Attends with inner plastic liner

JoeRelax said:
I love the color.
You're not the only person to love this pale shade of cute baby blue hue.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 57387
mickdl said:
Maybe - but it shows where the business is heading on (or at last try to)... So bad luck for Domtar and PaperPak :)
Attindas did at least a nice move making the Attends Premier line feel much like Pampers Swaddlers.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 57387
MikeDJ said:
I have a couple from the late 80s and they were huge! They had only two tapes on each side, a shiny ultra crinkly plastic and the micro pore inner lining. I dont wear them because they are so rare now. But boy are they thick and crinkly! Take me right back to my thick plastic diaper days as a child. Boy would I love to see some sort of vintage Attends replicas come out.
So @MikeDJ may I ask a somewhat personal question? You don't have to answer if you don't want to. But, how does the micro pore lining feel next to your privates? Is it "babyish?" Is is soft and supple? Or is it somewhat course and rough feeling? I'm somewhat confused though... people say the inner lining was actually plastic, but if it was plastic how could it be absorbent?

I have to say, even though I am not into hourglass diapers or buttery smooth glossy plastic for diapers, the Attends diaper has always been somewhat appealing to me since it so closely resembles a true baby diaper (like Luvs) and because in my mind I know for a fact that those original Attends were made by the same manufacturers as Pampers and Luvs (P&G)! So because I happen to LOVE LOVE LOVE Pampers diapers, I cannot help but be attracted to Attends diapers as well.

Now, if they just had my beloved diamond-embossed plastic texture then they would almost be the perfect adult diaper for me!

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273
JoeRelax said:
I love the color.
Do you have a preference for vintage Attends? Blue vs. White?

BabyTweetyBird said:
You're not the only person to love this pale shade of cute baby blue hue.
Hey @BabyTweetyBird didn't you say these baby blue Attends were some of the first adult diapers you ever tried? I myself have never had any of these baby blue ones, but I did have one of the white ones as a freebie on one of my vintage Pampers eBay auctions. For some reason I don't recall being that impressed by the micro pore lining... I am drawing a blank if it even had it or not. Did P&G make vintage Attends without the micro pore lining as well? Anybody here know?

70sPampers said:
Hey @BabyTweetyBird didn't you say these baby blue Attends were some of the first adult diapers you ever tried? I myself have never had any of these baby blue ones, but I did have one of the white ones as a freebie on one of my vintage Pampers eBay auctions. For some reason I don't recall being that impressed by the micro pore lining... I am drawing a blank if it even had it or not. Did P&G make vintage Attends without the micro pore lining as well? Anybody here know?
Those baby blue Attends were the first P&G adult briefs I tried back in the mid-to-late 1980s. Had no problems with the micro pore liner but preferred the improved perma-dry feature from the 6-tab waistband styles, much better.

70sPampers said:
Do you have a preference for vintage Attends? Blue vs. White?
I love both colours, though I can't afford the white Attends at the time.

The micro pore liner is the same liner used in maxi-pads. it has lots of holes in it to let liquid pass through. They were hot
in the summer time though.

BabyTweetyBird said:
Those baby blue Attends were the first P&G adult briefs I tried back in the mid-to-late 1980s. Had no problems with the micro pore liner but preferred the improved perma-dry feature from the 6-tab waistband styles, much better.
So do you recall what the micro pore lining felt like next to your privates? Good feeling? Unpleasant feeling? Is this a TMI question? I mean, come on, adult diapers are meant to be worn next to your skin so isn't it a legitimate question about how they feel (coming from an ABDL who doesn't have experience wearing adult diapers). In fact, I have not even so much as slept in an adult diaper overnight. I have put one on and worn it for a few minutes but I have not worn one while I slept, so I am curious about the feeling of those vintage Attends and the micro pore lining.

BabyTweetyBird said:
I love both colours, though I can't afford the white Attends at the time.
So do you think that the blue is a bit more "babyish" or do you think that the white is more "babyish?" I myself think that white diapers are the BEST, no matter the brand or size or adult version or baby version. To my diaper fetish mind, white diapers are part of the arousal factor of diapers themselves. I have never been into colored diapers and to this day I have NO colored diapers in my baby diaper collection.

70sPampers said:
So do you recall what the micro pore lining felt like next to your privates? Good feeling? Unpleasant feeling? Is this a TMI question? I mean, come on, adult diapers are meant to be worn next to your skin so isn't it a legitimate question about how they feel (coming from an ABDL who doesn't have experience wearing adult diapers). In fact, I have not even so much as slept in an adult diaper overnight. I have put one on and worn it for a few minutes but I have not worn one while I slept, so I am curious about the feeling of those vintage Attends and the micro pore lining.
The feeling was excellent but not as good as the perma dry liner from the later 6-tab waistband styles.

70sPampers said:
So do you think that the blue is a bit more "babyish" or do you think that the white is more "babyish?" I myself think that white diapers are the BEST, no matter the brand or size or adult version or baby version. To my diaper fetish mind, white diapers are part of the arousal factor of diapers themselves. I have never been into colored diapers and to this day I have NO colored diapers in my baby diaper collection.
Both colours are equally babyish with the blue suiting little baby boys to perfection since I was fascinated by both Ultra Pampers and Luvs Phases for Boys.

Reactions: 70sPampers
70sPampers said:
It was definitely soft, but like with this plastic did soften a little more when worn in bed after a while. It literally ‘moulded’ to your backside and skin, quicker in warmer temperatures. As some people have said, they could get a little slippery if you started sweating, although a very good lubricant! Likewise against your ‘privates’, which I always thought was a nice feeling, although not the softest, but pretty soft. The plastic did stick to them, as I remember unpeeling often a ‘moulded’ shape when I would take one off after using one overnight. They were pretty good for stools, as the plastic would capture them very well if you needed to defecate into one rather than urinate. I suppose it would stick to it better than cloth!
I do remember some I bought though (white outer plastic) had a horrible smell inside - the plastic inner lining smelt well, plastic. Not to say they didn’t smell plastic inside anyway, just a bit more foul!

Would love there to be a resurrection of them.

Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and 70sPampers
@70spampers The micropore liner is made from a very soft, very thin plastic sheet, which is covered in pores. I say pores rather than holes, as each hole is funnel shaped, which pulls moisture away from the skin into the padding below. Theoretically it's a great idea, but you have plastic against your skin, which can cause heavy sweating. You literally need to peel off the diaper when changing.

They were all I wore for the first year when I became incontinent. The only negatives I remember was the plastic liner sticking in warm weather, and needing to change after a heavy wetting, as they were terrible for press out. There has been nothing on the market like them since, so there is no way to compare them to anything else.

• Thinking
CheshireCat said:
@70spampers The micropore liner is made from a very soft, very thin plastic sheet, which is covered in pores. I say pores rather than holes, as each hole is funnel shaped, which pulls moisture away from the skin into the padding below. Theoretically it's a great idea, but you have plastic against your skin, which can cause heavy sweating. You literally need to peel off the diaper when changing.

They were all I wore for the first year when I became incontinent. The only negatives I remember was the plastic liner sticking in warm weather, and needing to change after a heavy wetting, as they were terrible for press out. There has been nothing on the market like them since, so there is no way to compare them to anything else.
Wasn’t the idea that they were intended to stick - to create a barrier between the skin and stop liquids escaping. This would be especially useful on the waist area, if say in bed wearing them lying down.
But I do remember my privates getting quite hot at times, tingling…

It did have a unique feeling, I think you could get used to it if you persevered long enough. I’m pretty sure the inside was polyethylene plastic.

mickdl said:
This is really interesting - these are not the ones that where sold in Germany. Unfortunately I didn’t found a picture - but the German ones where completely white and had a real very soft plastic foil inside with the characteristic “v” holes in it. They where already equipped with SAP - what was pretty new at this time.
What were these German ones like? I would love to see these again.

jamesattends said:
Wasn’t the idea that they were intended to stick - to create a barrier between the skin and stop liquids escaping. This would be especially useful on the waist area, if say in bed wearing them lying down.
But I do remember my privates getting quite hot at times, tingling…

It did have a unique feeling, I think you could get used to it if you persevered long enough. I’m pretty sure the inside was polyethylene plastic.
I don't know if the intention for the plastic liner was to stick to the wearer creating a barrier, or to be very effective at moving liquid to the pad. But they were effective at containing a void and at the same time difficult to pee over the waistband. Meanwhile, the micropore liner was only available for institutional Attends, whereas the standard liner was used on the retail Attends. So, P&G had second thoughts about the micro pore liner.

As I said, I spent my first year of incontinence in Attends with the micropore liner. They fit well, were very soft, and much thicker than Depend. The feel and stickiness of the liner didn't bother me at all, except when I incurred higher ambient temperatures during the summer. Personally, I would not be interested in trying them now after 30 years of diaper improvements.

70sPampers said:
So do you recall what the micro pore lining felt like next to your privates?
I remember these well. They were the first decent absorbing diaper I got hold of back in the 90's. Bought them off a recommendation in a medical supply store. They were kind of nice when you first put them on but after a while and a couple wettings felt like your junk was wrapped in wet cling wrap and started leaking all over the place. I didn't like it at all but someone else might find them heavenly.

Last edited:
  • Sad
mickdl said:
but the German ones where completely white and had a real very soft plastic foil inside with the characteristic “v” holes in it.
Mine were the baby blue variant.

Back