 'superior freedoms, opportunities and social acceptance', all the while being a de-facto caste society.

Last edited:
Reactions: diaperkool
BobbiSueEllen said:
Exactly. There were only two categories then: 'Normal' and 'Special Ed'. If you had autism, Down Syndrome, dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, so on, you were considered 'retarded', by staff & peers alike...often derisively. The kids with Down, sadly, took the biggest brunt because of visual appearance. Looking back, it seems so tragic compared to now...and as kids then, we had nothing to compare to the ugliness of the times. Now...we do.

Back in the early/mid '70s, I would play in the living room with the TV on; the TV station usually on then was KOMO-4 in Seattle and on rare occasion then, they'd run a PSA stating "If you are teenaged and pregnant, you run a high risk of having a baby with mental retardation...for more information, contact blah-blah-blah..." My older sister and I were born of a teenage mom. I got 'the bug'.

They never specified which variants because, back then, one size fit all. Quite a narrow attitude for a society which 'put a man on the moon' 5 years prior. Which takes me back to Steve Camp's rendition of the song "The Great American Novel": "...you say 'We beat the Russians to the moon!', and I say 'You starved the children to do it'."

To this day, my country and its wealthier citizenry brag about our 'superior freedoms, opportunities and social acceptance', all the while being a de-facto caste society.
I was born in 82. so I graduated in 2000

With it being Monday morning I am in my usual unvarying routine.
I am okay.
But I am thinking of a real-life situation going on with respect to a 68 year old Autistic man in Salem, NH relayed to me via his "Direct Support Person".
The man's guardians massively interfered with the direct support person and "drove him out".
The 68 year-old Autistic's guardians are "APOCALYPTIC MAGA TRUMP SUPPORTERS" and have amassed a huge arsenal of automatic pistols and AR-15 Semi-Automatic Assault Rifles with bump stocks to make them full automatic.
They only allow the Autistic man to watch FOX NEWS and are preparing him to fight the war against Antichrist Biden, the democrats, and the LGBTQIA+ Community, etc.
Plus there are a couple thousand rounds of ammo in the house he is forced to live in where he is no longer allowed to go out into the community.
This Autistic 68 year-old man is an Aspie, and his room is bugged with microphones and cameras to not allow him any privacy.

I fear something bad is going to happen to this Autistic 68 year-old man whom I met only once and it will be all over the WMUR-TV news.
I told this man's direct support person to "call the NH State ID/DD Services Agency" to intervene and get this Autistic out of there.

BobbiSueEllen said:

The very words of songwriter Larry Norman.

Exactly, when I was growing up kids were usually referred to as either “normal” or “Special Ed”. If a specific condition was mentioned people would say something like “(Student’s name) is Special Ed and by the way he or she has (name of condition goes here).” By the early to mid 1990s I also started to hear the term “gifted” but even then not all that often.

By about 1984 or so autism and dyslexia (for example) would sometimes be mentioned but even then not all that often. From what I remember I started hearing more about ADD around the late 1980s or early 1990s.

AJFan2020 said:
Exactly, when I was growing up kids were usually referred to as either “normal” or “Special Ed”. If a specific condition was mentioned people would say something like “(Student’s name) is Special Ed and by the way he or she has (name of condition goes here).” By the early to mid 1990s I also started to hear the term “gifted” but even then not all that often.

By about 1984 or so autism and dyslexia (for example) would sometimes be mentioned but even then not all that often. From what I remember I started hearing more about ADD around the late 1980s or early 1990s.
You got it right, right down to the timetable. Of course, the hordes of people lagged begind in compassion and common sense. Still a considerable bit of lag to this day. Guess it's better for the Muggles to be crowded in the middle than lonely at the top. :unsure:

Reactions: AJFan2020
I believe I mentioned this elsewhere but my doctor informally diagnosed me with autism. She mentioned that I exhibit it in patient notes but didn't feel it was enough that action needed to be taken so never made the formal diagnosis or took any action. I pretty sure I even had a conversation with someone here about my doctor's actions.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
mistykitty said:
I believe I mentioned this elsewhere but my doctor informally diagnosed me with autism. She mentioned that I exhibit it in patient notes but didn't feel it was enough that action needed to be taken so never made the formal diagnosis or took any action.
I'm not at all a big fan of GPs running interference on that. They should opine and say "I believe you have autism and, if you want, I can refer you for formal diagnosis and stand out of your way"...but for a GP to lend their opinion and block...that's uncool and unethical. Very little angers me more. If that's all they're gonna do, they need to shut the hell up on the matter, get off the fence and keep off of it. Or choose the other side. Because everyone deserves the opportunity for an answer. Autism is something they have no right to trifle with...it's like they're playing marbles with diamonds. "La-de-da...clack-clack, click-click, cut short, that quick!"

I'm sick and tired of GPs smugly holding The Keys of Privilege in such matters. They have zero right. Sounds almost like a bad case of cherry-picking and moral abuse.

Last edited:
Back